Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

C Mag Custom 445 Build...

jayrob

Also, check out my new 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Modification! Awesome!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?310685-FS-1000-Lumen-XM-L-T6-Maglite-Mod-With-Voltage-Monitor-Parts-or-Complete-Light!

Here's a custom head, fit for a C Maglite host...
D Mag with custom head here

C%20Mag%20Custom%201.jpg

Edit: I originally showed this build just as a project, because I figured that not many would really want to go with the expensive driver that I used...

But with a few people asking, I do have a price breakdown of the complete build with parts, etc...

Just send me a PM! :beer:

It's a massive heatsink/head...

The build is designed for a 1.8 Amp Jib driver / 445 set up using these protected 25500 cells from DX. (they fit with a tail cap and spring modification)

Edit: The better set up is using the new X-Drive buck driver. I stock these in 1.8 and 2.1 Amps...

Note: The UltraFire protected 25500's are longer yet, and do not fit.

Or you can use the non-protected ones with no tail cap mod...

If you use the non-protected ones, you have to watch out that the batteries do not get over discharged, but with this set up (445 diode/Jib driver @ 1.8 Amps), the Jib driver will give considerably less output once the voltage gets to 6 volts. So I think it is a relatively safe combination for the non-protected cells...

But I have the protected 25500's from DX, and they fit with a tail cap mod... :D

Should be a couple of hours run time between charges if not more... :)

The driver is heatsinked and mounted to the inside barrel of the host. The same as is shown for a Jib driver 'Hot' option in my Large Maglite thread.

Mag%20Jib%202.jpg

The switch mod is done also in the same fashion as shown there.

Here's some more pictures of the build...

C%20Mag%20Custom%202.jpg

C%20Mag%20Custom%203.jpg

C%20Mag%20Custom%204.jpg

This set up is a very nice, solid 445 build with a massive heatsink. It is also a very easy assembly. (as can be seen)

Just showing it as a project, because it is too time consuming to make the head (one at a time on my lathe) to offer it as a kit. But if you want a quote on this set up (without diode), just send me a PM... :beer:

Obviously, this same set up can be used for a D sized Maglite. But that would mean even more machine work for a larger custom head.

This build would be fine for a FlexDrive as well. Using 2 X NiMH's...

Also, you could use the same set up for a standard 12mm green module if you wanted to...

In that case, you would not be focusing it, and obviously the Jib driver would not be used...

You would also be using 2 X normal C sized NiMH batteries positioned case positive. (positive end towards tail cap)

Click here to see my list of projects and tutorials! :)

Last edited:

Re: C Mag Custom Build...

more like a club!. just kidding. very nice machining jay!

Morgan

Very nice Jay. I like the way the driver is heatsinked to the main part of the head. ;)

It reminds me of the Viashos and Hulks of this world.

Nice blinding flashlight too!

M
:)

jayrob

Very nice Jay. I like the way the driver is heatsinked to the main part of the head. ;)

It reminds me of the Viashos and Hulks of this world.

Nice blinding flashlight too!

M
:)

:thanks:

Yes!

It does look a lot like an RPL... :D

Last edited:
Looking Good Jay.

I really like custom Heads Like that.:beer:

What is she putting out.?:drool:

+:beer:

Edit: Must Spread Love.:(

Last edited:

jayrob

1.7 Watts... (405-G-1)

About a normal efficiency diode. I wish I would have gotten a high efficiency diode for this build, but 1.7 Watts is not bad! :beer:

Sweet.:D

You could always swap out the diode module once you get a efficent one.:)

DTR

Wow. Very nice Jay. My first thought was RPL as well.:drool:

jayrob

Thanks man! :beer:

I have to find somebody that goes through a lot of diodes, and pay them extra to find me a high efficiency one for this bad boy. Hmmm....

But then again, such a person probably gets too many requests like that already! :crackup:

Last edited:
Awesome awesome awesome Jay!!!! What a beast that thing is, it looks like a space baton from the future. YOU dont mess with that! :eg:

Last edited: