Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

574nm 36 mW Yellow Laser

Perfect! I have access to a lathe so I shouldn’t have too much trouble isolating the module.

The other nice thing about the X-Drive is you can use two batteries in series and still get a good efficiency. That should give you longer run times between charges.

I turned mine to a handheld. Flashlight host guys wouldn't like it, though. I just glued the driver to the side of the module and glued them on top of a 3x14500 holder with on/off switch. Piece of cake, small enough to hold in one hand and take outside for some beams.

I built some battery powered 532nm lab lasers several years ago too. I used my own aluminum cases and heat sinked the module inside the heat sink and used thermal adhesive to sink it to the case. I used 40 mm fans and they worked very well. Not what I would call a pointer though.

There are lots of advantages to box hosts. They don't need a tripod to stand still, it's a lot easier to add analog modulation, no need for machining or buying expensive hosts, no need to worry about case polarity.
My most recent half a dozen builds have been boxes or "hostless", most of them with analog modulation. Only one is kind of big, all the others are smaller than a 501B ;)

I'm not a pointer purist. I have many lasers that are not pointers. Many are regular lab lasers or gas lasers. Then there are the box lab lasers I built myself to run on batteries. Mostly because they run unlimited and don't mode hop.

Can someone tell me this? WHICH Opt Laser does Freeman 'work' for- why from Oz? what up with the other aussie? (is that who you all mean when you refer to 'aussie'? was he 'Laserkid at PeeLee?

I have found several links to several 'Opt Lasers' and posts/thread with dead(now) links- I assume we can rule out OPT Laser Poland?-- One Opt does or did make/sell laser projectors-- whatever was once at Alibaba-- its gone now.
Do both yellow ( and/or orange) labbies we have seen come from same maker?-- the thread at PeeLee is quite bazaar.. something else must have been going on there-- VERY unlike those from China-with the foul language-rant..

BTW
it would be nice if some sort of records were being kept on these DPSS labs- DOAs-output... replaced drivers-etc - (TY to all who have provided what drivers they switched to.) << and the tips to keep the running cooler--

Hi, Len. Yes when we speak of the Aussie we are talking about the seller of these same units from OZ. The OPT Lasers are the ones from Freeman B. His email is fb@optlasers.com, IIRC. I have it posted in many places in this thread.

How could his email address be at optlasers.com when that is the domain for Mateusz web site in Poland?

Edit: OK, mystery solved, the HK address does not have an "s" at the end, that's a gotcha. I searched through many pages of this thread to chaise this down, but you are right paul, you did post his address in the thread but without digging further, the one I found deeper in was also to the Poland seller with an s at the end.

These guys need to do something about using such a similar name if both selling laser stuff.

The thread has grown too large, took me awhile to sort this out, like over 30 minutes, but I'm slow.

Last edited:
I was about to say I mistakenly put an s on the end of laser, but you already got there. I wasn't sure when I posted that email address, so I qualified it with IIRC and said it was posted earlier in this thread. Sorry, it was my mistake, but it is all good now.

Last edited:
got this a few days ago. from Freeman.
My PM is below the reply.

MagicL520

Join Date Jul 2017 Posts 12
icon1.png
waiting

Len,

trust me, never meant to hold the laser not to ship, in every case we have the available laser already, then we just don't want to meet this delay.
But just now available at the moment, really.
Please be patient. Everybody wants to do business, good business, so we are in hope to work with you by wholesale margin.
But the short of production just not enable us to do so now.

Freeman

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by hakzaw1
ANY UPDATE>?
-its mid July-- I hope you can ship to me soon.

its been TOOO long.

if you want to work with us (aixiz laser and jetlasers)I suggest you send me the best samples you can/have... the version we can place wholesale..

regards--Len

With all the best

Last edited:
Adding to Hakz' response, I messaged my contact yesterday about the status and this was the reponse:

The last development failed, we need more time to do it, i will tell u when we have any update,thx

Best regards
Hiyal