Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Versus other sellers

Wicked lasers OR other sellers

• Total voters
If you had an infinite amount of cash and time, would you rather purchase from: Wicked Lasers or another seller (custom or retail)
I was just wondering as to what people would rather buy, because I really, really want to get some more and I was wondering what everyone else would get.

:thanks:

:D

Custom builds #1 here at LPF. #2 is LaserGlow... WL really isn't a good choice unless you absolutely 100% HAVE to have their host. Everything else really isn't much of a strong point for them, exception: the Core

DJNY

^their new Spyder III 635nm Inferno seem to be a nice addition >look<
Don´t know if there are currently many other options to buy a corrected high powered 635nm out there.

So it depends.

Depends for example on
-your experience with lasers
-the money you can / are willing to spend
-if you´re looking (only) for power or for a good wavelength collection
-your location, laser regulations, customs, area with air traffic etc.

For a start I would buy 445nm, 660nm, 520nm through the forum / 473nm module from lasever (wonder if they´re still in business) / 532nm from CNI, Jetlasers, Skylasers, Optotronics / 635nm from Wickedlasers or through the forum / 405nm through the forum or from Skylasers / 589nm from CNI

Easy but more expensive option is getting most of these wavelengths / lasers through Laserglow.

Last edited:
The Core is their cheapest laser, and for $50 /£30 its quite expensive. What about the Evo? The iPhone/android controlled one?

ARG

^ Laserglow Anser is better and cheaper. I wouldn't bother with the core unless you can snag it for free with their promotions.

^their new Spyder III 635nm Inferno seem to be a nice addition >look<
Don´t know if there are currently many other options to buy a corrected high powered 635nm out there.

So it depends.

Depends for example on
-your experience with lasers
-the money you can / are willing to spend
-if you´re looking (only) for power or for a good wavelength collection
-your location, laser regulations, customs, area with air traffic etc.

For a start I would buy 445nm, 660nm, 520nm through the forum / 473nm module from lasever (wonder if they´re still in business) / 532nm from CNI, Jetlasers, Skylasers, Optotronics / 635nm from Wickedlasers or through the forum / 405nm through the forum or from Skylasers / 589nm from CNI

Easy but more expensive option is getting most of these wavelengths / lasers through Laserglow.

:drool: Just made this shot...

I like it allot...
8jEemGk.jpg

Last edited:
Wait the 635nm is corrected?? :drool:

It can cook aswell :D

Jeff made me do it.... /me runs and hide.

589nm and arctic with phosforce and red filter infront makes fun :D

I'm having fun with it..... how about you....

P7J16vW.jpg

Last edited:
I....I just wish you would show us pictures of your wiener....

Edit: wait, maybe thats a carrot?

Last edited:
I....I just wish you would show us pictures of your wiener....

Edit: wait, maybe thats a carrot?

Maybe YOU should just shut up ? Instead of talking About "US"

How's that.

Stupid questions get stupid answers.....

Last edited:
Custom built all the way. If money isnt a factor then you can have ridiculous custom made hosts built and drop whatever you darn please in it. 473nm.......not a problem ;)

Custom built all the way. If money isnt a factor then you can have ridiculous custom made hosts built and drop whatever you darn please in it. 473nm.......not a problem ;)

How About à custom build in à spyder III host... Win win situation.

Nope, I am not a fan of WL hosts. They have been copied by half of the Chinese POS sellers so they are nothing special any more. The smart switch is a PIA IMO and its dumb. Never been a WL fan and never will be unless they come out with something unique. Even when they come out with something unique, half the scumbag Chinese sellers will make a copy to begin with. I'd rather a custom machined host that is special to me and unique to me. 99.9% sure no Chinese seller will make a copy of my laser.

BTW the groove is still a way better host IMO than any WL host. Its so classy and beautiful when anodized properly but no scumbag Chinese sellers have copied that so point and case ;)

Doesnt get much s e x i e r than this

Last edited:
@Smeerworst Those shots of the inferno just look EPIC!
Thanks to everyone else for their opinions, but to be honest if im going to get a $500 laser im NOT going to take it apart, as my name suggests, noob. So if I AM going to get one of the WL's, im going to keep it unmodified.

:thanks:

Who said you'd have to take a custom built laser apart? Once my lasera are built the only thing that comes off them is the tailcap for some fresh batteries ;)

NKO29

Yeah, when i buy lasers / make lasers, they are made to stay together. Like WL's hosts, i thermal epoxy EVERYTHING apart from the focus ring and tailcap once i know the laser works. This way heat transfer is better, and if i ever sell it i can know the person hasn't disassembled the laser at any point if it fails.