Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A-140 vs. M-140 vs. H1600

DTR

Forgot to mention. Great work Dave.

It is great to confirm that these are indeed a different diode than the previous and now we are able to tell them apart we can keep people from getting scammed. Again thanks for the hard work.:beer:

daguin

On the M VS H there still may be the same effect we saw with the A130 VS A140's. Higher binned diodes may be used in the H series. There is still a lot of info that is needed to answer that question definitively.

Does the M have 24 or 32 diodes?

Also, the H has the larger red LED and a big blue LED.

I'm sure that makes up for the difference in the lumen output

If you have any zombie or broken M140 I would gladly take macro photo's of them.

I'll send you an A and an H. That way we can have "clean" shots of both

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

rhd

Remember though guys, in the H series, the blue diodes are NOT used to produce blue output. They are ONLY used to produce GREEN.

So right off the bat, you have more blue light creating green output, potentially accounting for the higher output, even if the diodes are identical. You also have 32 diodes not 24 in the H.

Has anyone decoded the 2D barcode?

DTR

I was actually just looking at the data sheet for the 1.7W Nichia and saw something interesting. It says:

"This model has a protection device built in as a protection circuit against static electricity"

I have not heard of this before. Is this a common feature on diodes or something new?

http://www.nichia.com/specification/en/product/ld/NDB7875-E.pdf

Last edited:
My Gut was Right that they where diffident.

Well somewhat right. I thought the M and the H where different from each other but i guess i was close enough. Well this still could actually be true as they might be the same diodes and not the same to the A series diodes but the M and H series could be different bins which i believe even more now.

Not a Bad eye Dave for an old guy.:na:

Great Job. Much Respect for doing this Dave.:wave: j/k

Thank You/:bowdown:

I might be able to get you a recent A140. Please let me check.

Last edited:

DTR

Ok well scratch that. I just tried to hammer my guy but they are still $100 more than the M series so it really does not matter if they do have the new diodes.:yabbem:

rhd

I'm going to try and clean up the barcode... in progress

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Painstaking, but I verified it to be this:
attachment.php

Searching for a web-based decoder that can handle this 2D code.

EDIT: Not necessary, I just pointed my Android at the computer screen, and it decoded the DATA Matrix as: "3400mW 462nm"

Just kidding. It decoded it as: 3305273097

As an interesting note for the future, Barcode Reader from the APP Market was actually able to decode not just the Black/White final image, but the Blue/Yellow-ish one second from last. Same output. To produce that in the future, I simply used the Mosaic filter in photoshop, set to a tile size of the height or width divided by the number of dots in the grid. Make sure your grid image is perfectly square. Also, make sure it is cropped perfectly. Otherwise the mosaic filter won't overlap your dots properly. From there, just 50% opacity the mosaic'd layer on top of the original.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 1,767
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,580
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,555
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,662
Last edited:

rhd

Feel like I am watching CSI :D

What diode is that ?

It's an H-Series. If I get really ambitious at some point, I'll do the same with another diode from the projector. It would be valuable to know whether the number:
- Increments (suggesting that it's just a serial)
- Stays identical (suggesting a batch number, manufacture date, revision, etc)
- Is wildly difference (suggesting that the data may represent some diode-specific characteristics)

Ahole, my heart just skipped a beat.

Sorry guys. I just couldn't resist!