Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why do you think Wicked Lasers is such a bad company?

The issue is that people are not helping out in those ''terrible experience'' . ''Forum'' questions.

When it's just a simple normal opperation issue. (anno 2014)

it's going all back to crap this and that, instead of helping out..., what you get is ''don't buy from'' etc.. etc..

So help them then. You seem to know a fair bit about them and have a massive collection, get out there and help people. You certainly reply quick enough to this, but the aforementioned thread about the light leakage didn't get a bite. Live up to your words and mean it.

But things are getting to retarded from people posting about WL (as this is the topic trencheel303)

I hate to break it to you but WL are a company, not a person with feelings. They don't get hurt when someone talks shit, and they don't need defending on every corner.

So help them then. You seem to know a fair bit about them and have a massive collection, get out there and help people. You certainly reply quick enough to this, but the aforementioned thread about the light leakage didn't get a bite. Live up to your words and mean it.
You have no idea do you ... i've allready mentioned this earlier to someone with the same question... and did the same in this topic aswell....

What do you get ? a flame war..

I hate to break it to you but WL are a company, not a person with feelings. They don't get hurt when someone talks shit, and they don't need defending on every corner.

I know a few persons , as most others would have the chance too, if they contacted WL for any issues.... confersations are nice and believe me, they have feelings... and most are US based persons with the same passion ''lasers''. good times :) nice chatting with them.

Last edited:
You have no idea do you ... i've allready mentioned this earlier to someone with the same question... and did the same in this topic aswell....

I think you need to learn how to forum, because currently your attempts are falling flat on their face. The only posts you've made in this thread are those beginning 6 hours ago when you tried to divert the focus of the topic onto something completely different. As for helping others earlier with the same question, I don't know how far back "earlier" extends but I looked through your posts and for this month didn't see you dishing out any WL advice, nor have you posted anything on the aforementioned thread NOR have you posted any advice in this thread. So the ONLY thing you've done is whine about how much you dislike people being pissed off with them, as if it's personal to you. How odd!

Trust me, i've talked to people @ WL personal, and they quite do take things serious when something bad happens, but sinds most are dwelling in the past ...
Yes LPf orientated.

I don't quite know what you're getting at (or that I even believe this) but right now the fact that you seem to be in bed with WL is both disturbing and suspect.

I really do have nothing more to say on the matter, your posts throughout this thread say volumes about you. I even showed evidence way earlier on that they lie about their products (re yellow laser, page 1) - I suppose you'll try and talk your way out of that one too on their behalf.

Bizarre.

Last edited:
I think you need to learn how to forum, because currently your attempts are falling flat on their face.
How's that ?
So you are saying you believe the rest over someone that actually owns there latest models ?

The only posts you've made in this thread are those beginning 6 hours ago when you tried to divert the focus of the topic onto something completely different. As for helping others earlier with the same question, I don't know how far back "earlier" extends but I looked through your posts and for this month didn't see you dishing out any WL advice, nor have you posted anything on the aforementioned thread NOR have you posted any advice in this thread. So the ONLY thing you've done is whine about how much you dislike people being pissed off with them, as if it's personal to you. How odd!

I'm not sure if you have followed the right person , but hey ... let's keep it simple ..... i never made a WL review of any of the lasers i own except a few photo's when necassery.....
It's becouse this forum ''people like you, yes!'' is so full of hate, that made me not donate any hundreds of dollars anymore (donated over 1000$) or write a review couse all i read is bad things about a company that i like to collect aswell.
So i keep quiet, and post on topics about Wl now and then, about how they have changed ''bassicly''
(and this is with forums help -ebay, craigslist), non WL related.
The thing is that i know what i have from them, and that others are just living in the past... no matter what one would say or proof ,, you will get ''They must have overdriven it''

I don't quite know what you're getting at (or that I even believe this) but right now the fact that you seem to be in bed with WL is both disturbing and suspect
There's a big difference between a fanboy, and a collector that has the latest of them aswell, knowing what it outputs.
Like i said ... i have nothing more with Wl then any other person could do or have done....
All i'm saying is that the lasers i got, are on spec ...
And believe me i don't get them classics for free if that's what you are implying too. (you sound jelous) $$$$$$$$$

I really do have nothing more to say on the matter, your posts throughout this thread say volumes about you. I even showed evidence way earlier on that they lie about their products (re yellow laser, page 1) - I suppose you'll try and talk your way out of that one too on their behalf.

Non on there behalf , but what i do know is that i own a E2 593.2nm laser and that i made a pic of a S3 laser on day with a PGL III C laser shining to the apperture of one.

That's my truth, where is yours ?
Or are you just gone speculate like the others more ?

I just h8 the lies, and you are contributing to it once more... to a person that is just a collector and friendly to company's and person's on LPF.....

You people are killing it for collectors!

''Laser pointer forums - discuss laser pointers and laser technology. Read and write laser pointer reviews. Freely discuss companies that sell laser pointers. ''

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you have followed the right person , but hey ... let's keep it simple ..... i never made a WL review of any of the lasers i own except a few photo's when necassery.....

Yes, I got the right person, and I was referring to your earlier post when you claimed you'd helped people recently with WL problems, and that you'd posted solutions to the problems in this thread. You hadn't done either of those things. I will now quote this to you as you appear to be incapable of recalling what you've typed.

this has nothing to do with reviews either.

It's becouse this forum ''people like you, yes!'' is so full of hate, that made me not donate any hundreds of dollars anymore (donated over 1000$) or write a review couse all i read is bad things about a company that i like to collect aswell.

Again, you appear to be taking the fact that some people don't like WL very personally, as if it affects you directly. Does it affect you directly? Are your views so rigid because you're actually employed by WL as a shill? Also, playing the victim card and making out that some members' views are directly responsible for your lack of donation (and implied negative effect to the forum henceforth) is really not a clever move and will not gain you the credibility you seek to get.

And believe me i don't get them classics for free if that's what you are implying too. (you sound jelous) $$$$$$$$$

Oh please, I honestly don't know where you get these ideas from.

I just h8 the lies, and you are contributing to it once more...

At the risk of repeating myself, a company which sells a laser marked as one wavelength but is actually fitted with another, is indeed a lie. Unfortunately for you I am not the one that is lying. And as for the inevitably incoming "but it's in the past" argument, which is frankly not an argument but a crass attempt at a cop out, have WL issued any formal apologies for misleading customers? Don't think so.

''Laser pointer forums - discuss laser pointers and laser technology. Read and write laser pointer reviews. Freely discuss companies that sell laser pointers. ''

I don't know why you put this here to be honest. Freely discussing the company is exactly what I am trying to do, despite your repeated attempts to stifle the discussion and smokescreen the facts; so thanks for highlighting, circling and underlining your own belligerence.

So with all that said, yes - you really do need to "learn to forum", because as things currently stand you can't even defend your own point properly. Frankly it's getting embarrassing.

Last edited:
Yes, I got the right person, and I was referring to your earlier post when you claimed you'd helped people recently with WL problems and that you'd posted solutions to the problems in this thread. You hadn't done either of those things. I will now quote this to you as you appear to be incapable of recalling what you've typed.
you are correct :) .... not in this thread but in many others without claiming anything, just pure self experience...

Again, you appear to be taking the fact that some people don't like WL very personally, as if it affects you directly. Does it affect you directly?

No it doesn't affect me directly, but i do think most people that visit and don't want to speak out, are thinking:

Some people don't like WL based on what ?.. 39 reasons by a banned member.

Battery exploding ? (old) You get a nice Panasonic green cell)
Saftey goggles ? (on par with LG OD7)
Arctic 700mW ? (now day's it's + with every single version)
Shipping ? (lol, faster then the Arctic fiasco back in the day's) Faster then my money spend on the many many project on LPF. (patience yes|? wanne talk patience ? ... you don't hear me about this aswell''

I'm not deffendinng .... i just like people to read present day facts instead of old matterial ....

