Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 Mega Watt Pulse Laser Gun in High Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just too much work. Not acting selfish, but its MY time...I have SEVERAL projects up my sleeve...already started and on hold, because I cant say no to nice fellas like Arayan.

Cant spend hours to make ANOTHER video. Hope you understand.
I will try making more pics and kinda show how its done and what components I need, during fabrication of the next for-sale-gun.
Just noticed, Gizmondo is telling people to make offers... xD thanks GIZ!

I wished we could get ruby laser range finders here in Canada, but no one will export.
Hey I thought we had NAFTA, nahh... only works one way.

dam. Well I guess I won't be making one of these.

A small ruby laser would be cool...indeed. Visible beam...well maybe not. No idea wether you can see them with your naked eye or not! Short pulse....not as efficient as YAG laser...need more energy to start lasing...but still...would be interesting owning one ^^

Its just too much work. Not acting selfish, but its MY time...I have SEVERAL projects up my sleeve...already started and on hold, because I cant say no to nice fellas like Arayan.

Cant spend hours to make ANOTHER video. Hope you understand.
I will try making more pics and kinda show how its done and what components I need, during fabrication of the next for-sale-gun.
Just noticed, Gizmondo is telling people to make offers... xD thanks GIZ!

That would be nice. Just showing how you made the internals and we don't really need/want the details on the outside very much, as I'm sure most of us would make our own look... Thanks I look forward to your pics.

Can this cut through steel?(since its 1MW) What stuff did you use to build it?
I am in love. Can i marry such a gun?
With so much power i dont need a air gun anymore:p

We came to the conclusion: Its maybe 10kW or max 100kW. 1MW was a very "brave" estimation...in the end maybe more stupid than brave. I didnt care, because I had no idea it would end up on Techland (whatever the hell that is), Gizmondo (cant even find it there), HackedGadgets (cheers Alan) and whatnot!

Will have to make SEVERAL more of those, so I will TRY find time making a how-to video. But it wont help you guys. Because the charger itself is a very complicated circuit...laser-heads are DANG expensive... :( know what I mean?

The pulse certainly could be in the 100s of A at 350-400Vdc, that's still 500-800KW range at a very short usec pulse. Capacitors esp. Flash caps are capable of enormous energy release.

Obviously a laser such as this can punch a very small hole in steel plate or a razor blade.
I'd really like to see double the capacitance and see the outcome!

It's a beautiful project!

As long as your buyer is okay with this, I don't care.

I'm glad estimates I make aren't off by factors of 1,000 - though I think I could get more undeserved attention from inexperienced Youtubers if they were. ;)

-Trevor

i, for one, am in talks with anselmo as we speak for a pulse gun. i am new to lasers but experienced enough to understand wavelength and output power thanks to jayrob, jakegt, anselmo, dtr

the bottom line is this ---

no one out on the internet is cranking out the things anselmo is. the iron man gloves.. these pulse guns. his cool little builds.... im going to tell you something also, something like that is so complicated,ridiculous and unknown that there is no point to really worry about measurements why? because there is no point or basis of comparison. i guess anselmo could lay out alll and any specs he has, but what would it mean? its not like you can compare it to plasma guns.com or pulserifleusa.com

als, anselmo could have taken huge advantage of me and gave me a rip off ridiculous price. but when talking to other vets on here and displaying videos to them, they also would ask about specs but realized while it would be nice, its not necessary because it didnt take long to get caught up in how groundbreaking the footage was that we were all sharing and rejoicing in (4 year old on their bday syndrome, i call it.)

anselmo also felt bad i bought an underspec'd arctic and wanted to throw on a 1W 445nm beam into my custom build pulse gun (to double as handheld also) for completely free.

so, honestly, i don't think any specs matter (not to me at least) because even i realize that something like what anselmo is doing requires thousands of dollars of equipment alone probably to even get accurate readings on.

he has a great rep. he told me that for 24 months if there was an issue that he would help me with whatever i needed. he gave me a 6-8 week time slot and asked for half up front when i was ready to go forward. and i will say this, the price he offered me is very reasonable considering the reputation behind the builder, the promise of great customer service and help when need be and the fact remains... i ask.. where the hell else could i get something like that?

(anselmo, you know who i am buddy, and you know the price we agreed upon. ill be on msn again in the next day. mardi gras really kicked my ass.)

lastly, the fact remains. he spent over 100 man hours assembling a gun to look like a friggin rifle from halo dude. halo. its beautiful, gorgeous and a work of art in itself. the added feature of being able to let loose a charge per minute and 20-30 charges before a recharge is a plus to me.

is it beautiful awesome original functional and insanely dope? yes. anselmo is crossing a threshold with selfbuilds that make things so advanced that its like asking someone whether their i7 8 core is at 1.6 or 2.2ghz who cares!

i stepped in because even from my point of view you came off very dickish and you are insinuating anselmo is tossing numbers out there trying to "boost" his e-laser reputation when in actuality he probably did whatever he could to give the most accurate reading.

oh and ps just for the record anselmo is only taking up my project because his favorite band, pantera, is from my home town of new orleans, louisiana. if it wasn't for this, we would have had no common ground to spark up a conversation and therefore i doubt a price or build would have been even agreed upon!

Last edited:
We came to the conclusion: Its maybe 10kW or max 100kW. 1MW was a very "brave" estimation...in the end maybe more stupid than brave. I didnt care, because I had no idea it would end up on Techland (whatever the hell that is), Gizmondo (cant even find it there), HackedGadgets (cheers Alan) and whatnot!

Will have to make SEVERAL more of those, so I will TRY find time making a how-to video. But it wont help you guys. Because the charger itself is a very complicated circuit...laser-heads are DANG expensive... :( know what I mean?

You may be brilliant but know that we have more brilliant people here:)
A howto wouldnt be much use exept a nice watch for me, but for the pro's here it would be useful:)

Maybe they'l even get some cheaper in the future. I seriously love that gun.

Thanks Scott....you make me blush.

Hails to the queen, BUT: THEY....DONT....HAVE...THE VALUES....to calculate anything! Understand?? XD not even damn Tony Stark himself could CALCULATE....everybody has to estimate. And fight over who estimates better.....ridiculous :)

I already expressed my opinion in that topic:)
Photonlexicon is not the pointersloving forum...
They only like heavy projectors.

Yeah we have a similar stupid wiseass forum over here. Laserfreak...I would agree on the freaks. Even if they wouldnt own a laser.

Please tell those apes the following: Where were we, without the out-of-the-box-thinkers? Casting stones, living in caves.

3 hours of mail-answering. I am gettin upset I guess.

DrSid

They are just jealous .. :)
Actually I don't like the laser at all .. the color, the shape .. the add-on lens .. blah .. but sure it's great achievement, and who does not want to have or build SSY based laser ?

i want one...
bah the time and money it needs...i rather have this then a ferrari.
kwijlende-smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.