Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Lunar and Inferno

DJNY

So the Spyder has a corrected beam? That´s interesting :)

Did you measure the power yet?

So the Spyder has a corrected beam? That´s interesting :)

Did you measure the power yet?

Yes it's using correction optics..

lv1MHOB.jpg

QaxEyAR.jpg

GGfhvK4.jpg

Here's a macro shot of the diode itself if anyone is intrested..
Maybe someone recognize it :)

9yEUYGX.jpg

OhpElvc.jpg

Cheers, Sm.

Last edited:
Ragging on WL's marketing is fairly useless I think. I mean, once they start claiming that their lasers are 'forged in the heart of a dying star' or originate from the moon, jumping on them for false advertising seems a bit ridiculous.

Wonder when WL will decide to put out a 520nm laser?

@Smeerwurst I thought I read somewhere (probably the WL site) once that ALL WL DPSSLs are IR filtered?

Ragging on WL's marketing is fairly useless I think. I mean, once they start claiming that their lasers are 'forged in the heart of a dying star' or originate from the moon, jumping on them for false advertising seems a bit ridiculous.

Wonder when WL will decide to put out a 520nm laser?

@Smeerwurst I thought I read somewhere (probably the WL site) once that ALL WL DPSSLs are IR filtered?

Yeah i thought so aswell... gone ask someone over at WL what's with this.

Not bad at all. Do you mind comparing the beam of the red spyder to a 445nm >1W for us to see if it's better or worse?

Is it focusable?

Not bad at all. Do you mind comparing the beam of the red spyder to a 445nm >1W for us to see if it's better or worse?

Is it focusable?

Not focusable.... i believe there's only one lens, and that's the one you see ontop.

BjgDyrn.jpg

Evodfd1.jpg

Mind you... like i said earlier, my beam out of my inferno is not comming out straight .... IE more to the side then in the middle (but it's being worked on) IE getting a new one..

Very simulair to the >2W arctic as you can see, wich is great if you ask me =)
But it could be out of focus aswell ^^

Soon my replacement unit get's here.... beam expander and the lunar.... wich i will make a review of if one would like me to do so.

Last edited:
Pretty good for a 638nm! Maybe WL isn't that bad after all... I'd seriously consider getting one if they were half the current price. Do you figure prices will improve?

I think that thin transparent cylinder glued on the diode is the FAC lens.

I'd like to see the reviews :)

Pretty good for a 638nm! Maybe WL isn't that bad after all... I'd seriously consider getting one if they were half the current price. Do you figure prices will improve?

I think that thin transparent cylinder glued on the diode is the FAC lens.

I'd like to see the reviews :)

I think they hit the nail with this one...

It's the best thing you could get right now with corrected optics.

Price is fair i think couse you get a NCR18650A cell with it , charger... cloth, instruction booklet blue safety goggles with storage case, (wich are good) and up to spec device to start with + corrected beam in a krypton sized host with modes that can help you take good picture's with.
On low mode (approx 300mW) with long exposure is good for night picture's, and with a press of a button you can get up :)

As i recall with other WL devices.. price can only go up...

Will do a review of it once the replacement is here... the lunar should be here by this time aswell... so a double review is in order.
Looking at other YT LPM results the lunar will hit close to 600mW

Last edited:
It is truly surprising that they have corrective optics in it...I wish this meant WL was changing their ways, but I know it doesn't :( Look forward to the review

It is truly surprising that they have corrective optics in it...I wish this meant WL was changing their ways, but I know it doesn't :( Look forward to the review

What's left in what they should change ?

-Lasers are overspec
-Lasers arrive quick
-Good safety goggles
-Quallity 18650 cells

Forgot the most important:

-Good customer service :beer:

Trust me, they have good customer service aswell ;)

Everyone is getting a free expended lens kit ''that have a krypton'' is something you don't call good service ?

Defective laser ? sure can happen .... RMA is there.

Last edited:
Trust me, they have good customer service ;)

Well it's pretty much a miss or hit kind of customer service in my opinion.

I obviously haven't dealt with them, but it seems you either get a response to you're emails or you don't. This is just a minor default that would help the company be #1 :beer:

Well it's pretty much a miss or hit kind of customer service in my opinion.

I obviously haven't dealt with them, but it seems you either get a response to you're emails or you don't. This is just a minor default that would help the company be #1 :beer:

How can you say this when you never dealt with them .... ever ?

I guess reviews don't matter then, sinds people keep there eye's shut no matter what.

Forget about the picture's and results.... :thinking:

Last edited:
How can you say this when you never dealt with them .... ever ?

I guess reviews don't matter then, sinds people keep there eye's shut no matter what.

Forget about the picture's and results.... :thinking:

True. Most reviews can be Bias so it's uncertain how their customer support really was.

I do agree on the other facts you mentioned :D

True. Most reviews can be Bias so it's uncertain how their customer support really was.

I do agree on the other facts you mentioned :D

Most reviews and experience is based on old matterial.

They do change...

Some people just don't want to believe when the facts are out there and keep hanging on to this old matterial.
And it's a shame people that never dealt with them .... ever .... follow this thought. ''talk about biased''

As a unbiased person ^^ you can take my word for it.
The picture's are provided.
But one can alway's have there own opinion... I just don't like the followers that never dealt with them to start with and scream bad bad bad.

Last edited: