Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What gaming system do you prefer?

What Modern gaming system is best?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • PS3

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Wii

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • PC

Votes: 39 56.5%
  • Mac

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Linux

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 8382

I don't think PC/Mac/Linux really count as game systems as they are computers that happen to play games. Whereas a PS3, XBOX, Wii are game systems that happen to do other stuff. However, PC still wins out in my opinion because PC's can be upgraded, game systems can't.
This might happen now. I upgraded my Xobx hard drive, firmware and installed Linux and Windows 98 on it. I also upgraded the DVD reader.

Nowadays game systems are computers. What we call computers are PCs.

mmykle

This might happen now. I upgraded my Xobx hard drive, firmware and installed Linux and Windows 98 on it. I also upgraded the DVD reader.

Nowadays game systems are computers. What we call computers are PCs.

I realize game systems are computers, the ps3 even has a "install other OS" option right in the main menu! I've been meaning to get around to do that on mine...

My point though, was that a PC is not a gaming system. It doesn't get that nomenclature even though a PC is better than any consol system. For me, a "gaming system" is something designed and marketed to play games. True, alienware, falcon northwest and other companies do that for PC's, but in the end, it's just a PC with specs geared to play games. You don't see companies making applications for the PS3, 360 and Wii, you see them making games. Only Games (correct me if I'm wrong). Whereas a PC has companies making just about everything for them. Hopefully that backs my point up a little more. Idk, you can still call PC gaming systems, I don't care.

I voted for PC in the poll...

My laptop's specs are: Intel 64bit Dual core 2.0Ghz processor, Nvidia 9600gt 512mb video card, 4gb ram, 17in 1400x900 screen and a blu-ray reader (not burner :cryyy:). It runs most games really well, hl1 runs at 300+fps on low settings. Borderlands runs at 34~ on medium (60 on low, 16 on high). Wish I could test crysis on it though :/

D

Deleted member 8382

alienware, falcon northwest and other companies do that for PC's, but in the end, it's just a PC with specs geared to play games.

I realize game systems are computers
with specs geared to play games.

They are the same. The only difference is the OS they run!

HIMNL9

PC, cause i like to do, with the games, that what i want to do, and not just that what any console let me do :p :D

The only bad thing is that new videogames are built for constrain the users to change their PC each time that the international thieves guild (M$, LOL), "upgrade" the OS with something a bit worse of the previous one ..... :p

mmykle

with specs geared to play games.

They are the same. The only difference is the OS they run!

Actually, the physical hardware is a lot different. Sure they both have a processor, video card, sound card, etc. but you can build a PC by buying parts at a store, you can't build a PS3 or 360. There are chips inside each consol that do specific consol related tasks. That is why the PS3 can not run PS2 games unless you buy the more expensive one because it contains extra hardware that the PS2 had.

PC FTW

XFX780I
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
4096MB RAM
2x 1TB 1x 400GB 1x 200GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
24" westinghouse 32" HDTV
Micro 5.1 speaker connected to X-FI
Logitech G-15
Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
CM HAF 932

copied from my xfire profile

Last edited:
where is the Atari and Sega options???

spac.gif

zax.gif

or colecovision.....

do.gif

now those were games.

Last edited:
I love me some rumble controllers
Feeling the gun actually do something when you fire it makes it 10x more fun for me, because it incorporates a whole 'nother sense into your gaming. However, not much beats crysis on 2 $500 cards in SLI running on 2 TVs at once :D

mmykle

I love me some rumble controllers
Feeling the gun actually do something when you fire it makes it 10x more fun for me, because it incorporates a whole 'nother sense into your gaming. However, not much beats crysis on 2 $500 cards in SLI running on 2 TVs at once :D

Yea, I like the rumble controllers too. Damn six axis... I still have the controllers that came with my ps3, I want to pick up dual shock controllers but their like $50.

Sound also makes or breaks a game in my opinion. Some games really don't have the best sound clips that suck you into the game. I thought resistance for ps3 did a good job with their sounds (like gunfire/etc), it made up for the lack of dual shock support (the controllers didn't exist back then).

Yea, I like the rumble controllers too. Damn six axis... I still have the controllers that came with my ps3, I want to pick up dual shock controllers but their like $50.

Sound also makes or breaks a game in my opinion. Some games really don't have the best sound clips that suck you into the game. I thought resistance for ps3 did a good job with their sounds (like gunfire/etc), it made up for the lack of dual shock support (the controllers didn't exist back then).

I don't really even care what system it's on, I just own a 360. But you're right, sound can really hurt or help a game. There are so many possibilities... sometimes, I wish games were more realistic though. I'm tired of people dual-wielding 19th century shotguns that happen to be more accurate when fired like a pistol than a modern automatic shotgun fired properly..... AHEM modern warfare 2.....

mmykle

I don't really even care what system it's on, I just own a 360. But you're right, sound can really hurt or help a game. There are so many possibilities... sometimes, I wish games were more realistic though. I'm tired of people dual-wielding 19th century shotguns that happen to be more accurate when fired like a pistol than a modern automatic shotgun fired properly..... AHEM modern warfare 2.....

Lol. My brother is obsessed with that game, I don't really care for it much. The console war is a little childish. The ps3 and 360 have the same games for the most part besides some PS3 or 360 only titles. Doesn't really make sense to me.