Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Canceled order from Dr. Lava

jakeGT

Down with the flexdrive!
We don't need them anymore dr lava! (what kind of doctor is he anyway)!

Blord

The was a debate about if he is a doctor. For now it is just a nick.
I could use for myself the nick "Professor Doctor Blord" :D

daguin

Down with the flexdrive!
We don't need them anymore dr lava! (what kind of doctor is he anyway)!

The was a debate about if he is a doctor. For now it is just a nick.
I could use for myself the nick "Professor Doctor Blord" :D

He has earned his PhD.

Whether he supplies you with drivers in a timely fashion or not,
his honorific is now Doctor Kibler

Peace,
dave

daguin

That's what I was asking

Phd in what?

Biomedical Engineering, Neural Focus

His areas of specialty include:
Neural engineering/interface, biomeasurement and stimulation, circuit design, MEMS electrode fabrication, application and embedded programming

He just recently moved (one of the reasons for his absence) to the Portland, OR area (from Ohio) to take a position of Senior Research Engineer, in a biotech (medical devices) firm

[rant]
In the last couple of years, he has written his dissertation, graduated, done an employment search, and now moved to his new residence (across the country)

All that while listening to people whine that they weren't getting their laser drivers in a timely fashion
[/rant]

Sorry for the rant
It most certainly was NOT directed at you Jake
It was an expression of my frustration with people

We just have a tendency to be self-centered and forget that there are more important things in the world than our laser hobby

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

jakeGT

You would think with a PHD that he would know a thing or two about customer service/ satisfaction no? It bewilders me such a smart man can not know when to quit doing business, or to take care of his "business" if he is gonna have one.

I mean come on, even if he is too busy to sell his drivers etc, why would he not put up a simple notice on his site and list everything as not available? At least a one liner saying sorry I'm busy, please do not order anything until further notice

Last edited:

daguin

You would think with a PHD that he would know a thing or two about customer service/ satisfaction no? It bewilders me such a smart man can not know when to quit doing business, or to take care of his "business" if he is gonna have one.

I mean come on, even if he is too busy to sell his drivers etc, why would he not put up a simple notice on his site and list everything as not available? At least a one liner saying sorry I'm busy, please do not order anything until further notice

I'm not going to fight about it or defend him

He did not operate his business in a businesslike manner

I've had my rant

I will say this.

A Phd in science has absolutely NOTHING to do with business or customer service ;)

It has been my experience, that the deeper someone gets into pure science, the "looser" their connection with pragmatic reality becomes

Peace,
dave

jakeGT

I wasn't trying to fight in any way

Just needed to have my very small rant too.

daguin

I wasn't trying to fight in any way

Just needed to have my very small rant too.

Yeah. Intelligence and education have very little bearing on the ability and/or skill needed to run a business

I am an over-educated, certified genius

However, I cannot seem to keep a calendar or an address book up to date :yabbem:

If the mechanic didn't send me notices, my truck would still have the original oil in it :crackup:

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** -- Maybe, now that FlamingPyro is within driving distance to drlava, Jeff can keep him thinking about the drivers

Last edited:
If I had money to spare I would pay for Jeff to take over sales completely. I don't know who I'd pay or how they'd do it, but just imagine how awesome it would be for lava if no one was bitching at him at all. Well.. except the old ball and chain. The concept of letting someone else run your sales isn't "PhD" level either.

daguin

If I had money to spare I would pay for Jeff to take over sales completely. I don't know who I'd pay or how they'd do it, but just imagine how awesome it would be for lava if no one was bitching at him at all. Well.. except the old ball and chain. The concept of letting someone else run your sales isn't "PhD" level either.

That would be pretty sweet!

Peace,
dave

Well, got a bunch of idiots around the community starting up with the whole "leave lava alone ya big meanies, he's so awesome that you have no right expecting anything from him for your hard earned money, in fact you really should just donate your money to his awesomeness because he is so freaking awesome" thing again... so that means it's time for:

THE MONTHLY BUMP!!!

Hope you enjoy all this feedback Andrew, you earned it ;)!

Last edited:

ARG

I think one of the multitude of DR lava threads should be stickied, as a warning to new folks.

Blord

I doubt it will help. The newcomers don't even read stickies about anything. The administrator could remove all link to dr lava shop and replaced it with a warning.

Well, got a bunch of idiots around the community starting up with the whole "leave lava alone ya big meanies, he's so awesome that you have no right expecting anything from him for your hard earned money, in fact you really should just donate your money to his awesomeness because he is so freaking awesome" thing again... so that means it's time for:

THE MONTHLY BUMP!!!

Hope you enjoy all this feedback Andrew, you earned it ;)!

Links would be nice....:eg:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited: