Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 Mega Watt Pulse Laser Gun in High Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAG

Well, of course the facts aren't straight, that's the nature of viral tech videos. This unit is roughly equivalent to all the other ones I've seen on this forum, except flashier and targeted to set off inexperienced YouTubers. Plus the fools who browse websites like hackaday. Think about KipKay; some tool who posts a bunch of crap on Youtube but construes it in way that sets off all the inexperienced YouTubers. I don't like this kind of thing, I kind of like AnselmoFan, however I don't want to see him end up like KipKay.

Think about the way Wicked Lasers markets their "Arctic". When you're selling products to laymen, that's just how it's done.

TL;DR If you're going to post a tech video... Please don't be a KipKay about it.

Reactions: ARG

ROFL that is awesome.

He doesn't has time to "Waste" to do things that down puff up hes ego.

Explain that to me. Im German.

I am sick of those fights. I said what I had to say, and thats it for me.
Not trying to boost my ego. I dont even own one. I just speak me mind and wont let others piss me off...thats a fact.

Explain that to me. Im German.

I am sick of those fights. I said what I had to say, and thats it for me.
Not trying to boost my ego. I dont even own one. I just speak me mind and wont let others piss me off...thats a fact.

Fights? We're just trying to point out some of the stuff you are obliged to disclose yet failed to do so.

Did you read anything that I wrote?

You obviously have no idea as to the power and danger of the device you've built, and now you're planning to sell more.

There's no safety features on the device itself. Firing involves pressing a button.

There's no safety warning other than 'wear goggles'. Even then goggles will not save you from a direct hit.

You seem to have not a clue as to the damage this laser can cause, even from diffuse reflections. You also seem to have no idea as to the damage it can cause to human flesh.

Not to mention with the capacitor and charging loop you're running it with will cause the Q-switch to degrade and fail VERY quickly.

And what do you do? Put up a video of it KipKay-style, with no safety warnings, nothing.

Speaking your mind is good- but 'speaking your mind' when a member who knows more about solid state lasers than you ever will questions you about a legitimate point is just silly.

Last edited:
Fights? We're just trying to point out some of the stuff you are obliged to disclose yet failed to do so.

Did you read anything that I wrote?

You obviously have no idea as to the power and danger of the device you've built, and now you're planning to sell more.

There's no safety features on the device itself. Firing involves pressing a button.

There's no safety warning other than 'wear goggles'. Even then goggles will not save you from a direct hit.

You seem to have not a clue as to the damage this laser can cause, even from diffuse reflections. You also seem to have no idea as to the damage it can cause to human flesh.

And what do you do? Put up a video of it KipKay-style, with no safety warnings, nothing.

Speaking your mind is good- but 'speaking your mind' when a member who knows more about solid state lasers than you ever will questions you about a legitimate point is just silly.
i indeed must agree that your next made weapon should have some warning signs on it, and maybe a savety feature.

Arayan

I really don't feel like dealing with your wall of text at the moment, but I'll respond to this. The most an SSY-1 can output is in the kilowatt range. The laser rod not a megawatt-class piece of equipment. This is relatively common knowledge.

-Trevor
From a Bob Iannini's book about a YAG laser rod device:
A typical moderately powered system may consist of the following: 500 mfd at 2000 volts = 1000 joules. If the light pump pulse occurs in 5 x 104 secs the pulse power=2 megawatts. A conversion effi ciency of about 0.1% optical output will be a 2000 watt pulse lasting almost a millisec. If, however, we were to Q-switch the above system at a pulse width of 10 nanoseconds, we would produce peak power where 1000 joules at an effi ciency of .1% now produces an output pulse of 100 megawatts. Quite an impressive amount of optical intensity consisting of an equivalent color temperature when considering conventional sources at this bandwidth of astronomical proportions.
I don't have the expertise to judge this but Frothy Chimp said often that Iannini produce good devices...

From a Bob Iannini's book about a YAG laser rod device:

I don't have the expertise to judge this but Frothy Chimp said often that Iannini produce good devices...

Do not forget not all of the input energy is converted to output power.

It takes 15 Joules to get 200 millijoules out.

15 joules in the space of 100ns (the pulse duration of the flashlamp) is 10000000 watts. (10MW)

200 millijoules in the space of 100 nanoseconds is only 200000 watts. (200kW).

Big, big difference there.

@Arayan - Siete uno fortunato proprietario della pistola laser migliore mai fatto. Post some vids of it operating, for the rest of us.

Last edited:

Arayan

Do not forget not all of the input energy is converted to output power.

It takes 15 Joules to get 200 millijoules out.

15 joules in the space of 100ns (the pulse duration of the flashlamp) is 10000000 watts. (10MW)

200 millijoules in the space of 100 nanoseconds is only 200000 watts. (200kW).

Big, big difference there.
Yes yes I know but I posted this because twhite828 said that it's not possible to obtain power in order of megawatts from a YAG laser rod...
Siete uno fortunato proprietario della pistola laser migliore mai fatto. Post some vids of it operating, for the rest of us.
I still do not have it ;)

DJNY

This is a science forum. I´m also interested in the TRUE power :whistle:

Yes yes I know but I posted this because twhite828 said that it's not possible to obtain power in order of megawatts from a YAG laser rod...

I still do not have it ;)

He was referring to the YAG rod used in the laser (the SSY-1 head), not any YAG rod.

YAG rods scale up very high, much higher than 1MW.

anselm

goninanbl00d said:
In the end, the amount of watts being pumped into the lamp may be the same given both options, but using low-voltage capacitors means that the energy takes more time to move through, meaning the pulse length will be higher.
Fixed that for you.:whistle::na:

The rod used in the referred device Class 4 Burning, Cutting Lasers is very similar to the rod in SSY-1 head.

A BDR-S06J is also similar to a GGW-H20L in terms of wavelength and construction.

Are they the same? No.

Remember, Nd:YAG rods will have differences between them. These differences include any impurities in the YAG host, and the concentration of Nd ion doping.

Every rod will be different. Just because they're similar doesn't mean they're the same.

Diodes are all similar. Are they the same? No. Do they behave the same way? No.

Goonie: Never thought 100k kiddies would watch that.
Be sure I do know what I am doing. Dont talk to me likea Daddy...cant stand that.
I wanted to show Arayan what he will get.

And now I am out. Because this right here is like at the laserfreak forum in Germany. Lot of old dudes fighting and yalling. Im done.

yikes, your calling a class IV Qswitched laser a toy?? :wtf:

"toys" like these are going to get lasers classified as weapons and ruin it for everyone :undecided:

let me fix that for him. a "adult" toy. cars can also kill people real fast. just like baseball bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.