Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4W Blue Diode Coming! Single Mode Too !!

rhd

its my laser instinct and paypal that have purchased many lasers under 2 Watts from the price of $280 - $360 why can you build me something OVER 2 WATTS for the price of under $280? ............ Look JT just making small talk. I was mentioned maybe these diodes was pricing from $500 +. 3 builds with totalling $1000 in the last month i have disected. to try to build one unit pushing around 4000 ma. would you like pics?...... this 4 Watt laser is just what i might need so $500, a $1000 would save me a lot of time. thanks. :scared:

Oh, ok. That clears up all of my confusion.

?!?

jakeGT

I don't know what he's trying to tell us!
DJNY..... you devil!

I don't know why you guys are confused. Have none of you ever taken on projects from insane clients?

Here I'll translate:

4 watt Blue? is there a 3watt? 2watt=2000mw=300.00+ 4watt=4000mw=500.00 = great buy considering you get that much more power for only 200.00 more :takeit:

Translation:
-What, 4W 445nm where?
-Is there a 3W?
-2W+ lasers run $300+
-4W for $500 would be great, twice the power for only $200 more.

Completely nonsensical I know but, at least now in english. Don't ask me to translate the rest.

I've had problems with clients who write exactly like that in the past, now I don't take on those projects because I know they are not worth the hassle.

Edit: What you guys think of the new language that's written in, some names, I propose "Stupinglish":)

Last edited:

DJNY

DJNY..... you devil!

I wish I would be :evil:

They would just be able to do it with 2x 447nm diodes like wannaburn, but for the Soraa, we´re still waiting for a reply. I want 2x 4W in the Herc host :wave:

I need more posts too, so I'll post how try2die confused me, even though I knew all along that he was speculating, just like the rest of us.

Sure, writing in more coherent english would be nice, but at least it's easy enough to understand. What if he's not a native English speaker? What if he's a mentally challenged kid who is really interested in lasers?

I like youtube because of the stupid comments, but that's not what LPF is for. Erg! [/rant]

jakeGT

He is a native english speaker. He pm'ed me about his posts, and said basically that he just doesn't really want to hassle with posting a coherent message

Last edited:
I need more posts too, so I'll post how try2die confused me, even though I knew all along that he was speculating, just like the rest of us.

Sure, writing in more coherent english would be nice, but at least it's easy enough to understand. What if he's not a native English speaker? What if he's a mentally challenged kid who is really interested in lasers?

I like youtube because of the stupid comments, but that's not what LPF is for. Erg! [/rant]

Native english speaker or not, considering he lists his location as "beach citys , CA" there is no good reason to use such lackluster language.

I'm not a native speaker, and yet I was able to score consistently above 760 on the english portion of the SATs.

Most people are quite capable of being coherent, if they simply take the time to be coherent.

As for the mental handicap... it's highly unlikely, if he is coherent enough to ramble on, after following this thread, he is certainly capable of writing in a normal manner.

The goal of my "translation" was to show try2die how retarded his post appears, when it can actually be shortened, and convey the same meaning.

He is a native english speaker. He pm'ed me about his posts, and said basically that he just doesn't really want to take the time, and saw no reason to space, use punctuation, use complete sentences, or use paragraphs..

I just don't get that. I tend to write roughly in the same exact way as I speak, and if I see someone speaking like that, I assume they are nuts. Why anyone would want to appear that way:thinking: Oh well. Thanks for the added info though, I appreciate it:beer:

anselm

I think you all should go easy on him.
If his avatar is any indication, it looks like he might be living in a trailer park and maybe
he doesn't have such a good education like most of us nerds here on the forum.
If he is dyslexic, it might be a huge effort for him to write 99% correct english,
even with the help of a spell checker.

Just sayin...

jakeGT

Nah, through pm, he said he doesn't want to hassle with taking time to post a coherent post.
If he can build a laser, (which he claims he has) He should be able to read and write. At least coherently

Last edited:
i pm jake gt
Originally Posted by try2die
cant spell, that's all Ive been using spelling program forgot to on last post, i didn't neg rep you !!! you would have seen it as you know you never got neg rep i can prove it....every one got +rep hoping you guys would kick back a little. I like lasers and micro divices,so whats wrong with that,if you were to meet me, i know you would say im alrigth, im not going to hassel with any one over a key board.....take it easy....dave

Originally Posted by jakeGT
I'm just saying bro, Trying to read your posts, and this PM you just sent me. Is VERY HARD TO DO.

A simple period every once in a while doesn't hurt. And using complete sentences not just....this.... is .....cool.....

Also, Use paragraphs, or something of the sort. I'm just saying, reading your posts makes my head hurt

Originally Posted by try2die
Alright no problem. I am learning . , " all those a little bit every day. I under stand when some thing is bugging to see, it makes my head mad to. Sorry for being a dick in some of my post. I will see you around the forum bro, later.
Ps: was this pm better?
Originally Posted by jakeGT
It was wonderful. I don't try to nit pick or bitch, I was just saying, everyone that tried to read Yoyr previous posts probably had a hard time reading them because it is all just mashed together I'n a big clusterfuck

Sentences, punctuation, and spacing goes along way! I'll see you around the forums brotha