Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where can I buy the most powerful handheld blue laser?

Nomad

Similar to one of the other posters, I am in the market for a blue burner, too. I have a few green lasers now, and am interested in branching out into other colors. I would like to get a blue laser with a greater burning capacity than my green Herc (821mW peak, 740 avg). Still being a noob, I need some help finding this new toy.

Thanks

Similar to one of the other posters, I am in the market for a blue burner, too. I have a few green lasers now, and am interested in branching out into other colors. I would like to get a blue laser with a greater burning capacity than my green Herc (821mW peak, 740 avg). Still being a noob, I need some help finding this new toy.

Thanks

Wow! You have a 821mW green laser. I wish my first DIY would be that powerful. I foresee my first DIY having less than 300mW of power...

It'd be nice to know where you can get access to a blue laser diode capable of over 800mW.

CNI makes lab blue lasers (473 nm) up to several watts! (max is 13.6 watts!) True blue portable lasers do not burn! max about 60 mW. I do GB discounted buys from CNI, btw -Glenn

Last edited:

Thanks

you sir are my new hero lol

as for the burner have darkarmyofone build you a 8x style burner bluray at 400 mw it would burn as good if not better than your green

i would already have a 8x but am kinda feeling the economy effects atm lol

Last edited:
CNI makes lab blue lasers (473 nm) up to several watts! (max is 13.6 watts!) True blue portable lasers do not burn! max about 60 mW. I do GB discounted buys from CNI, btw -Glenn

Hi

Its up to 13.6 watts in 457nm from cni , that would be very exxpensive :(

my green Herc (821mW peak, 740 avg)

Not to change the subject, but, did you special order your Herc, cuz i thought their 400 peaks at about 600mW's max, how'd you manage 740mW avg :eek:

cust11

Until I see meter readings I am going to have to call BS on that gerc. Sorry. As for blue... You should build a 6x or 8x. Which is going to be the strongest handheld available at the moment.

-Mike

If you want a true blue laser that burns better than a 700mW green be prepared to fork out many thousands of dollars. If you can settle for violet build an 8x like the above posters said.

Nomad

Until I see meter readings I am going to have to call BS on that gerc. Sorry. As for blue... You should build a 6x or 8x. Which is going to be the strongest handheld available at the moment.

-Mike

You are right - I messed up the Herc rating it should have been 820mW peak, 715 avg. I was going from memory and didn't get the avg right. Sorry.

cust11

The second claim is just as unbelieveable as the first. You haven't made any ground. Don't mind me though.. just an opinion. Although I do suggest you support your claim because I don't think you will have many members convinced. Mind posting a picture of the laser on the meter? I mean.. you did test it..

I am not sure... it seems like this was more of a brag post to your claimed 700mW handheld. Seriously....

Hi guise... I need a blue laser that can outburn my 1watt(claim) handheld.. kek

-Mike

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

There was a blue 70mw RPL style that sold for $850 (absolute steal) on LPF back in June. Pretty high powered but couldn't burn as well as your Herc.

Yes ZRTMWA, owned by Yobresal currently, and I am next (in line to buy it from him)! It does peak about 100 mW btw, and that will burn some things in this case, but generally blue portables just won't burn much of anything. -Glenn

I am not sure... it seems like this was more of a brag post to your claimed 700mW handheld. Seriously....

Hi guise... I need a blue laser that can outburn my 1watt(claim) handheld.. kek

-Mike

Seconded.

Although I did hear about one Herc that was floating around here that was hand-tweaked to peak over 700mW.. That's probably not this one, though.

A photo of the power meter would definitely help disprove this, though.

Last edited:

cust11

There will be some excuse as to why there are no pictures or printouts of the laser meter. I guess thats why BCM sent me a CD with all the images of my graph :p.

now don't get me wrong here.. I am not talking down to this guy, rather disputing his outragous claim for attention.

-Mike