Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ARCTIC HOST feeler! interested? READ

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( I want some credit!

And as for your idea, while i'm not in for this build, I'd love a driver that did strobe. Someone DEFINITELY make that, and give us a schematic, so i can steal your design! :eg: :D

I was hoping it'd be as simple as a little oscillator, the kind i used to mess with with my dad when i was 8 with a transistor, capacitor and variable resistor. I then discussed it with user CharlieBruce and we went into 555 timers and astable circuits and inductors and linear drivers and O____________________________________O ...i was very confused... my electronics knowledge has steadily slipped away from me since those days when i was 8 and used to make stuff with my dad.

Sorry for rambling. If anyone wants to PM me to discuss pulsed driver schematics, or would like to teach me about drivers in general on MSN, please feel free. I would be greatful!

tl;dr: I like the idea of a driver with a strobe function, but only because i want to use the schematic.

""EDIT AWESOME Idea: Can we fit it with a mode driver??? so we can have(( Low, Med, High, Strobe, Sos ))? The last 2 are not necessary but if were going put it in there we might as well have it all... The 1st 3 would be very cool to have in it. There should be enough room and I'm sure everyone would like that""

If anyone can do this it would be DTR- he has experience With the SOS/strobe/hi-lo drivers.

If I could make host/HS kits, he would always get a free one--you wont get better free advertising than one of Jordan's tuts.

@ Jake -do you or Ponitac have anything to share about the new AixiZ lenses and/or drivers that I sent out to you??

hak sez
"DONT HESISTATE--DONATE TODAY TO LPF"

Sorry I haven't been around all that much lately guys, I've been under a lot of pressure to finish the inside of this cabin I'm working on and that's pretty much bumped it up from a weekend job to a full blown 2nd job. Once that's all done I'll be back more, like I used to be :D

The good news is that I did discuss this host with my boss a few days ago and he's pretty pumped to make them start to finish in house. I've got some bar stock on the way to start making prototypes and eventually the finished host. It won't be much longer now, hopefully!

Hak, I haven't seen a driver or lens, at least I don't think I have... A better driver would be nice, two flex drives would work but why pay for two when you can just get one big one!

I did get the voltage board Jib sent me, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I gotta say, Jib has about the most amazing soldering skills I think I've ever seen! This board looks 110% professional designed and assembled! These are definitely making their way into the AntArctic, and possibly any hosts I design in the future. Sure does make a side clicky 10000x easier to coordinate!

rhd

I would love for there to be some leeway regarding drivers - ie, a design that doesn't pre-suppose flexdrives, or whatnot.

I really enjoy DIYing drivers, so it would be cool to have some flexibility. Doesn't need to be anything specific - just perhaps not a mandatory setup that would only work for flexdrives, etc.

jakeGT

You know guys, I don't want to burst anybodys bubble or anything. But in my mind, ever since the very beginning when I was deciding on making this thread or not, my intentions, when it came to the actual order/sales thread I will eventually make, that it would be titled ANT-ARCTIC HOSTS

EVEN though, I never posted it or anything of the sort, antarctic had been in my head, ever since day 1

haha

You know guys, I don't want to burst anybodys bubble or anything. But in my mind, ever since the very beginning when I was deciding on making this thread or not, my intentions, when it came to the actual order/sales thread I will eventually make, that it would be titled ANT-ARCTIC HOSTS

EVEN though, I never posted it or anything of the sort, antarctic had been in my head, ever since day 1

haha

It's not a AntArctic....

it's name is

"P5's AntArctic"....

rhd

How about just "P5 AntArctic" ???

It rolls a bit better. Plus, can you picture trying to say:

"Hey, this is a P5's AntArctic"
vs
"This is my new P5 AntArctic. It's radical narlyness to the extreme."

:)

How about just "P5 AntArctic" ???

It rolls a bit better. Plus, can you picture trying to say:

"Hey, this is a P5's AntArctic"
vs
"This is my new P5 AntArctic. It's radical narlyness to the extreme."

:)

AntArctic P5

jakeGT

ah HELL NAH. There will not be any spam in my thread you SOB, god if I didnt think I would get in trouble you would get yourself a new one ripped. Go die in a hole somewhere, nobody cares about your piece of junk cheapest laser pointers that are the cheapest made biggest pieces of crap. Get the hell out of here and go die. Get out of my thread and our forums. We hate you people. hate hate hate. If i saw you in public right now you'd get my size 12 foot up your ass.

jakeGT

I was about to Put my foot up alinuhulis... Well you guys get the point

Aaron

I would love for there to be some leeway regarding drivers - ie, a design that doesn't pre-suppose flexdrives, or whatnot.

I really enjoy DIYing drivers, so it would be cool to have some flexibility. Doesn't need to be anything specific - just perhaps not a mandatory setup that would only work for flexdrives, etc.

I completely agree! The only problem with most hosts is that they are made specifically for expensive microboosts or flexdrives. If we could get some flexibility with the driver setup, it would finally let people use their $5 drivers or homemade LM317s in a handheld! I think that would top the deal on this incredible work of art.

jakeGT

I think, with enough ingenuity that you could put almost any driver in the build, maybe not the round DX ones, but def a home made, i'm already made my mind on dual micro's or flex's

Beams

sure man, depending on the price though, under $150/£100 then yes!:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.