Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which languages do you speak?

How many languages do you know?

• Total voters

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I was just curious to see what languages are spoken by the members here on LPF. Obviously there are too many languages to have on the poll, so post below what languages you know after voting in the poll. :D

Also, if you want, post what language/s you would like to learn if given the chance. :D

I can speak English, French, Spanish, and Arabic. I can speak some Farsi, Turkish, and Indonesian but not going to count those because I'm not very good, just basic conversational. As for learning more? Just improve my skills in the ones I know for now.

Last edited:

English, Japanese and Korean. Almost tri-lingual now.
Also a little French, though reading and listening is easy.

English.

I've decided that I'm content not wanting to learn any other language on account of not wanting to put effort into it. It'd be nice, of course, to already know a language, but that's kind of like anything that involves effort. So I just spend my time learning more for my core language.

Roam

I'm fluent in English, Persian, French. Plus smatterings of Java and C++ in case they count lol!

Croatian, English, and C#.

I've heard that Italian language is easy to learn, understand, and sounds nice as well. Been in Italy two times now, I have to agree that language sounds nice. Even though it's not widespread, it'd be nice to learn it just for the sake of it.

Also, Japanese, I know counting and some very basic phrases but I'd definitely be interested in learning more.

Im fluent in English, French, German and Swiss German, although the latter is actually a different language, its very close to German. I speak a tiny bit of Spanish and am currently learning Polish. :beer:

Blord

LOL, I click on 5 or more :D

English, Dutch, German, Chinese, Cantonese. I used to have French but it is all gone now.

luccax

Some of you may think in Brazil we eat bananas and speak indian but i actually can speak 5 languages: :D
portuguese
italian
english
french
spanish

Last edited:

ARG

English and basic French. Loads of programming languages if we count those too :D

I can speak dutch, english and german.

Tried learning french -> didn't work, gave up
Tried learning spanish -> didn't work, gave up

I allways sucked at learning new laguages. However english has become like a second nature to me. And german is in my opinion somewhat like dutch. So i learned that pretty quickly

I am way better in numbers like finance mathematical problems and stuff like that.

Greetings,,

Last edited:

Benm

I voted 2, dutch and english (fluent or close).

I suppose its the question what 'speaking a language' actually means. I can read a newspaper article with relative easy, but would have problems to have a conversation with someone in german that goes to any depth.

And then there are the languages where you only know a handful of words, perhaps for practical use, but not true knowledge of the language let alone its grammer. For me those would include french, indonesian and spanish.