Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12x Murder Fund! + Graph!

maxh

Re: 12x Murder Fund! (Complete!)

549mw. Just in case it blows too soon. Then I can tell you all I told you so! :D

549mw. Just in case it blows too soon. Then I can tell you all I told you so! :D

This isnt "The Price is Right" LOL

2.jpg

HIMNL9

what kinda ma you think would get you to 550?

Difficult to say, having no previous references ..... but someone have already build some 12X, so maybe they may have an idea about this .....

I guess we will have to wait and see, how long till this experiment gets going? Are we still waiting on the 8x to die?
I know someone has it going at 305 ma, but im not sure what its putting out. Well below 500 mw for sure.

Last edited:

I have my 12X at 305ma... I still have no clue what it's putting out. But depending on the results of this test, I may have it sent off to Mohrenburg to kick up the current, and to get a reading on it since he just got an LPM.

Pleas do, any tips you can give on this build? Im building one and have some questions, check out my 12x build-Is this Right thread pleaz.

drlava

There is a lot of discussion here on what current to test the diodes at, but can I make a suggestion: test the diode at a range of currents. This is the test that I am carrying out right now (should be completed tonight) for a PHR diode for starters. Basically the idea is to test the diode at a current for a period of time, then increase the current slightly, then test for the same period, then increase again, etc. In the end, if the diode degrades like most other BR diodes, it should be possible to construct a degradation vs current or output curve. This may give better information than a single test at a fixed current or output.

I'll let you know how the results look.

Krutz

..to be able to reconstruct the "sweet spot" (output vs lifetime) we first need to know how the diode-characteristics change while dieing.. how many % will it degrade first? how fast does that rate change at the end, does it speed up, does it slow down? does the voltagedrop change? etc etc
once we know how it dies, as well as how increasing current influences (from an experiment like you suggest) we should be able to estimate how to run the diode(s)?

manuel

IgorT

Damn i type a post and it dissapears due to the forum glitch.

Do we have a consensus on what POWER to test for with the 12x?

It's getting a little tight in the Torture Chamber, with two counters, giant heatsinks and sensors, but i managed to cram it all in, so the experiment can begin.

I am uploading the Zero Hour plots of the Double Murder experiment diodes, and pics of the renovated Torture Chamber TM in a bit.

Then i need the final decisions for both diodes, and i can flip the Torture switch to ON.