Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Well good bye, It's been fun while it lasted....

Your all welcome to your incorrect assumption based opinions, After all I can't make you be right as that is something you'll have to figure out on your own in your own time, I'm sure it will take some much longer than others......

Just know that you don't truly know someone even after as many as 1000 short posts and to think other wise is just ridiculous.....

Is this a goodbye?

CE5

Everyone is welcome to their opinions, Just one thing about opinions is they don't have to be correct and many times they are not, Such is the case here...........

I can best be describes by "don't hit me because i'll hit back twice as hard", And i'll be the first to admit I can at times be a emotional person but I'm working on that., On the other hand if you are nice to me you would be hard pressed find a more nicer, generous person than I.....

I use to repair Accutron 214 watches for people and I am VERY good at it and my rates were always below what anyone else would charge for a lesser quality repair BUT you would prob be surprised to learn just how many watches I fixed for free because the person couldn't afford to pay someone to fix a watch they bought off ebay thinking they were getting a great deal only to find out they did not.......

Suggesting I make threads as "click-bait" is just ridiculous........

:rolleyes:
'Ya koon tacha poonoo nee sah, gee'
Roughly translated = Your attempts to use an alternative spin, has no effect on me.

Posting my views as an impartial observer was made in the hope, that it would help to highlight some of the big picture here for you to reflect on.

Perhaps it would be best to continue to use myself as an example to help explain the point I'm trying to convey.
I've been a participant in several other forums, and naturally they all develop and have their own unique form of, for lack of a better term 'social culture'.
Years ago when I first considered delving into Lasers, forums like LPF did not exist. And more significantly, the handheld laser pointer hardware did not even exist. Once the handheld laser pointers started making their appearance, this new gadget seemed to really grab peoples attention. And of course one thing led to another and here we are. But the road leading up to here started off as a grass roots effort, that has thus far taken over 20 years and counting to arrive at.

As such, there are many people still active- that were responsible for making all of this happen. Several I suspect also actively/occasionally post on this very forum.
Point being = there are folks here that have a profound vested interest in maintaining the status quo, for other than purely personal reasons.

It's my hope that by saying all this, that you @Accutronitis will also come to understand and appreciate in much the same way that I do, what the big picture is all about here. And likewise that what we all post here is not just directed towards certain individuals but is obviously shared instantaneously with the entire community as a whole.

Simply, all I'm suggesting is that I have found that by treating other individuals in the same manner that I would like to be treated, has served me well for several decades.

I can best be describes by "don't hit me because i'll hit back twice as hard", And i'll be the first to admit I can at times be a emotional person but I'm working on that.,

Again, the following is simply derived from my brief observations here. It seems like you have developed an adversarial persona that is prone to throwing the first punch.
I am pleased to note, that you recognize the same and are putting forth a conscience effort to remedy this tendency.
I'm not getting that the folks here are 'out to get you'. But rather the community is responding in a way that is mindful of the big picture.
Also, I'm not actively trying to come off as sounding extremely condescending, but due to the medium that we are using, this is probably unavoidable. So I hope this is taken into consideration, and if not I'm also aware that the simple act of moi writing all this, means that come what may, I will also own it.

With all the continued attention that handheld laser pointers seem to inspire, comes other attentions that seek to limit it. I don't know if you've investigated just how many different sites link back to the 'Thor's Hammer' videos that you have on your channel, but it may surprise you when you do.
And inevitably all roads tend to lead back to here, as concerns this topic.

tldr; Along with high powered hand held lasers, comes great responsibilities- Please be mindful.

As an aside on some history. It is interesting to note that the first item sold on Ebay, in 1995 was a broken laser pointer. And to borrow a quote from the link below.
“I believe that people are generally good,” he said, “and I felt that we should have a community that embraces a system of values.”

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/meet-the-buyer-of-the-broken-laser-pointer/

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
As an aside on some history. It is interesting to note that the first item sold on Ebay, in 1995 was a broken laser pointer. And to borrow a quote from the link below.
“I believe that people are generally good,” he said, “and I felt that we should have a community that embraces a system of values.”

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/meet-the-buyer-of-the-broken-laser-pointer/

That's a very interesting bit of trivia CE5, who would have thought that laser pointers have been sold on Ebay since day one!
Thanks for sharing that with us, I'm now ready when this question appears on "Jeopardy". :)

:rolleyes:
'Ya koon tacha poonoo nee sah, gee'
Roughly translated = Your attempts to use an alternative spin, has no effect on me.

Posting my views as an impartial observer was made in the hope, that it would help to highlight some of the big picture here for you to reflect on.

Perhaps it would be best to continue to use myself as an example to help explain the point I'm trying to convey.
I've been a participant in several other forums, and naturally they all develop and have their own unique form of, for lack of a better term 'social culture'.
Years ago when I first considered delving into Lasers, forums like LPF did not exist. And more significantly, the handheld laser pointer hardware did not even exist. Once the handheld laser pointers started making their appearance, this new gadget seemed to really grab peoples attention. And of course one thing led to another and here we are. But the road leading up to here started off as a grass roots effort, that has thus far taken over 20 years and counting to arrive at.

As such, there are many people still active- that were responsible for making all of this happen. Several I suspect also actively/occasionally post on this very forum.
Point being = there are folks here that have a profound vested interest in maintaining the status quo, for other than purely personal reasons.

It's my hope that by saying all this, that you @Accutronitis will also come to understand and appreciate in much the same way that I do, what the big picture is all about here. And likewise that what we all post here is not just directed towards certain individuals but is obviously shared instantaneously with the entire community as a whole.

Simply, all I'm suggesting is that I have found that by treating other individuals in the same manner that I would like to be treated, has served me well for several decades.

Again, the following is simply derived from my brief observations here. It seems like you have developed an adversarial persona that is prone to throwing the first punch.
I am pleased to note, that you recognize the same and are putting forth a conscience effort to remedy this tendency.
I'm not getting that the folks here are 'out to get you'. But rather the community is responding in a way that is mindful of the big picture.
Also, I'm not actively trying to come off as sounding extremely condescending, but due to the medium that we are using, this is probably unavoidable. So I hope this is taken into consideration, and if not I'm also aware that the simple act of moi writing all this, means that come what may, I will also own it.

With all the continued attention that handheld laser pointers seem to inspire, comes other attentions that seek to limit it. I don't know if you've investigated just how many different sites link back to the 'Thor's Hammer' videos that you have on your channel, but it may surprise you when you do.
And inevitably all roads tend to lead back to here, as concerns this topic.

tldr; Along with high powered hand held lasers, comes great responsibilities- Please be mindful.

Eloquently put...

It seems that some individuals just believe that
they truly are the center of the universe and will
fight anyone that does not agree.
We've seen that on LPF in the past with dire results
for some no longer here members...

Either they make an effort to fit in or not...:cryyy:

Jerry

Last edited:

Encap

Eloquently put...

It seems that some individuals just believe that
they truly are the center of the universe and will
fight anyone that does not agree.
We've seen that on LPF in the past with dire results
for some no longer here members...

Either they make an effort to fit in or not...:cryyy:

Jerry

Excellent observation Jerry, not uncommon and very true. Good point, the bottom line for sure is "either they make an effort to fit in or not..."
It seems to be the people that are hanging on by their fingernails/a thread, who scream the loudest demanding everyone constantly pay attention to their particular "universe" as if it is of great importance and interest 100% of the time and seem to believe, "they truly are the center of the universe and wlil fight with anyone that does not agree".

Last edited:
where ever I go, there I am.... hmmmm.... seems to be the center to me. Just a joke, but where is the center, really? Interesting to find out, if you don't already know.

I just had to, nothing but good will guys, I understand the problem.

where ever I go, there I am.... hmmmm.... seems to be the center to me. Just a joke, but where is the center, really? Interesting to find out, if you don't already know.

It's all relative... you need to ask...
Center of what ???? ;)

ie. we are not even at the center of
our own galaxy.

Jerry

Last edited:

Encap

Each of us is totally unique -- just like everyone else. :pop:

:can:

Last edited:
Hi ( Accutronitis ) maybe i could help you its your lucky day hehe.
I will give you a free 44/7W diode brand new all wired up what you will need is just a driver send pm and just pay shipping!!!
It would be your forum gift :pop:
I know i said it before but i want to say it again, A very heart felt Thank You AL for your gift, I've got my DTR 25mm module's diode replaced and tested and it's working better than ever !!!

11965-100-7319.jpg

11966-100-7320.jpg

Without your generosity it would have been months before i could have fixed it !

:thanks:

Last edited:

BobMc

I know i said it before but i want to say it again, A very heart felt Thank You AL for your gift, I've got my DTR 25mm module's diode replaced and tested and it's working better than ever !!!

11965-100-7319.jpg

11966-100-7320.jpg

Without your generosity it would have been months before i could have fixed it !

:thanks:

Glad to hear it Acc. That build of yours was just to good to see it setting on a work bench. But do everybody a favor and be kind to your ceiling fan. :D

Glad to hear it Acc. That build of yours was just to good to see it setting on a work bench. But do everybody a favor and be kind to your ceiling fan. :D
You should see it now, Not a white spot left on the under side of the blades, Just various stages of burnt black ! lol

BobMc

You should see it now, Not a white spot left on the under side of the blades, Just various stages of burnt black ! lol

And you've got a new diode to play with. That ceiling fan doesn't know what's coming! :crackup: Enjoy, and a shout out to Alien for making it possible. :gj:

Last edited:
Thor's Hammer is back up and burning strong ! It took a bad detour due to a dumb mistake made by me.....

The diode Alien Laser gifted me was a good one until i dented the can :oops: removing it from the 12mm module that it was installed in when Alien Laser generously sent me the whole kit and kaboodal as i needed to put it in my DTR 25mm module, I somehow dented the can which popped the glass windows lose and very shortly after that the diode went south..... :cryyy: But then i came up with a plan and sold a spare watch movement i'd been setting on for a while and i bought a whole new module from DTR and i finally got the time to put the Hammer back together again today and i'm happy to report it's better than ever !

I'm soooo happy to have it back as it's my main pass time !!! :D

Last edited: