Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why o-like, rayfoss and many other Chinese sites are down

Now that's sad. A company that cannot reach its clients is a dead company. I'm afraid that if internet ever comes back to this region of China, I doubt we'll see Rayfoss and o-Like come back... if they can't make a living, they'll simply disappear. :(

- Robert

Now that's sad. A company that cannot reach its clients is a dead company. I'm afraid that if internet ever comes back to this region of China, I doubt we'll see Rayfoss and o-Like come back... if they can't make a living, they'll simply disappear. :(

- Robert

i completely agree. i mean, what are you gonna do if a customer needs help "me" and they are nowhere to be found. it just makes it harder for us.

HELL NO!
I don't want O-like go away... I had done such nice business with Susie and all, they are always trying to communicate with customers and helping them if neccessary, it is not strictly professional chat over MSN, you are always free to ask about availability, about other possibilities, suggestions...

Such companies are needed in this hobby, where would I be getting my 9mm diode housings if it weren't for O-like?

BTW, yeah I suggested to Susie they start selling those 9mm housings normally, they are $4.00 without lens, plastic lens are $1.00 and glass lens for red $4.00, shipping $2.00.
Beat that.

Ymerej

maybe rayfoss and o-like should move to HK or Wuhan...been wanting to see their sites for some time now to see what they have to offer cause of the good reviews i've been reading regarding those 2 companies :D

you guys have a lot of misunderstanding about the down of rayfoss, olike.
they are down because the choose a bad host company.
xinnet is a host company in Beijing China. it has nothing to do with xinjiang.
and in fact, china is more like a capilalist country instead of communist country now.
as a company in China, laserlands.com don't suffer constant problems of website down. because we choose a good host company.
In fact, we are in Wuhan, the center part of China:)) now express trains are on its way. transportation is more rapid than ever.

China is headed for troubled times. It is pushing too hard against it's own people. The current young generation are very smart and see right through all of the lies and propaganda that is being fed to them.
It's only time before they have no choice but to revolt.

I agree, my thoughts exactly.

Thanks for the link, EF. I knew they censored lots of things but I never knew they'd taken their internet away.

Grix

you guys have a lot of misunderstanding about the down of rayfoss, olike.
they are down because the choose a bad host company.
xinnet is a host company in Beijing China. it has nothing to do with xinjiang.
and in fact, china is more like a capilalist country instead of communist country now.
as a company in China, laserlands.com don't suffer constant problems of website down. because we choose a good host company.
In fact, we are in Wuhan, the center part of China:)) now express trains are on its way. transportation is more rapid than ever.

Thanka for clearing that up. Still pretty horrible whats going on in the xinjiang region.

as a one of millions of young persons well educated in China. i have to say. you don't know China though you guys think you do. i don't like talking politics, but a lot of countries has single-side communication system. do you know why so many overseas students protest CNN. because they really didn't tell the truth. do you really think they are brained washed by lies and propaganda? no, kids grown up since 1980s eat McDonld and KFC, drink pop, cola, play warcraft, read english magazines, interested in internet like you. the logic in many people's mind is China is a communist country, then all about it is wrong. do you know no country can escape globalization and market economy. Chinese people not live in depth of misery, in fact they are creating new prosperity for themselves and for the world. in 1970s, China was the poorest and most troubled nation in the world, now it is completely different during the 30 yrs. i can say the laser you have, over 90% are from China. it has been creating wonders i think. communist is just a name. what they are doing is developing, raising living standard, making money, enjoying life:yh:
come to China and have a look by yourself, you may find a lot different from your expectations:yh:
Merry the Laser Girl:):angel:

Last edited:

Asherz

Yea there has been a lot of speculating on this thread, we can't just assume we know everything about the country after reading one news report.

It may just be that they are updating there sites, or the hosting company is having problems. Although I can't see why Susie wouldn't try and post here under sandstone, then again I guess we are a small percentage of her customers :)

D

Deleted member 8382

There's people who hear "communism" and run away. China is not THAT bad!

Asherz

There site (olike) seems to be up, but with nothing on it, it would appear that they are re-installing Zencart or something.

picture5ml.png

edit: evil post count lol

Trevor

China is headed for troubled times. It is pushing too hard against it's own people. The current young generation are very smart and see right through all of the lies and propaganda that is being fed to them.
It's only time before they have no choice but to revolt.

And when that happens the world will be a very different place.

On-topic, hope this blackout gets lifted soon...

-Trevor

as a one of millions of young persons well educated in China. i have to say. you don't know China though you guys think you do. i don't like talking politics, but a lot of countries has single-side communication system. do you know why so many overseas students protest CNN. because they really didn't tell the truth. do you really think they are brained washed by lies and propaganda? no, kids grown up since 1980s eat McDonld and KFC, drink pop, cola, play warcraft, read english magazines, interested in internet like you. the logic in many people's mind is China is a communist country, then all about it is wrong. do you know no country can escape globalization and market economy. Chinese people not live in depth of misery, in fact they are creating new prosperity for themselves and for the world. in 1970s, China was the poorest and most troubled nation in the world, now it is completely different during the 30 yrs. i can say the laser you have, over 90% are from China. it has been creating wonders i think. communist is just a name. what they are doing is developing, raising living standard, making money, enjoying life:yh:
come to China and have a look by yourself, you may find a lot different from your expectations:yh:
Merry the Laser Girl:):angel:

First of all, let me say that any speculation here is not aimed at the Chinese people, but rather the Chinese government.

No one's saying anything that isn't clearly stated in the original article. Perhaps the reason for o-like and rayfoss disappearance has nothing to do with the issues described in the article (no one else offered any explanation, not even the businesses in question), but no one will EVER be able to sell me on the idea that China treats their population fairly.

For all those who died at Tienanmen, whose deaths the Chinese government refuses to acknowledge, it is imperative that the World never forget. The Chinese government hasn't changed at all, they've merely changed the face they show the world.

And that's all the politics I'll be talking...

Last edited:
Dx is in the heart of Hong Kong and their selling still?:thinking:.

Their forum only states Chinese New Year kinda like an extended vacation thats mandatory for everyone. Not saying that thats the reason maybe just leanding itself to it.

Last edited: