Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked has new Lasers

Ash

Even to this day it's not in stock and they still claim it is on their website. And that's just the very start of their issues.
Really? :thinking:
That's not what my eyes tell me. (see attached screencap from 1-minute ago)
in the end it would probably get deleted and people might end up getting bans, so I think it would probably be best not to. Just my 2 cents.
Actually, we here at LPF can honestly review (or bash) whatever company we want (not restricted like the W-laser forums) without fear of ban, as it is our duty to provide honest reviews of companies/people/lasers/etc.
Now bashing a company without provocation is just lame, but in the instance of the Arctic-fail, wicked lasers almost (surely) deserves it.

And for the record, up until the minute I received my Arctic I was upset with Wicked, now that I have it in my hands, I'm no longer upset with them. I will surely order from them again (probably not very soon).

Attachments

• wicked oct24.jpg
    wicked oct24.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

The only quick things that WL did was take my money and would not answer any e-mails or any other type of message and they were quick to cancel my order, that was it.

Will I do business with them again? Probably not.

As the saying goes:
Fool me once shame on you.
Fool me twice shame on me.

I think the official 'GW' quote now is...

1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Bush Fool Me Once Video - Fool Me Bushism Video

wannaburnstuff said:
I don't think WL bashes are acceptable anymore and usually lead to arguments between members and the chance for trolls(other than TJ) to make a nuisance of themselves....in the end it would probably get deleted and people might end up getting bans, so I think it would probably be best not to. Just my 2 cents.

You haven't seen bashing yet. I made a simple statement based on their business practices during my experience with them, if you wanted to see bashing I could show you, but I don't generally find that constructive particularly since this site is in no way affiliated with them it would accomplishing nothing but my venting which I'm sure no one else here really cares to see. And frankly, I got my refund, I'm not waiting on my arctic anymore so I really don't care anymore. That was my only positive experience with them was that they handled the refund quickly, other than that they made just about every mistake possible, live and learn hopefully, but it's too late for them to save me as a customer.

From what I understand WL is supposed to actually have good quality lasers, but I had such a poor experience in my dealings with them that I will never find out first hand as I will never place another order with them again. If I had actually been bashing and venting my posts would have been significantly longer than they were :). I think it's enough to simply say my experiences with them were less than satisfactory and I will never do business with them again.

Last edited:
Can we not turn this into a bash WL thread guys, please?

Sorry for that Prototype. But WL gambled to high in the past.
And now this new "Introductory Offer" feels like derision to me if they really think people will jump on it just the same way as many of us did when we saw that seductive price for the Arctic.

IsaacT

Ah, I misread prototype's post and thought he was asking FOR a bash thread. I was not accusing anyone of bashing. Hope you took no offense WLHostage.

That's pretty much what I was going and to add to that, this is not the other laser forum that if you say something against the company or mention another brand of laser you get banned, here you have freedom of speech. I was not bashing just stating the facts.

When I ordered the posting said it was in stock not on 3 month backorder! They fooled me that time and it won't happen again! :D

Last edited:
Maybe wicked should just change their business model to selling hosts, that is one thing I think most people can agree they do a good job at. :)

DJNY

CNI is building Wickedlaser´s lasers, WL is "only" creating the host drawings and is responsible for the sales (first hand information). So the delay isn´t only Wickedlaser´s fault. I really like their laser designs and I´m glad that they added the shipping date, so let us hope that they have learned through their mistakes.
They were talking about a 589nm some time ago.. hope it becomes true very soon!

Ah, I misread prototype's post and thought he was asking FOR a bash thread. I was not accusing anyone of bashing. Hope you took no offense WLHostage.

No offense taken, I just assumed that comment was pointed at me and wanted to clarify that I wasn't bashing... yet, though certainly capable of it :). Most of my frustration is gone now that I've gotten my refund and moved on to another project. I just think it's important to share my experiences when people post about companies I have done business with (or attempted to at any rate).

DJNY said:
CNI is building Wickedlaser´s lasers, WL is "only" creating the host drawings and is responsible for the sales (first hand information). So the delay isn´t only Wickedlaser´s fault. I really like their laser designs and I´m glad that they added the shipping date, so let us hope that they have learned through their mistakes.
They were talking about a 589nm some time ago.. hope it becomes true very soon!
For most people I don't think it was just the delay. Had they told me there would be a 3 month wait up front I probably would have been ok with that and ordered anyway. It was the constant misleading information or in some cases out right lies that makes me never want to do business with this company.

I think everyone can easily understand they got overwhelmed with the demand. But not updating your customer base with information, and on the rare occasion that you finally do and you outright lie to them, it just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. If they had been straight up front with many things such as "this is a pre-order", "expect a delay of several months", "don't use our saftey glasses" etc... things would have gone over much better. But instead of admitting problems and updating their customer base they blatantly lied to use week after week telling us our lasers were already shipping out when in reality they hadn't shipped a single one other than to review sites.

At the very least the delay was not the issue for me, I still do not have a laser yet, I have ordered a jayrob kit and already the communication is 10x better than what I received at wicked. I'll be getting his about a week later than I would have my Arctic (assuming it actually arrived this time), so I actually lose a week going this route, but I would much rather support someone who IMO has good business practices and won't lie to me over a company who has already lied to me many times. At the very least I have a reasonable chance that Jayrob won't lie to me, where as wicked lasers had already failed that test consistently. Making that switch just made sense to me.

I should also point out that I submitted half a dozen tickets, sent about a dozen emails, and tried contacting them via phone a good 20+ times at various times of the day, and not once did I get a single response to any of my attempts to make contact with them until I submitted my refund request. I also was never able to even sign up on their forums since I could never get the confirmation email despite having used half a dozen different email addresses lol. Anyways, the short version of the story is, their very poor communication is what really turned me away from them. There is more than just that, but that is the primary reason I will never do business with them again.

Last edited:
That is what got me was the e-mails I got from WL. saying 2 weeks! After 2 months of waiting I canceled, the refund was quick.
I am not mad, just happy I am out of it, unlike some that are still hanging on and waiting.
I now I person that got their G1 and it died 2 days later, it took about a week to get a reply and he sent it all back and is waiting for a replacement or a refund.

My LVYI that I ordered on Aug 29th and received yesterday. Thats nowhere near 2 months of waiting and then canceling.

I might eventually order from WL but it will be a long time before I do.

Last edited:
Really? :thinking:
That's not what my eyes tell me. (see attached screencap from 1-minute ago)

Actually, we here at LPF can honestly review (or bash) whatever company we want (not restricted like the W-laser forums) without fear of ban, as it is our duty to provide honest reviews of companies/people/lasers/etc.
Now bashing a company without provocation is just lame, but in the instance of the Arctic-fail, wicked lasers almost (surely) deserves it.

And for the record, up until the minute I received my Arctic I was upset with Wicked, now that I have it in my hands, I'm no longer upset with them. I will surely order from them again (probably not very soon).

The Arctic fail was epic.But the Evo 100mw I got from them in the midst of the Artic debacle was epic...in a good way.3 days to arrive in north carolina, and it is fantastic.I have only purchased 3 lasers from them.a core and 2 evos.And they were all excellent.The reviews of the sample evos they sent members are still up on this site.No one said they sucked...far from it.That being said, I would not rush to buy the latest offerings....I would wait....and avoid delays and other horrors.
As far as I can tell the Evo 2 Fusion and the core are solid.I cannot speak to the others.
Just my 2 cents.

Man, I ordered an E1 Fusion (5mW core) AUGUST 25! I'm still waiting - big surprise... NOT!
A few weeks ago I was told it would ship "in a few weeks" around Sept 13th... it still hasn't shipped.

Sponge

New introductory offer, you get THREE E2 lasers, all different colors at 50mW. So thats 405nm, 532nm, 650nm, all for $99.90, all in that very good looking WL host. I'll be damned if that isn't a good deal. And if you don't care much about the lasers, you get 3 E2 hosts for 100 bucks, and 3 spare laser modules for whatever project!

IsaacT

New introductory offer, you get THREE E2 lasers, all different colors at 50mW. So thats 405nm, 532nm, 650nm, all for $99.90, all in that very good looking WL host. I'll be damned if that isn't a good deal. And if you don't care much about the lasers, you get 3 E2 hosts for 100 bucks, and 3 spare laser modules for whatever project!

Could you post a link to this introductory offer you are talking about? I cannot seem to find it on their site but then again I don't shop there ;)

IsaacT

Hmm....methinks they are trying to win back some of their customers.....assuming they know about the concept of customers of course :p

I'll Pass on this offer. Not much of a deal
deal.gif
if You don't get the lasers in a timely manner