Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nm Lens Comparisons!

Re: 445nm A130 Lens Comparisons!

hey, I just posted this somewhere else but I figure this is the thread-my output looks like this with the aixiz lens, is this normal? My camera exaggerates it a bit, but the spatter is visible up close and the rings are visible at a distance.

Attachments

• CIMG2098.JPG
    CIMG2098.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 184

hey, I just posted this somewhere else but I figure this is the thread-my output looks like this with the aixiz lens, is this normal? My camera exaggerates it a bit, but the spatter is visible up close and the rings are visible at a distance.

Try cleaning it with rubbing alcohol. Maybe take out the spring if your using one.

Try cleaning it with rubbing alcohol. Maybe take out the spring if your using one.
I've cleaned both of the exposed sides with AR safe lens cleaning solution and microfiber. It got rid of some big dust, but not this. And kevin says this is normal, so until I hear otherwise I'll believe him :p also, the wings are not nearly as bad as with the casio lens. With that thing, I bet 50% of the power was thrown to the sides. This thing probably throws less than 5% to the sides. It's a huge improvement! LOTS of burning power :D if you point it at a leaf, you can hear popping and boiling instantly :wave:

rev0

Well I'm not sure if I got the right lens either, just arrived today. It looks completely uncoated, unless it's very subtle or I'm just not looking at it the right way (tried looking with an LED flashlight, normal tungsten light, sunlight):

oa9h5g.jpg

34eq175.jpg

307rz41.jpg

Edit: From the picture posted earlier it looks like I might have gotten the right lens, the coating is just very hard to see.

Last edited:

LED lights are great for this-since they only emit yellow and blue light, it's very easy to see if it has a yellow or blue tint. Reflect a white LED off the lens into your eyes-it should look pretty yellow.

Mine looks like it has no coating too when I looked at it again :|

optimally wouldn't one want to collimate any laser before focus? i'm familiar with telescope optics, this app seems different.

DrSid

Well with pointers, there are usually not multiple adjustable elements. Lens are fixed piece, screwed onto fixed piece with diode. Collimate usually means 'focus to achieve best divergence' in laser language.

I have seemed to run into 2 different 445 lenses, one produces an ugly large splash (a) and the other has a very slight and manageable splash(b).

A) seems to be the 445 lenses that have 2 lenses

B) seems to have 3 lenses inside and is tightened with with a spanner instead of a flat head

Anyone else see these differences in their lenses with 445nm diodes?

jayrob

Yes they seem to vary a little between batches...

But as long as they have the yellowish tint, they are not too bad. What can you really expect for a $10 dollar lens though.

I like the half threaded ones from o-like:
405nm laser /445nm laser collimation lens/glasses lens | eBay

Only problem is, you have to glue your focus adapter/focus ring on there...

Which is why I always just recommend the AixiZ 445 glass lens. (full threaede) Or my 405-G-1...

Last edited:
Well 2 or 3 lenses seems like a larger variation than I would like. Makes big difference with the splash size too.

Which ones do you have currently Jay? The one that you use a flathead to open or the one that takes a spanner tool to open? I like the latter the best.

jayrob

My current batch of AixiZ 445 lenses, have a retaining ring that fits a flat head screw driver...

But I have found better lenses in either type of retaining ring. These cheap lenses seem to vary a bit between batches.

All still very good for the price though! (IMO)