Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

why no 2.2A 16.8mm round driver

Alright. That's fine with me! Although I don't usually sell them myself (unless no one wants to retail them).

IsaacT

Pretty soon I think we will see some new laser stores pop up. But for right now, I have a feeling that we will be stuck buying from the individuals who create them.

benmwv

Yeah wbs you can put me down but I also usually sell though a reseller.

Wolf you think I should put a low pass filter on that FB trace right before it reaches the ic? I can make a 1khz cutoff low pass right on the bottom of the board from 0402 so it wont affect the battery.

I have absolutely no idea :\ I would have to do some hands-on testing with a scope!

Garoq

Yes I do. It's just sold out at CajunLasers. I think I will start selling them on my own if SurvivalLasers doesn't pick them up. I also have a round and rectangular low-dropout linear driver.

I'm interested in carrying yours and Ben's drivers, as soon as we agree to prices and stuff. ;)

The drivers are expensive because I only had a very small number produced so far. I plan to have a larger quantity of these made and available at a reasonable price ASAP.

BTW these drivers are currently adjustable in the range of about 1.6 to 2.3A. They are in fact 16.8mm in diameter and fit a C6-style brass ring. If there is interest I will make them available in two or more ranges that will cover a wider spectrum of mA capability.

Garoq that's good news. You should make more drivers available if possible, I am sure there would be interest, now is a good time since we just lost two of the main sources of drivers.

Alan

Garoq

Garoq that's good news. You should make more drivers available if possible, I am sure there would be interest, now is a good time since we just lost two of the main sources of drivers.

Alan

I am currently in negotiations with two LPF driver manufacturers and hope to have some good news to report soon.

I'll be on the lookout for these. I really like the idea of round drivers as well. :)

Subbed, and awaiting good news. Ben, Wolf, Garoq, and Will +1. Thanks a lot for making this all come together so fast.

Garoq

Subbed, and awaiting good news. Ben, Wolf, Garoq, and Will +1. Thanks a lot for making this all come together so fast.

Thanks, I should be placing an order very soon but it appears there will be a lead time of several weeks for the drivers to be produced.

Unfortuantely, PCB manufacturing on the cheap (makes these boards affordable for ya'll) means that you have to use LaenPCB at OSHA Park, which means 2-3 week lead time.

Agreed, can we get some pre-sale action going on for packs of these or something? Lol. :D

Well, the only person interested in selling these are Garoq, and he won't buy until the ripple currenat when the set current at ~200mA is <10mA. If someone was interested in stocking the high-current boards, or if Garoq is interested in just the high current boards, then they should be ready in a few weeks. The rectangular ones will be ready sooner though.

Garoq

Update: Wolfman will be producing a batch of 16.8mm diameter V4 BlitzBucks adjustable from 1-3A that we should have in stock in about 3-4 weeks if all goes as planned. :)