Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

515nm Diodes

Plan B

I keep seeing threads pop up in the veterans sections regarding the new 515nm diodes, but as of yet, no love for the post peasants out here. Common vet guys.... Why so top secret? I know I won't be in the market for one of these in the foreseeable future but I'd still love to see all the details.

ferd19

if anything, i believe it to be a joke. They are probably doing that on purpose making us regular folk anxious believing that they actually have green diodes at hand. :)

blrock

Yes its a joke..... :(

I'm sure in the near future it won't be though

But chances are by this time next year projectors will be using green diodes!

rhd

Maybe this is a dumb question - but how can you see what's going on in the Veterans forum, without the ability to actually get into that forum?

rhd

LOL @ Things:
You made one mistake in that photo - the Ultrafire battery charger's green LED looks yellow in this photo. Changing the hue would have worked, if you had done it to just the beam ;)

Things

LOL @ Things:
You made one mistake in that photo - the Ultrafire battery charger's green LED looks yellow in this photo. Changing the hue would have worked, if you had done it to just the beam ;)

If i had've changed the hue, the paper wouldn't be white, now would it? ;)

HIMNL9

LOL, the worse part is that they really exists ..... Nichia made them, Oxxious SA also, and also Omicron ..... the only problem is that there are too much "zeroes" in the prices. for our wallets :p :D

Plan B

Oh Plan B is part of the 10%... ;)

I hope your referring to me as being part of the "observant enough see the tread in the vets section" 10% and not the "gullible enough to fall for the thread" 10%

It's OK either way, my Mom always told me I was special. :crackup:

Not everyone who has 1000+ posts uses the vet forum heh. Heck. I never even asked for the password. I have nothing to hide from 'low post count' people heh.

I can see the mods having a closed section to discuss forum management, but I never really understood the point of the vets section. Just doesn't seem very conducive to the free exchange of ideas regarding lasers.. which was my understanding of what this forum is about.

Last edited: