Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

White Fusion Time Machine's are coming

AnthoT

Thats really cool. I've never even seen a white dot from a laser before! Love the patterns too!
Nice work :beer:
+1

-Anthony

Last edited:

Things are moving along, a bit slower than I would like partially because I have decide to make a few changes for the better, like 10 turn pot's for the speed controls.
I'm still getting samples of different ones trying them out to see which is best for the job, more are on the way here now.

I found some new and smaller AR coated optic windows and have just installed the first one, I like the look much better ;)

The old window's I used were 47mm and really too big, the new windows are 31mm and seem to be big enough.

I am using a very expensive epoxy for the window attachment and have got my dispensing under control so they are going to look pretty good I think.

Here's a few pictures of the new window, what do you think ?

This hi tech epoxy is made for plastic and glass :)

A little tribute to our friends in the Great White north :p

up front

I was thinking of putting a bead on the inside but I think it would be over kill

Now it's on to electronics, I'll just get a few plugs and a few wires in there and we'll have some WFTM's :D

Thanks for looking, feel free to make comments :)

Last edited:
While I'm anxious like many others I'm sure, take your time making them right Jeff. This is definitely better in the long run ;) :beer:

Last edited:
Very nice, and clean look.

Do take your time with them, seems like they only get better and better:)

I might as well say it now, I have plans to offer the WFTM with a wired remote for all the controls.

It's not going to be either or, you will have to order a WFTM with the controls on the WFTM or you will have to order the remote model.
The remote model will only have a power jack and the remote jack on the case.

This is in the works now and I am sourcing parts for the first one to see if I have all the right parts.

What this mod will do is allow you to mount your WFTM on a tripod at up to 6 feet away and still have control of everything.

if for instance you want it farther away all that will be needed is an extension cord to plug in the remote.

I have found while it is fun to hold the unit and point it all over the room after a couple hours you might want to put it on the tripod :crackup:

And it will be more than a couple hours, that's where the second part of the name comes in :rolleyes:

There is also plans in the works for some kind of tripod mount to either attach to the case or be built into the case.

Later...

Joe Mo

I might as well say it now, I have plans to offer the WFTM with a wired remote for all the controls.

It's not going to be either or, you will have to order a WFTM with the controls on the WFTM or you will have to order the remote model.
The remote model will only have a power jack and the remote jack on the case.

This is in the works now and I am sourcing parts for the first one to see if I have all the right parts.

What this mod will do is allow you to mount your WFTM on a tripod at up to 6 feet away and still have control of everything.

if for instance you want it farther away all that will be needed is an extension cord to plug in the remote.

I have found while it is fun to hold the unit and point it all over the room after a couple hours you might want to put it on the tripod :crackup:

And it will be more than a couple hours, that's where the second part of the name comes in :rolleyes:

There is also plans in the works for some kind of tripod mount to either attach to the case or be built into the case.

Later...

Oh buy, this is just getting better every day!

Joe Mo

I smell an xzibit meme, give me a few hours till I get to a computer. :)

Joe

I should have a remote version ready by the end of the week if the parts get here tomorrow or the next day.

Some more parts came in yesterday so I got the first remote unit assembled now it needs to be wired and it will be ready.

These will become available soon, of course though the WFTM must be "either or" at this time, either direct control or
remote control but not both at this time any way.

It comes with a 6 foot cord attached this is plenty for mounting your WFTM on a tripod and sitting back in your easy
chair and going through the patterns for a couple hours with out the arm ache of trying to hold it and keep
the beams on the wall in the same place.

You will be there for hours if your not disturbed :crackup: so you might want to think about this mod.

If you feel you need like 20 more feet I can supply a WFTM remote extension cable at a reasonable cost.

Last edited:

rhd

Hey,

Where do you source those acrylic boxes from?

Would be great for my PortaHeNe :)

They are looking great Jeff. You are the man. I still want to see some videos.