Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can Some Lasers Go Through Walls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

#82 would be my choice also from personal experience. I once thought I was crazy and sought counseling. My counselor told me crazy people don't think they're crazy but, sane people do.

Here are a couple of articles you may also find interesting.

Electromagnetic Spectrum
Maser

I'm really trying to help here. Perhaps these will expand your mind a bit more and lead you to other areas of possibility i.e. I learned something about MASERs I didn't know and now I have a bunch more learning to do, not necessarily about Masers.

IMHO, we are not the professionals you need to be speaking to but, we are interested.

Last edited:
Reading through all of these posts took a while, made even longer by the addition of a bunch of unrelated pictures that took forever to load on my slow dialup internet.

I serioulsy doubt that the OP is trying to troll, unlike a majority of the responses. There were some that offered helpful advice, and that was good to see.

For those that do not know me, I have an extensive background in directed energy technologies that goes back nearly 4 decades. I was directly involved in the R&D of these technologies prior to the majority of them being declassifed. Some of these technologies are still classified and I cannot comment on them.

1. Does this sort of technology exist?

The answer is yes it does. There are several technologies that can cause these sorts of symptoms that are well beyond the more common explanations such as parasites of various types. This technology was successfully deployed during "Desert Storm". All of these penetrate walls with ease, however most will be deflected by metal foil (or a metallic back-coated glass mirror). Nearly all are RF based, only the wavelengths and target aquisition methods vary amongst those. Those that are not RF based are still classified.

2. Does the OP fit the profile of a target for these technologies?

Only the OP can really answer that. Usually, only high level targets earn that sort of interest. The agencies that currently operate and control these technologies would need a reason to bring them into use. Local law enforcement agencies typically do not have access to this technology in full military form. However, of late there has been a lot of testing going on with non-lethal former-militery grade technologies being developed for local law enforcement use at lower power levels. Not likely to be deployed for no good reason, and only the emitter could be handheld. The rest of the equipment is definitely not that portable.

Something like this could certainly be homebrewed for a relatively low cost if you really knew what you were doing. Enough information about these designs has leaked out that it is entirely possible, but not likely. I won't go into it more than that, as it's very dangerous technology in the hands of someone that does not know what they are doing.

As for sonic weaponry, not too likely. While sonic devices are fairly common and can also be highly portable, the symptoms just don't fit. I've built and used tactical sonic systems.

I hope the OP finds resolution to this problem.

Bob

ps: As for that Jesse Ventura show, I missed it. I've been asked to consult for those folks many times and I've refused. I do not want my name associated with it in any way. There have been documented legitimate TI (Terrorized Individual) cases, but they are rare. Most of those that claim to be TIs are not. They tend to not have a good grasp of the technologies in use and find "villians" with every tower or every passing vehicle with a ham radio or CB antenna.

I think his best bet is to bypass all the tinfoil and other ideas and instead just report directly to the mother ship.

Freaking-Out.jpg

Last edited:

JimK

Anyways Mr scientist, does tinfoil block gamma radiation?

Older post, but no, tinfoil won't block gamma, depending on the tinfoil thickness - it may block the big 'fat' Alpha particles and faster moving beta. The only real defense against gamma is 3 feet of lead >_< or just merely distance.

Aww, I missed the pony takeover?
tumblr_me1s47mlYZ1qmo3obo1_500.gif

Sorry, but no one else was staying on topic and I had to at least once.

Actually OP's question was "can some lasers go through walls?"
The answer is no. A laser is by definition either IR, visible light or UV and there's no way any of those can go through walls.

Anything above UV (i.e. X-rays or gamma) that was strong enough to feel would've given you nasty visible radiation burns and you'd probaly be dead by now.

A maser (microwave analog to laser) or T-ray may or may not be able to go through walls but I'm still pretty sure that's not it.

9Ring

I told you guys.....the OP is TARGETED
( we'll have to wait a few years ....until Cyberdynes can manufacture a proper T-800)

For Temination.

Status
Not open for further replies.