Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB 6x cylindrical lens set

I found a reliable source for true 6x cylinder lenses so if anyone is still looking for some maybe we can do a small group buy or something to get the price down. The lenses are still 1 to 2 weeks out and I am still gathering the details about them but will keep posted.

Damn, I answered a question on the previous page and after saving, found myself on another page where it was already answered.... oh, well, I will edit my response to the same; count me in.

Last edited:
How many sets would each of you want?

I wanna get a good idea of how many we need to get a price quote.

Last edited:
How many sets would each of you want?

3 sets.
Earlier you were talking about 40 dollars a set if we could order 100 but even if its 50 dollars I will still buy 3 but I would like to stay 150 dollars total or less., maybe a little more if we have to.
If it ends up being 60-70 dollars a set then I have to go with 2 sets, but I still want them.
Thanks.

Last edited:
3 sets.
Earlier you were talking about 40 dollars a set if we could order 100 but even if its 50 dollars I will still buy 3 but I would like to stay 150 dollars total or less., maybe a little more if we have to.
If it ends up being 60-70 dollars a set then I have to go with 2 sets, but I still want them.
Thanks.

Ditto on all of that for me too, still remote though until Sunday.

Ok I have notified him that we would need ~10 sets. Still waiting for him to get back to me on the details but based on the 4x set he offers I think we should be able to get them for aproximately $50 per set maybe even $40. Just gotta play the waiting game until he has them in stock and gets back to me.

EDIT: Just heard back on their specs. Still waiting on price tho. Here is what he says:

Hey,

Separation distance is just under 35mm, dimensions, the concave is 6mm wide, 12mm high. The convex one is 10mm x 12mm. I am expecting them in 3 weeks from now.

Hope this help.

Those specs look just fine to me definitely be able to work with them. Just glad to finally have access to a decent priced set of 6x Cylindricals. Can't believe more people aren't interested tho considering how simple they are to use and how drastically they improve beam specs. Next we need to find someone like Ehg or another machinist to start making some sweet custom hosts that allow for easy cylindrical integration.

Last edited:
Next we need to find someone like Ehg or another machinist to start making some sweet custom hosts that allow for easy cylindrical integration.

That's exactly what's needed. For those of us that don't have the means to make custom parts (or the funds to experiment by ordering custom parts) that would be the only reasonable way.

All you really need is just a little flat shelf on the front of your host, you could use a drill and self tapping screws from home depot if nothing else.
I have even seen aluminum flat stock and angle stock at home depot too or you can buy from ebay, if you have the will you can find a way.

But most any of the LPF host makers could do you a shelved front host with a slipcover, or you could just build as a projector, portable if you want.

I should post a picture of my corrected NUBM44. I literally used a Popsicle stick and some Home Depot parts that allow me to adjust both the separation distance and the rotation of the lenses since all Cylindricals come with tiny manufacturing defects preventing a flat surface from giving a good rotational alignment. . .

That's exactly what's needed. For those of us that don't have the means to make custom parts (or the funds to experiment by ordering custom parts) that would be the only reasonable way.

Gentlemen...See you now the thread in the BST area.....

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/aluminum-unit-mount-cylindrical-lenses-94918.html

This offering is a unit purposed for use with the Maglite 2 C host.

But....if you have a host....and want to give the LD corrective optics...
Terrawatt Labs may be able to help !!

Hmmmm...a name ??? EZ-CO Mount

See this thread.....
http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/sky-blue-ramjet-build-94646.html

I will do a custom version of this....with a socket designed for any Host unit up to 1 1/2 " ( 38.1mm) OD. I may be able to go larger....NOT sure yet !!!

The Socket will accept your round host output end....and lock on with Nylon set bolts.

Custom design, 6061 Aluminum used. custom machining ....EZ-CO Mount @ $ 89.95 including shipping USA

Lead time 3 weeks !! These things take time to design....then machine.

See attached concept drawing. EZ-CO Mount V3

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:
:eg::eg::eg:

Attachments

• EZ-CO Mount V3.JPG
    EZ-CO Mount V3.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
He got back to me on price for the 6x sets. For 10 pairs they will cost $45 each plus shipping.

Last edited:
Well they are still about 3 weeks out but I will talk to him and see what we can work out so its best for all of us.

Edit: PayPal for sure tho

Last edited: