Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

8X Diode Murder fund

He has yet to contribute any data to our forum. If he has more orders than me, good for him! Altho i thought he charges $20 USD for a laser build? :thinking:

You have to understand most of his buyers are kids and n00bs who just want power. Also most do not have LPMs, and DMMs to check the work. Its the same principle that the Chinese use. As long as people are getting a cheap bright laser that burns, no one wonders if the power setting is correct, or if they are getting the actual diode they paid for. Hey I could be wrong, but from the people I have talked to, and no technical information from him other than some fishy numbers, it sure seems that way.

The service is $20 but if you want to buy a pre-made laser its another story.

One kid called him an artist LOL. But had no specs to post. Plus Jay is the artist, not him, seeing though they are Jay's kits LOL.

Last edited:

daguin

So Dave said i shouldn't have to put money into this fund, since i'm doing the work...
I'll wait till tomorrow, so i see what happens before sending PP to Dave...
Again, it is my belief that 8x laser owners/makers should pay into this to learn how long their lasers will live!
I'll return any donations with diodes IF REQUESTED in a PM with an address and donation amount!
You don't HAVE to ask, but you CAN if you want to....
So i guess my contributions will be the diodes?

The way this is going, it will be a done deal by tomorrow. We are just getting to "quitting time" here in the US. That means it is the middle of the night in Europe.

Unlike yourself, IgorT, most people sleep at night <need zombie smilie>

Peace,
dave

The service is $20 but if you want to buy a pre-made laser its another story.

One kid called him an artist LOL. But had no specs to post. Plus Jay is the artist, not him, seeing though they are Jay's kits LOL.

its always amazing how gullible some of these people are. they think flashy banners and cheap prices means better when it doesnt.. jake21 relied on the same principles.. im not downing tyler with that coment either b/c ive never seen his work. just making an observation.

IgorT

its always amazing how gullible some of these people are. they think flashy banners and cheap prices means better when it doesnt.. jake21 relied on the same principles.. im not downing tyler with that coment either b/c ive never seen his work. just making an observation.

I asked for a dummy load for $20 to review his soldering SKILLZ, but i couldn't get him to reply until just now. EDIT: He was away, my bad!

All i want is to make sure he knows how to solder good without any cold solder joints, which can kill diodes, as everyone knows.

If Dark does good work, i will say so, and give him rep!

Otherwise i guess i need a flashy banner? :evil:
My sig not big enough? :undecided:

Last edited:

IgorT

The way this is going, it will be a done deal by tomorrow. We are just getting to "quitting time" here in the US. That means it is the middle of the night in Europe.

Unlike yourself, IgorT, most people sleep at night <need zombie smilie>

Peace,
dave

Dave, it's only 1:30 in the morning here... :whistle:

That's like the middle of the day for me! :san:

You're already going offline in US at this early hour? What time is it there? :thinking:

IgorT

Donated :).

Give this diode hell igorT!

Hell it will get like no other diode before it!

This is the 8x diode - This is what will happen to it.. :lasergun:

I almost feel sorry for it! :yabbem:
No, no, what's this feeling? Excitement? :evil:

If i didn't know any better, i'd think i'm looking forward to murdering it! :thinking:

daguin

Dave, it's only 1:30 in the morning here... :whistle:
That's like the middle of the day for me! :san:
You're already going offline in US at this early hour? What time is it there? :thinking:

No. Sorry. "Quitting time" refers to the "normal" end of the work day. It is 4:45pm here.

More members will be coming on line in the US now. Even more will come on line from the UK and Europe in the next 8 hours or so.

ONLY $70 more

Peace,
dave

IgorT

Ok, i'll go to sleep, and by the morning, i think this poor, soon - but not too soon i hope - to be dead diode will be covered?

If not i'll cover the rest myself...

Did anyone request a diode yet?!?

My future 8x buyers get a discount if they donate
!

Donated. Thank you for all you do IgorT!

Edit:

BTW, I didn't just donate because you said you'd offer a discount. I asked Dave for his PP earlier, I just had to wait till I got home.

Last edited:
err!! discount in the future.. plus possible phr or whatever diode if i donate??

WHA?! how much left? $70??

:thinking:..

daguin

Ok, i'll go to sleep, and by the morning, i think this poor, soon - but not too soon i hope - to be dead diode will be covered?
If not i'll cover the rest myself...
Did anyone request a diode yet?!?
My future 8x buyers get a discount if they donate!

No one has asked about the diode deal yet. People just seem willing to help.

Maybe I'll "auction" something off before you awaken

ONLY $70 MORE

Peace,
dave

hmm.. even after bryce's donation.. still $70 dave?

i'm willing to help.. and just help.. but if there's a deal.. lol.. i wouldn't mind donating a tad more :p