Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

+1 for ISP

Supposedly we have 100mb.....huh...I'm on wireless right now, when I took that test, I had like 30 tabs open, I'll try now.

wtf...it changed >.<

It'll change constantly, especially with cable. With cable, you're sharing your fiber with several other households that have copper running to them. With fiber-to-your-door like HumanSymphony has, the neighborhood node is shared by a lot fewer houses. Cable is very sensitive to how much data your neighbors are using at that moment.

^My up is still bigger than yours...but that down is quite a number. I assume you're on 802.11n wireless? Since that number is impossible for b or g.
Actually I'm pretty sure my router is G :undecided: My wifi card is "Super G" 108mbs max supposedly.

What are you on 1Gbps or something?

Correction - I'll proceed to shoot myself now.
As far as I am aware I only have 15mbs :undecided: Perhaps Verizon's numbers are true speed?

Actually I'm pretty sure my router is G :undecided: My wifi card is "Super G" 108mbs max supposedly.

As far as I am aware I only have 15mbs :undecided: Perhaps Verizon's numbers are true speed?

54Mbps is the theoretical max for one 802.11g connection...I haven't seen such wireless cards, but that 108Mbps makes it sound like your card can carry 2 simultaneous connections somehow? Pretty sweet, if so.

And if the FiOS is 15MBps (instead of Mbps), that would come to 120 Mbps. Verizon may well be selling in megabytes per second, where that speed test gives its results in megabits per second, and of course there are 8 bits in a byte. Or maybe Verizon hasn't filled up your neighborhood's node yet, and you're benefiting from that until they do? Who knows, really.

Last edited:
54Mbps is the theoretical max for one 802.11g connection...I haven't seen such wireless cards, but that 108Mbps makes it sound like your card can carry 2 simultaneous connections somehow? Pretty sweet, if so.

And if the FiOS is 15MBps (instead of Mbps), that would come to 120 Mbps. Verizon may well be selling in megabytes per second, where that speed test gives its results in megabits per second, and of course there are 8 bits in a byte. Or maybe Verizon hasn't filled up your neighborhood's node yet, and you're benefiting from that until they do? Who knows, really.
Well, whatever's up, it's pretty sweet :D

Quick Symphony ! Start downloading before they fix it!

:crackup:

Seriously, this is something special - how can it even be?

Some sort of direct-to-IPS connection, without any repeaters or something, even so you are exceeding some limits here.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i am using this standard-N adapter:

High Performance Wireless-N Adapter (AE1000)
AE1000_Support,0.png

High Performance Wireless-N Router (E3000)
E3000_Support,0.png

always have 300Mbps connection. Its just satisfying lol. Plus u can attach a USB flash drive or USB hard drive directly to the Wireless AP

My AP goes to an ASA5505 firewall
ASA5505-BUN-K9.jpg

My university connection... fibre optic... and this is all we get :( My home internet is piss weak but hopefully the government will roll out their plan for faster internet connection.

824965131.png

D

Deleted member 8382

@bobhaha: Same in my university
@c0ld: I, for other purposes, have this one:

Alfa-AWUS036H.jpg

It allows me to crack all the APs I want and to access them at huge distances, but it's only G, so 54mbps for me :(

825015549.png

My upload speed is crap, and they already doubled it once, costs like $40/month