Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Well good bye, It's been fun while it lasted....

My 7 watter diode's glass window unbounded and while trying to do something about it i killed it, It's going to be a very long time before i'll be able to do anything about it.....

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that but it can happen, that window has to be kept free from contamination including airborne smoke, dust, excessive moisture, that's why I like to seal mine up and do my focusing with an expander.
You can get a new one from DTR, they are not expensive and on sale right now.

Last edited:

Radim

Oh, sorry to hear that. It is always pain, when something awesome goes away.

BobMc

A moment of silence for another dead solider :cryyy:

Maybe talk to DTR about sending the whole module back to him and have him r&r it. He might even have a used 44 laying around he can sell you at a discount? Never hurts to ask? Food for thought anyways. :thinking:

You put so much work into that build. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Something I do when changing out a lens such as a G2 is to let my laser cool down to room temp, I don't know that it's necessary but I believe it's a good idea.

---EDIT---

At least it's not 150.00 diode, I have killed my share of those, plus there's something nice about a fresh new LD.

How did yours die, you say it unbounded?

----EDIT----

No one gives up because of a 65 dollar diode, these are just some of my dead soldiers many costing 140.00 each, so what really happened ?

Your wife/parole officer stopped by for a surprise visit, took one look at that ceiling fan and your burnt monitor and took it away.

Was it something involving the fire department?

Come on man, laughter is the best medicine, show us some pics......I know, you were changing G2 lenses and decided to clean your diodes window with that silly clay, Right....be honest.

56593d1499532549-well-good-bye-s-been-fun-while-lasted-sany1142.jpg

-------EDIT-------

Did you leave it in your pants pocket and send it through the washing machine?
I did that with a 5 dollar greenie once, dried the dam thing too, it was cooked.

Attachments

• SANY1142.JPG
    SANY1142.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:

GSS

Something I do when changing out a lens such as a G2 is to let my laser cool down to room temp, I don't know that it's necessary but I believe it's a good idea.

---EDIT---

At least it's not 150.00 diode, I have killed my share of those, plus there's something nice about a fresh new LD.

How did yours die, you say it unbounded?

----EDIT----

No one gives up because of a 65 dollar diode, these are just some of my dead soldiers many costing 140.00 each, so what really happened ?

Your wife/parole officer stopped by for a surprise visit, took one look at that ceiling fan and your burnt monitor and took it away.

Was it something involving the fire department?

Come on man, laughter is the best medicine, show us some pics......I know, you were changing G2 lenses and decided to clean your diodes window with that silly clay, Right....be honest.

56593d1499532549-well-good-bye-s-been-fun-while-lasted-sany1142.jpg

-------EDIT-------

Did you leave it in your pants pocket and send it through the washing machine?
I did that with a 5 dollar greenie once, dried the dam thing too, it was cooked.
:crackup::crackup:
Sorry Acuu, it was too funny to pass up:whistle:
Yes it stinks and an aweful feeling.
Like everyone said its not all that much these day for a NUM44. You did seem to put it through some nice run's and got your moneys worth.
You show some good building skills and great at soldering;)
Dtr, or someone else just might work with you to press in a new diode to the 25mm module and the rest is yours to finish..and a new fresh diode:D

Last edited:
You might want to check with Ricker. He had some 44s left last time I looked and at really good prices.

Last edited:
Yep, that definitely burns... (pun intended)

Fortunately I haven't had any total losses with any of my lasers, damage sure, but nothing's died on me yet. Knock on wood! Like any other machine though, as BobMc said, replace the dead part and keep going.

I may have over reacted in the heat of the moment, I see the price of 44's have come down quite a bit so I'm in the middle of a tear down and a little bit of a redesign and if all goes well it might be back up in a month or two, We'll see.......

BobMc

I may have over reacted in the heat of the moment, I see the price of 44's have come down quite a bit so I'm in the middle of a tear down and a little bit of a redesign and if all goes well it might be back up in a month or two, We'll see.......

Good to hear Acc, it was/is a beautiful build. Needs to be givin life again. Best wishes. :)

Last edited: