Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

800mw 532nm module

Some more progress on the host and a polish!

Attachments

• urcFrzu.jpg
    urcFrzu.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 56
  • UL5byBl.jpg
    UL5byBl.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Damn, ok, be just like RB Astro showing me such nice toys that I'd like to have but are unique.

Thank you guys it's starting to look nice now, so here's another LPM test I just done with the module and transistor heatsinked, Longer run than before and 4.2v battery fully charged it's starting to look better, I'm sure after I add collimation it will be even better!

https://youtu.be/kFpp37gXzG8

Last edited:
WOW BBB,

Another awesome build great job buddy, Really professional quality in machining and also the module. thats going to be a keeper. Nice thread.. +REP

Rich:)

WOW BBB,

Another awesome build great job buddy, Really professional quality in machining and also the module. thats going to be a keeper. Nice thread.. +REP

Rich:)

Thanks mate!

Those brass copper hosts you machined there look really nice also mate, good job, a lot of detail awesome!

Am I reading that right, does it take a 10watts of IR to Pump .8 watts of 532nm light? Insane, but so bad ass!

Last edited:

diachi

Am I reading that right, does it take a 10watts of IR to Pump .8 watts of 532nm light? Insane, but so bad ass!

Not sure where you're seeing that?

That's fairly low as far as 532nm efficiency goes, but it's not unreasonable.

Just wanted to show of the positive compleating circuit latching switch,
I love the word precision and in this case it shows, with the extra time and care that I put into all my builds,
A brass tube was machined to slide over the threads of the stainless steel switch and with a little pressure pop it's now a solid brass switch, Outer diameter also machined precisely so as to press into the host and become one piece, no glues no set screws just a perfect continuity throughout the whole housing for the positive connection,
A little thermal epoxy was used to adhere the spring to the switch as well as some solder,
If ever needed to be dismantled, a tube pressing on the outer brass ring on the inside will be sufficient to press the switch back out!

Back to work on the negative contact and the optics these things take time, actually haven't slept yet since finishing night shift this morning so maybe time for bed!

Attachments

• SE7TAV4.jpg
    SE7TAV4.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 32
  • coMomAm.jpg
    coMomAm.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 31
  • pVdqBdR.jpg
    pVdqBdR.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 35
  • UHKtZpM.jpg
    UHKtZpM.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: GSS
I have well observed the construction of this step-by-step laser pointer (including video).
You have the metal lathe with 3 Jaws ...!
Now I've got the concept of laser host construction!
It's all about Matrioska one in the other! with a margin of 1mm max.

My compliments :gj:​

I have well observed the construction of this step-by-step laser pointer (including video).
You have the metal lathe with 3 Jaws ...!
Now I've got the concept of laser host construction!
It's all about Matrioska one in the other! with a margin of 1mm max.

My compliments :gj:​

Great mate,
Thank you, I think! I'm happy you understand now good luck!

Great mate,
Thank you, I think! I'm happy you understand now good luck!

Is the On / Off switch 12V 3A?
Welding the + and - to the extremes excluding the central one!
Can you use the same instead of the classic button in the led torches?

BobMc

I'm going to have to ditto what everybody else has said about your build Billy, well done! Always a pleasure. :gj: