Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A message from our company

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then you have to ask the question, why would casio PR use a proxy at all?

I think its reasonable to call them "Nichia 445nm diodes", or just " the 1w 445nm diodes", its all good :)

I agree!
I also think this should be made a sticky as RA_pierce stated.

Dose it realy matter if this is from who they say they are ! I think regardless of who sent it it shold be taken as real and observed.
I want it sticked, there I used that word !
Quit worring who sent it just observe it !
it's good advice ;)

i agree, fake but useful and valid. i made this point 2 days ago. there is no need to address casio at all...

btw, i highly doubt somebody in casio's pr department would have such horrible grammar.

michael

Hahahaha :crackup:

No a PR wouldn't use this language, I'm sure if they were a PR though, they would have many reasons to want to protect there location and IP for that matter.

If It were rep. they will be here proving there who they say. also I would think such a large corp. would rather talk to LPF founder to get the job done properly instead of asking nicely...
Maby that's just how I think.

I agree, extremeodd. Such language coming from PR... its kind of ironic :p

Agreed, no way this post came from any PR department, I call it out as a fake. Doesn't mean the post doesn't have value, but no way is that real.

Here are a few of the key parts that you would never hear come out of a PR department of any kind...

- "we cannot risk lawsuits filed by those idiotic persons who harm themselves or others with "casio lasers."

- "To combat the problem we have made the diodes harder to extract with odd-head screws and thread locker" - Note that a PR department would be using the proper terms for the screws and adhesive used.

- "one is to come to this forum and ask the people here stop selling "casio lasers" to incompetent persons. " - First they would never address us as a community but would seak resolution from the site owner who controls what occurs on the Forum, and again the term "incompetent" would never be uttered by a PR department.

- "since anyone intelligent enough to build their own laser likely knows how to use it responsibly."

- "Sell these homemade lasers to only people who you trust to do the right thing, and do not market them as "casio lasers"."

First they tell us not to sell them, then to only sell them to "people we trust" lol. This thing has so many holes in it that it's sinking faster than the Titanic. There is just no way that this could possibly be real, besides all of the vocabulary you would never see the PR use there are grammer issues all through this post that once again you would never see coming from any PR department "you people"

"All of this has left us with few choices, and one is to come to this forum and ask the people here stop selling "casio lasers" to incompetent persons."

Hahaha, pretty funny writing in that.

So just how many people here are going to keep comming forward and try and prove how smart they are by saying this is a fake, :wtf: who cares it's very good info just read and try to follow that idea !

Serac

reasonable fake or not
I don't like how they said "you people" so many times or the overall tone of it

HIMNL9

Well, if they are really concerned about peoples that use their name, then i'm just wondering about what the real Casio company may say (or do) to the poster, if c0ld forward them a copy of this post, and then it reveal to be a fake ..... :eg: :eg: :eg:

dnar

Very reasonable request for sure and what most have been doing and saying for a long time.
Agreed.

Real or not. The Advice is timely and sensible.

Smells like a T_J prank to me. On ya T_J!

Last edited:

Toke

If the objective is to separate Casio and 445nm diodes it would be much more effective to get the supplier to start marketing the diodes separately and cheaper under a different name. :D

(I guess that the income from the percentage of projectors sold for stripping outweighs the concern over PR.)

If this is legit I say we make a deal! :gh:

If they make the diodes easier to withdraw from said device..then we'll stop using the C word :whistle:

gillza

But then you have to ask the question, why would casio PR use a proxy at all?

I think its reasonable to call them "Nichia 445nm diodes", or just " the 1w 445nm diodes", its all good :)

How would you distinguish between A130 and A140 and possibly A150 projector diodes if you use only Nichia 445nm diodes. Can we still use projector's catalog number? Or should we come up with another way? Any idea?

Great question.. I would think that simply using the A1XX designation would suffice, since that designation doesn't say the projector manufacturer's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.