Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where was that 2x Aixiz glass lens for ~$10 deal?

rhd

Someone was selling Glass Aixiz lenses (650nm and 405/445nm versions) at 2x for like $10 a few days ago - does anyone remember which store / site that was?

Am I crazy?

If it comes from AixiZ its AixiZ........... others may be using that name but they do not do so with permission. AixiZ had theirs made in China( the factory is Govt. owned) other companies get them there- same QC?-- that I do not know- factory seconds?? time will tell. After-the-sale support?? no one does that BETTER than AixiZ.

All the glass lenses in stock ATM at AixiZ are new batch- all arrived last Monday- I watched Dr Chuck take them from the box. glass for red/Br(1/2 thread) and 445(full thread) all in stock now. I do not recommend using FeeBay (go to AixiZ.com) and suggest a larger than one lens order(duh!). Getting blank modules- lenses and whatever else supplies you may need at the same time makes much more sense. Ask for combined shipping and mention that you're LPF.

ps the12v LEDs carried by AixiZ and quality and very low priced- great for MCs and custom cars and trucks. Anything you see at AixiZ fleaBay can be ordered from AixiZ.com- also on Amazon.

hak do you know if the new batch has the same AR coating as the previous lenses or is it a new type of coating?

The amber color on the new batch of 400-450 looked better/'golder' to me- I did not have a chance yet to do any testing- a family member(of AixiZ) was in the hospital and I did not have but a few minutes to talk at AixiZ.

I plan another trip up there next week and will try to get more info for you.

Sounds good. I'll be in the market to pick up a few at the end of next week or 1st of the following week. Any change to the 650 glass that you know of?

I'm interested, but all in all I would trust jayrob or Axixz more even at a few $ more ea. :crackup: LOL! :crackup: -Glenn

Last edited:
I just browsed this thread and thought RHD might appreciate this info (or anyone else in the market for lenses.

MINI-REVIEW (please dont yell at me if this belongs in the reviews thread!)

I actually ordered the 405/445nm lenses from both Rayfoss and Aixiz.

The rayfoss ones were 2 for $10 plus $3 standard shipping. Order paid on the 3rd of Jan. and received it today.
- The Good: They came well wrapped and packaged in a padded envelope. Pretty standard/decent packaging. Faona (i think, or whoever responds to rayfoss's emails) responds to every email within max 48hours. 2 405/445nm lenses for $13... hard to beat that.
- THe bad: If you havent noticed from above, it took roughly 1 month for standard shipping. and it was shipped BEFORE the lunar new year. longer than i'd like but its from asia so w/e. quality-wise There doesnt seem to be much of a coating on both lenses, as in, the coating is the same color as the aixiz lens but its not as prevalent as the aixiz... i have to view in different angles and lighting conditions to see the amber tint, but when i do its the same color as the Aixiz. Im wondering if anyone knows what that could mean (cheap coating/too thin)?? also, straight from the package and into my laser, these lense had smudge marks and specks that was very visible when adjusted to a 2ft circle on a white wall. I used powderless nitrile gloves and static free tweezers to handle the lenses cuz i hate taking apart these things to clean them...always seem to get more crap on it AFTER the cleaning :banghead:. anyways, after dissassembly and cleaning, the rayfoss lenses loook great, just like Aixiz's, LOVE the clean round dot, sorry no LPM so i can measure outputs but all 3 lenses make what my eyes perceive as the same powered beam/spot (dont hold me to it, its just an observation). So far no real difference in performance, but slight variation in AR coating from rayfoss makes me wonder about the long team durability of the AR coating. only other difference is rayfoss lenses have slight ring and very slight splash.

As far as Aixiz: shipping=fast, Service=great, packaging=best around, product=aside from 405-g1 this is the best lense to get, came clean and spot free, very visable AR coating(looks durable), makes one helluva nice dot, virtually no halo/light-ring when focused to infinity, seriously guys, i've used the half-threaded ones from modwerx and olike and there was considerably more splash and the spot wasnt as round or clean, grrrr i wish i could find my camera to take a pic, cuz my camera doesnt do this lens justice. I was gonna buy a 405-g1 but looking at the halos/splash caused by the single element lens, I decided to go with this and its totally worth it (unless all you care about is absolute power).

SUMMARY:
Rayfoss=cheap,comparable quality,2 lenses for less than others charge for just 1,good response and service BUT slow shipping(1month), bad QC/handling(specks and smugdes), AR coating doesnt look up to par, but for now it works fine so i guess pros/cons even out and im happy with my purchase.

Aixiz=cheapest in US, packaging is a sealed anti-static bag in a padded envelope, cant say anything bad really! ordered on jan 30 received feb 3

hope this helps

The amber color on the new batch of 400-450 looked better/'golder' to me- I did not have a chance yet to do any testing- a family member(of AixiZ) was in the hospital and I did not have but a few minutes to talk at AixiZ.

I plan another trip up there next week and will try to get more info for you.

Yes, i agree they look more Golden almost like the old 405 ones but not as golden.:) There in between the old golden ones and the last batch witch were more purple.:)

Sounds good. I'll be in the market to pick up a few at the end of next week or 1st of the following week. Any change to the 650 glass that you know of?

I only got 2 and 1 half thread one so iam not able to confirm if there is a difference in power but they gave +/- 3mW to my previous ones that i had that has more purple look to them.:)

The ones that they had before the 445nm diode became really popular were alot more golden. These new ones resemble them but not as golden. Its in between the older 405/445 lenses and the last batch before these ones that where more purple.

IMO they give the same output.

+/-3mW is nothing.:)

:beer:

@Steiviedezie This is why you buy from Aixiz there QC is outstanding and if its not correct they will fix it almost instant. Its worth the extra money. But iam not sure if they are the same. I might buy some out of curiosity if i order something from RayFoss but Aixiz Service is to hard to beat even though there pricers are more, You get what you pay for in the laser World. :)

Aixiz Rocks and is worth the assurance to know that they have my back if the product comes in not working or perfect condition. They are also very nice and shipping is 3 day to your door,Well at least mine. I remember i got 1 wrong lens back when there was a confusion at the office and i sent them an email they responded in less then 20 minutes saying the shipped me out a replacement and i received it 3 days later. With some extra goodies.:D

Last edited:
nope ~3mW is well within nominal tolerances. I'll be getting more soon, and they should be just fine.

I bet you put your poor little diodes in a vise to squeeze out every last mW don't you Mr. Matt?

+/- 3mW is unacceptable!!
I want my laser to output 1659mW, not 1656mW!!

^^:crackup:

I bet you put your poor little diodes in a vise to squeeze out every last mW don't you Mr. Matt?

^^Double :crackup:

You guys are too funny.

Maybe someone that is picking up a good size batch of 10 or so can do the proper testing but i really dont see them getting different results.:) Aixiz has a very good and tight QC.

:beer: