Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is your internet connection speed?

Helios

You know you can use print screen right? And cropping. Cropping is good. :whistle:

I know...its a cell phone picture because its not my computer :banned:

Its a laptop I got to play around on at the google fiber headquarters in Kansas City. My grad program has a graduate working for google there so we got a tour.

Apparently Kansas is trying to pass a law making google fiber illegal because it would comprise the "Free Market" for providers...how ironic that they would use legislation to ban competition in the name of free market protection. :can:

Last edited:

Fiddy

I currently run a static isp here in grant county Washington State 98 percent of this county is wired for fiber - i have a 250 mbg connection that is 125 up and 125 down. My isp is Ifibertv.com they are the only isp in the local area that does not have a download wall. I have a home network that has one NetGear N300-WiFi Router Model: WNR2200 and two access points. covers 5000 feet with out a loss of signal. I have 4 wire and wireless devices always on the network and up to 15 at any given time with out a loss of signal. According to
my Isp we are the fastest internet in the USA look it up if you think I am lying

speed test pic or ban!

3414497517.png

I can't wait until I upgrade to fiber optic... Pricing for internet is a big issue here in Canada though. :(

Fiddy

Wooo in my new place with 100/40 fiber :D

3458432473.png

Last edited:
I live out in the sticks here in OZ and TELSTRA does not give a Rats A@%# about us here. just been on the phone complaining that my download right now is 4 kbps Yes thats it 4 kbps! You will get this post sometime in 2018. :(

Last edited:

Blord

Old situation,
speedtest.jpg

New situation, the connection has been upgraded. :eg:
3491045051.png

I'm on a primitive version of ADSL so my upload maxes out at 0.37mbps and my down speed is relatively good for the area at ~7mbps. It's taken me 12 hours to upload a little over 2GB of footage to youtube. Painful? Isn't the word...

Benm

Just got upgraded to 90 down, 9 up here... which actually works when i plug in an ethernet cable. Unfortunately wifi cannot keep up at all and the best i got was about 45 mbit down (it does reach 8 to 9 mbit up though).

Really sad that the internet provider hands out modems with sub-par wifi capability while they get the actual connection right :(

I like how you can see, how much better the internet has gotten over the past few years, if you look through the pages in this thread, on the other hand, you can still see how many regions there are, that still seem to have cables made of wood. :D