Is it that hard to understand ? (or is there some sort of secret society that everyone follows) better watch out couse it might pinch back.

It feels like this forum is about DIY more nowday's when we all know this is allready a fact with every single other hobby one might have.
But let's not make false speculatons about a simple handheld laser that has all the modes and options one beginner might like, all incluced.

Last edited:
I'm VERY new here, but I understand this is an emotionally charged issue. The only thing I can do is recount my personal experience. I ordered an Arctic 2W+ from WL, and it arrived 3 weeks later. It is as I expected. No complaints. I sent 6 different emails to customer support and each one was answered within 24 hours with the information I requested. Yes, the price tag is high, but the build seems to be solid, and the beam seems to be coaxial to the host. If I can trust the power output graph supplied by them, it's kicking out around 2300 mW peak. Many claim their beam expander and PhosForce attachments are pretty crappy, but I can't address that since I own neither.

IWIRE

I personally feel it is great news WL has picked up their game and have been taking care of their customers better. Like them or not, when it comes to Google searches they are kind of like this place. You can't search for something laser without them popping up.

This is a great place to share info and increase the size of our worldwide laser research lab, better known as LPF. If someone who is interested in a laser finds WL, wants to enjoy their new hobby in a safe responsible manner and finds this place. That's a win/win.

The information we share needs to be as accurate as we can make it in order to progress. From viewing their website now, and from the customer responses lately. It sounds like we are trying to set up a new diode with a previous diodes data and can't figure out why the output doesn't match the specs. YMMV

I'm on smeer's side for this too. Frankly I haven't heard of a serious problem with WL lately, yes here and there you will find some of WL's products having an issue or two, but which company doesn't have that? Especially with the volume WL handles nowadays, I don't think anything is out of line with WL.

Now in the past is a different story, 2010 was a fiasco, plain and simple. 2011 was only moderately better, as WL was busy sending free stuff to all the customers who persevered with WL. 2012 and onwards, I don't see much of a problem.

It all comes down to this: do what you want to do. If you like WL, then buy their products. LaserGlow's prices are a good fortune higher than WL and frankly I haven't had perfect experiences with them (0 for 2 actually...), yet I believe WL has fully compensated my frustration with them back in 2010 with the Arctic craze (I have gotten well enough free stuff, how's a 1W Krypton, Torch, 593.5nm, the list goes on too...). I know many of the staff at WL quite well, and I can say most of them DO have feelings. I'm not affiliated with WL at all, just chatting with customer service can get you quite acquainted over time. Most WL staff hated their jobs in 2010, day in day out complaints really. Who wouldn't hate a job like that? I haven't heard much complaints about their customer service nowadays, they've really streamlined it and stepped up their game, just like they did in 2007-2009.

Stick to the facts, and stay objective in your reviews. That's all we need here at LPF, everything else will click together since it's all ultimately your personal decision whether or not to buy from one company or another.

PS: and yes, I don't usually say much if I have a smooth order, I only post about it when something goes wrong... there's definitely a skew just citing all of the negative posts about a company's products

I would even go so far to say that this thread's title should be "Why do you think WL brings such controversy at LPF", because I simply and honestly don't think they're a bad company :whistle: perhaps not the most reliable, but I wouldn't have a qualm buying a product from them right now

Last edited:

IWIRE

I would even go so far to say that this thread's title should be "Why do you think WL brings such controversy at LPF"

I'm starting to figure out the answer to that question. It appears LPF is actually two separate entities combined into one forum. There is the LPF side where people want to learn, share and advance.
Then there is the LEF side, the laser ego farm. That's the side where they already know everything there is to know and if we do anything different from them, we are a bunch of idiots. :crackup:

This is a great place to share info and increase the size of our worldwide laser research lab, better known as LPF. If someone who is interested in a laser finds WL, wants to enjoy their new hobby in a safe responsible manner and finds this place. That's a win/win.

I find this to be very true. When I started to search a little while back on recent laser diodes and found WL I considered buying from them. Since I always try to do extensive research before buying anything that research lead me here of which I'm very grateful for finding LPF!

I didn't end up buying from WL so I have nothing good or bad to say about them but if their existence leads people here that is a true positive effect they have whether intended or not!

:beer:

I like the beam corrected 635 but I won't be considering buying it until I see true evidence the company are in good standing over a long enough period to make me satisfied. At the moment I don't see that. One avid collector and a few suspect brand new members singing their praises isn't enough for me. If that makes me part of a "laser ego farm" for being a cautious buyer, then it's a title I'll be happy to wear.

Last edited:

IWIRE

I like the beam corrected 635 but I won't be considering buying it until I see true evidence the company are in good standing over a long enough period to make me satisfied. At the moment I don't see that. One avid collector and a few suspect brand new members singing their praises isn't enough for me. If that makes me part of a "laser ego farm" for being a cautious buyer, then it's a title I'll be happy to wear.
Nope, that makes perfect sense. I'm doing the same thing. A few months ago I swore I would never buy from them. Now I'm starting to hear favorable things about them. Like you said, time will tell.
Companies satisfaction index seem to rise and fall. Some seem to be consistent. Hopefully they are on the right track now.
I really want that Torch flashlight they sell . I've wanted it for awhile but I'll be damned if I give a company any money that screws people around.
It's easier to keep a customers trust than it is to regain it. :beer:

OK. I've waited long enough for this flashlight. I'm glad I refused to buy it before, now you can get it with a bigger battery :)
Time starts now. According to their site, since I paid for expedited shipping the longest it should take for me to have it in my hand is three weeks. I ordered the Torch with the big battery. Lets see how long it takes for me to receive it and what I actually get. I'll edit this post the day I get it or within a day. I'll even post a pic of it, maybe, if I get it :)

Last edited:

DJNY

I don´t want to go in detail what Wickedlasers did wrong in the past. But here is a short sum up from my point of view.

My personal experiences were waiting 6 months for a laser (Arctic), receiving it underspec (680mW instead the claimed 1W), getting VERY BAD "safety glasses" (OD1+)with it, was promised getting a coupon code (never got it, even after asking for it several times), ordered one two of their newer lasers (the order was cancelled after 6 weeks without telling me as they didn´t produce the laser, just listed them - but I got my money back).

There was the time before the Arctic craze. They sold their lasers for extremly high prices. Quality control was poor, but mostly OK. There lower powered lasers, especially the 5mW 532nm Core, were very popular. Wickedlasers designed the laser hosts, CNI built the laser in them. Back in 2011 they cancelled their partnership.

When selling there Arctics, they produced ruthless advertising. They sold the Arctic in regardless of the consequences. Tried to show that a Class IV laser is just a cool toy everybody needs. No word about safety at this time. Their Facebook group exploded showing kids posting very dangerous pictures with their Arctics. So Wickedlasers created the feeling that also kids need the Arctic to be as cool as their peers. Also reading the comments in this Facebook group gave me and many others a headache.

Wickedlaser seem to care more about safety now. They also invested their partially dirty cash in better customer service.

What I do like about them (and always did), is their collection of nicely designed hosts :)

IWIRE

They do have some cool hosts ! I didn't think I would ever get one, but if they send me my flashlight in a timely manner and it is as stated. I might have to rethink that too.
I can sure understand after all that not being a satisfied customer.
I hope I see my flashlight someday. I've wanted it a long time. :crackup:

I just got an Email from them, said it should ship out in three business days. If that's true by Wednesday at midnight it should be heading my way.

Last edited:
I would think you will receive your flashlight, but yes, time will tell...

And yes especially with WL as proof, it's much easier to keep your trust to begin with than to spend years hammering out distrust that still circulates in forums and old reviews...

Last edited: