Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blinged out my Colman Max Host.:D

Tonga

Dang I think I just got Blinged :wave::wave:! That is a beautiful host man:) beautiful work!!

rhd

Beautiful host! Wow!

What equipment is required to do the gorgeous buffing seen here? :)
Presumably a fairly substantial buffing wheel ?

Last edited:

LaZeRz

He uses a bench grinder converted to a polisher with wheels on both sides

i've got 2 colemans for sale right now in the clearance & limited time section of the store. one is scratched and 50% off.

Thanks Everyone For all the Kind Words. This is what keeps me doing it also. Love to here feedback. Good or Bad. You guys are making me blush.

Beautiful host! Wow!

What equipment is required to do the gorgeous buffing seen here? :)
Presumably a fairly substantial buffing wheel ?

Thanks.:p I Just converted a Grinder to a Polish Wheel set up.

Nothing fancy. IMO its all depend on how good of a job you want to do. Your 2 hands are the Most important. Once you get a feel for it, its pretty fun to do.

The Hardest part is dealing with small host. You have to be careful when polishing. It doesn't sound that dangerous but i have had a couple of times when i was polishing a small host and i turned it the wrong angle and it got caught up in the wheel flung it across the room and scared the Crap out of me.:eek: The host was Garbaged afterwords.:( Then i was doing a Good size heatsink around the same size of a C6 heatsink and it got caught up the same way and flew across the Room like a sling shot. I could only Imagine that thing hitting you. You would be Knock out.:eek For sure. Ever since then i try to do small Host and heatsinks on a 4" wheel rather then the 6. Its alot more safer.:) But takes alot longer.

Breaking in the Wheels are also a Pain in the butt. I just now feel that they are perfect. It take less time to polish and it comes out alot better.

DSC06175.jpg

^^ Although it no longer looks like that.:crackup:

i've got 2 colemans for sale right now in the clearance & limited time section of the store. one is scratched and 50% off.

:sold:

Last edited:
If you really want it I can tell Moh to Just take it off my order and get something else.

It seems you really want it.:)

Let me know.?

ARG

Wow, that really is quite beautiful. How long did it take you?

Wow very nice job.

This is a little off topic, but if anyone has a damaged Coleman CR2 host, I"m in need of a new tailcap with the switch. The switch in mine was buggy, and I completed screwed it up trying to get it out of the tailcap. :(

Wow very nice job.

This is a little off topic, but if anyone has a damaged Coleman CR2 host, I"m in need of a new tailcap with the switch. The switch in mine was buggy, and I completed screwed it up trying to get it out of the tailcap. :(

a vice and the top part of an empty aixiz module works well to remove the switches. Though you must pull out the rubber switch cover first.

That coleman Max looks insane all cherried out like that. :beer: I'm almost expecting Xzibit to pop out from somewhere...

a vice and the top part of an empty aixiz module works well to remove the switches. Though you must pull out the rubber switch cover first.

Thank you! I've been trying just about everything to get this out. I wasn't even sure it was a press fit. A few moments after reading this and I had the switch out. :bow:

Of course it checks out fine once it's out. When it's in the light is always on. I don't get it. Something is shorting out I guess. I'll have to take another look at it later