Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A message from our company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casio

Hello.

As you people have likely noticed there is a lot of commotion regarding our company and its laser projectors. They seem to have become a cheap and the chief source of blue laser diodes. These diodes are very powerful, and although we understand your love for lasers, we do not want our company associated with such dangerous devices as 1 watt laser pointers. Therefore I ask that all of you stop referring to these diodes as "casio diodes," and to stop using terms such as ca$io and c@sio.

When we designed and then released the XJ series of projectors we never expected them to be used in this manner. Although the massive sale of these projectors has been quite profitable for our company, we cannot risk lawsuits filed by those idiotic persons who harm themselves or others with "casio lasers." To combat the problem we have made the diodes harder to extract with odd-head screws and thread locker; to stop average joe from disassembling the projectors. It is the most we can do without changing the manufacturing process, but it seems that it is not enough.

All of this has left us with few choices, and one is to come to this forum and ask the people here stop selling "casio lasers" to incompetent persons. We are not upset that you are disassembling the projectors for personal use of the diodes, since anyone intelligent enough to build their own laser likely knows how to use it responsibly. However there many imbeciles out there who will buy a laser online and point it at an airplane or a car for a quick laugh. Although there is nothing we can do to stop them directly, we can ask that you people use these lasers responsibly and not tarnish our company name. Sell these homemade lasers to only people who you trust to do the right thing, and do not market them as "casio lasers".

All the best,
Mary - Casio PR.

I think that this should be stickied in the Buy, Sell, Trade section and/or the 445nm Lasers section.

Very reasonable.

I do not think this is legit. The above user posted from an anonymous web proxy located here: http://www.proxylobster.com/ (Or another proxy hosted on that server, that server/IP is dedicated to proxy sites it seems).

It's not that bad, they are just asking that we don't use the "C" name. It is has already been discussed, so I don't see a problem!
I don't think we want idiots with 445's either! :beer:

KiLLrB

Good message! Even if it is fake it gets the right message across. We need to self regulate.

udanis

It is my understanding that this user's IP address originates from Chicago IL.
Casio does have a corporate office near Chicago IL.

Very reasonable request for sure and what most have been doing and saying for a long time.

udanis

there are ways to get threw bad proxys if we care enough.

I'm not saying if this is real or fake, but someone had to do a little work if they did fake it. IE find a city with a casio office in it and find a proxy in that city.

IF it is fake this isn't some 14 year old. This is someone who knows what they are doing.

If they are using a proxy server it could be coming from any where, that server is just at that location. We have one for our work even though I am in Utah it shows up as coming from our main office in WI.

I agree. Really there is no reason to call them anything other than 445nm diodes. That is what they are after all.. they weren't made by the projector manufacturer. Legit or not this is a good post.

I'm not saying if this is real or fake, but someone had to do a little work if they did fake it. IE find a city with a casio office in it and find a proxy in that city.

IF it is fake this isn't some 14 year old. This is someone who knows what they are doing.

But then you have to ask the question, why would casio PR use a proxy at all?

I think its reasonable to call them "Nichia 445nm diodes", or just " the 1w 445nm diodes", its all good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.