Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

14x Blu-Ray Burners

DTR

I went AWOL for a while so I guess that I missed the quad layered burners. 3.6 or do you mean 3.8? Modules are now commercially available for available for 3.8mm diodes.

Hey, DTR, should I send the $ to your gmail? (check your pm )

HA! you were answering my PM as I was typing. $ for 14x diode test sent.

Got you.:beer:

Perhaps a paypal link could quicken the donation process? Also, if these are outputting a 150mw+ I will be glad to pick up a 3.8 module. Also, weren't those 3.8's 10X's? If so, then if you do find 3.8's, I wouldn't immediately guess on them being the same diode. As a 10-14X on the same diode would be unlikely. Or perhaps I'm completely wrong and should be totally ignored *whistle-blower*

You can't send as gift though a link. No need in this case to feed the pig.:p

I was pretty much saying anything could happen. The only blueray diode that I know of that was not a 5.6mm was the one Dave extracted and it was a 3.6mm oddball.

Last edited:

Got you.:beer:

You can't send as gift though a link. No need in this case to feed the pig.:p

I was pretty much saying anything could happen. The only blueray diode that I know of that was not a 5.6mm was the one Dave extracted and it was a 3.6mm oddball.

Feed the pig?

PM sent!

And alright, good luck with the harvest and murder! :beer:

rhd

I've heard of 3.3mm, and obviously the more common is 3.8mm, but I wonder why they would have gone 3.6?

daguin

It COULD have been a 3.8mm diode with a "flat spot" on the diode

After I found that the new diodes were no better than the SO6J, we didn't look any closer

Peace,
dave

There is New 3.8mm 405nm diodes out i think. I have a couple on the way to me from overseas. Iam not sure if they are just the same as the ones you tested Dave and i just been fouled but we will see. Iam going to send one of them over to a member also so we can compare our results. What Ive been told is they are the next "405nm" diodes we will crave for. But iam not getting Excited yet. After re reading your thread my hopes is their at least the same as that.

Reactions: ped

Hiemal

Well, I can't wait to see the results for these...

Even if it is a smaller canned diode, if they're powerful enough I'm sure some people would make modules for them. 3.8 mm wouldn't be an issue, as we already have aixiz ones made for them.