Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1mW 405nm Violet Laser

No Problem man. You found the supplier, so you can choose if you want to tell us or not

robjdixon said:
No Problem man. You found the supplier, so you can choose if you want to tell us or not

Thanks for your understanding robjdixon :)

And to Droyd, thanks for your -1 reputation to me! And your comment -

"greedy bastard wont tell us where to get lasers so he can sell them for profit
the YOU! "

You clearly have an understanding of a person that is trying to start his own business selling these things. I am sorry that I am the only potential re-seller in history that wont advertise the manufactures price before re-sale. This must be a new tactic in business that has not been seen yet.

It also appears that you have read my posts thoroughly. But just to refresh your memory.  Read the 7th post in my thread. What does it say?

"I got it from a manufacture in china. I am considering selling them and other 1mW green, red lasers here in Aus."

I don't think there was anything cryptic about this comment. I'd say the average Joe's interpretation of this would be that I perhaps plan on selling these for a profit as any business person would do. Only a stupid person tells people how much they buy their product for wholesale.  And only a stupid person would sell their product at cost! But if that's how you would run an operation I am sure you'd do very well.

Hi Magel282,
Just found this thread. To help you out on the relative mW's of violet lasers, I could see the beam of my 10mW violet laser, and it could pop a balloon in about 10 seconds when focused. Try shining the laser through a magnifying glass, and putting some electrical tape, dark plastic, etc. on the beam at the smallest spot, to see if it burns anything. You may be surprised!

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
Hi Magel282,
Just found this thread. To help you out on the relative mW's of violet lasers, I could see the beam of my 10mW violet laser, and it could pop a balloon in about 10 seconds when focused. Try shining the laser through a magnifying glass, and putting some electrical tape, dark plastic, etc. on the beam at the smallest spot, to see if it burns anything. You may be surprised!

Thanks for the advise :). Ill give that a try tomorrow. Gotta go to work :(

daguin

Magel282 said:
[quote author=Jimmymcjimthejim link=1235563808/48#50 date=1236045266]Hi Magel282,
Thanks for the advise :). Ill give that a try tomorrow. Gotta go to work :([/quote]

Unfortunately, this kind of thing tells you virtually nothing about a laser's output. There are WAY too many confounding variables for this to have any validity.

The only way to know how much power a laser is putting out is with a laser power meter.

Peace,
dave

I don't understand how you can even see the dot at only 1mW. Are you sure the power is this low, have you even checked it with a power meter?

Just an update on these things. I have received another 405nm 1mW Laser from the manufacture along with a 1mw Green and Red Laser Pointer. This one is going daguin's way for output testing and review. Again still no word on the final price for these.

Heres the pics of the 405nm, its a different look. I think it looks a bit better than the other model I ordered. What do people think? -

42868328.jpg

42002907.jpg

And for anyone interested heres the green and red's -

22601539.jpg

66881918.jpg

C

carulli

I may be interested in a green, if its for the right price that is...
[edit] actually id would like a whole set possibly, i wonder if they are actually 1mw[/edit]

Hi Magel, Just wanted to thank you for the "heads up" on your operation. When the time comes to sell these, if the price is right, I'd be interested in a whole set, 1 each of the RED, GREEN, & BR (violet). Also, while perusing the pics of the driver, the adjustment screw on the 'pot' looks a bit different than what we usually see. All the 'pot screws' I've seen seem to be able to be adjusted by either a 'straight' blade or a 'phillips' blade from a jewelers screwdriver set. The 'pot screws' in the lasers your gonna be selling look like they were made to be adjusted with a 'spanner type' micro-sized wrench/driver, don't they? Although a small 'straight' blade screwdriver would probably work as well.     rob PS, The RED, & GREEN ones have a CNI look to them, don't they ?

phoenix77 said:
Hi Magel, Just wanted to thank you for the "heads up" on your operation. When the time comes to sell these, if the price is right, I'd be interested in a whole set, 1 each of the RED, GREEN, & BR (violet). Also, while perusing the pics of the driver, the adjustment screw on the 'pot' looks a bit different than what we usually see. All the 'pot screws' I've seen seem to be able to be adjusted by either a 'straight' blade or a 'phillips' blade from a jewelers screwdriver set. The 'pot screws' in the lasers your gonna be selling look like they were made to be adjusted with a 'spanner type' micro-sized wrench/driver, don't they? Although a small 'straight' blade screwdriver would probably work as well.     rob
Hey Rob... that Pot on the PCB does adjust with a Flat Blade screwdriver... ;)

Jerry

C

carulli

Xer0 said:
1mW but Class 3b? That's kinda strange...

lol i cant believe i didn't spot that. but whats class CII?

just looked on wikipedia CII could mean:

new system:Class 2
A Class 2 laser is safe because the blink reflex will limit the exposure to no more than 0.25 seconds. It only applies to visible-light lasers (400–700 nm). Class-2 lasers are limited to 1 mW continuous wave, or more if the emission time is less than 0.25 seconds or if the light is not spatially coherent. Intentional suppression of the blink reflex could lead to eye injury. Many laser pointers are class 2.

old system: Class II
The blink reflex of the human eye (aversion response) will prevent eye damage, unless the person deliberately stares into the beam for an extended period. Output power may be up to 1 mW. This class includes only lasers that emit visible light. Some laser pointers are in this category.

Xer0

Here in Germany, Class 3b means "5-500mW" while the weird 3"R" limits 5-100
But in US afaik Classes depend on the Wavelenght too, not only Power :-/

Nevertheless, in both cases 1mW should never be rated more than Class II ;D

Just a theory... foxy supplier builds high power pointers (this would explain the visible beam) but prints 1mW on the label, hoping customs would just believe (i dont think they all have lpm's to hest everytime on hand there, either) but they forgotten to change the class value respectively ;)

Just a theory... foxy supplier builds high power pointers (this would explain the visible beam) but prints 1mW on the label, hoping customs would just believe

After watching my friend deal with his (ahem) *foreign* manufacturer for the last few years, both on his stock items and a product we designed/sold together, that's my guess.
You think they're lying, corrupt cheats now? Wait 'til you actually DEAL with them...

Ok an update. User "Day" has contacted me and it appears we have the same source.

Check out the thread here -

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1234587941

Since he is actually providing these at cost I see no reason in keeping my source a secret anymore. These lasers and many more can be found at -

www.boblaser.com

Edit:

For those still interested in Australia, let me know as ill still be getting these for sale down here to save people money on postage costs ect.