Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What the Hell??

c69.jpg

Counting sheep is a TERRIBLE way for me (personally) to go to sleep! I'd end up trying to visualise excess detail, like how wooly each sheep would be, the grains in the wooden fence, and whether the grass was lush or with bare patches as it realistically should be, the weather, sky... you get the idea....

I just try to blank out my mind if I have trouble sleeping, or let it wander freely.

I just try to blank out my mind if I have trouble sleeping, or let it wander freely.

I'm pretty sure I'd end up in a psych ward if I allowed my mind to wander freely :tinfoil:

I had trouble falling asleep for about as long as I've been alive. There are some things you can do though...

-Make sure it's dark - as dark as possible.
-Low level white noise - a fan works well.
-Earplugs - aside from the white noise, it's best to have as quiet of an environment as possible.
-Have a little air pass over your face... like from the fan... this also helps people with sleep apnea.

A boring TV show, and a timer are a great thing... set it up, and you'll fall asleep fast. Two things you should be careful about though... that the show doesn't turn out to be too interesting, and that the timer off function of the TV is not accompanied by some loud sound.

Likewise a text book is a great way to get sleepy.

Don't eat for at least 2 hours before sleeping. Don't drink for an hour before sleep.

Last edited:
Hmm apparently I sleep extremely easy then.

Darkness: doesn't matter. full daylight or perfect darkness, whatever
White Noise: I like it but not essential
Earplugs: would keep me awake
Air: Usually drys out my mouth too much XD

I dislike things like TVs being on because no matter how boring it may be I think about it way too much.

Eating? Shit I love to eat before bed including drinks LOL.

The only true conditional for me to fall asleep:

Computer off?
Yes - sleep
No - I'll sleep when I'm dead.

I also like the room to be very dark and quiet, helps me fall asleep, I always switch off the master extension cord so all the little LEDs over my computers and everything die.

But once I do fall asleep, well, I've been known to sleep through thunderstorms that drove my parents and my bro out of bed for good that night.

In any event, I never count anything. I never understood the "counting sheep" thing. Tried it. Just keeps me awake. How the hell did that become something like a symbol for sleeping is beyond me.

Last edited:

Zeebit

I very seldom have difficulty getting to sleep. I usually fall asleep within 5-10mins.

Noise - must be fairly quiet
Darkness - helps but not necessary
White noise - sometimes it works, sometimes not
Earplugs - These bother me too much
Air - I dont mind it unless its really strong
Sheets/blanket - Cant sleep without these except when its too hot

I usually eat a little 1 hour before and always drink a glassful or more before hitting the sack

Last edited:
I basically just need 3 environmental conditions to fall asleep:
1. Temperature
2. Constant noise level
3. Constant light level

And a non-environmental condition: Comfortable Posture

You know, the use of light regulates the body's internal clock and resets wake-rest cycles pretty effectively, but yet, airlines don't help you get used to your destination timezone by using that technique. Instead, they follow the day-night cycle of the location you left (this includes meals too), and adds on to the jetlag. Why..... it beats me.....

On the note of the airlines thing, I think they do that because customers get tired and hungry at the previous locations times and the airline is there to serve and customers would complain if they tried to change their eating/sleep patterns themselves. Believe me people get highly illogical and irritable when they are tired and hungry even by very small amounts and the airlines wouldn't want to have to deal with the crap that would come along with it. Its easier to just let people stick to their patterns and deal with the jetlag after landing.

Holy f***ing s***... How did I miss this picture of pure epicness...

It doesn't get much better than My Little Avengers. Can someone come up with a really good avengers twist on the full MLP:FiM name?

IMO i would have swapped pinkie and rarity around:
Pinkie - Iron Man - Stark's humor is a huge part of his character as is Pinkie's
Rarity - Hawkeye - Very precise and doesn't appear to like hand to hand fighting applies to both

I think AJ and RD may be better swapped as well. Both of their personalities mesh a little better as the other Avenger I think.

Last edited:

IsaacT

My Little Avengers: Friendship is Optional? They never seem to get along lol.

Now go suggest that in a board somewhere that has people who do MLP fan animations, and it'll come out in no time!

That would be fkn amazing. What if the same makers of Epic Cupcake Time (nomorethan9) were to make make a full length ponyfication of the 2012 Avengers movie... I would happily help fund such an undertaking lol.

I don't know what the fuss over ponies is all about. It could have been worse. It could have been.......
tumblr_ls6jfaOJMR1qz7jaro1_400.jpg
..... Day

I'll take ponies any day over hello kitty.

And here's something for IE. (mods: remove if offensive)

hellokitty_ar15assault_2.jpg

lol

what could be offensive there? Asians or rifles or kittens?

literally cant stop laughing that disclaimer slayed me.

Last edited:
Hmm, there are four things I am fond of on this thread... Asians Rifles Kittens and Ponies...