Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wanted, LPF, The History

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
At the time when LPF was created in the summer of '06 there were really no DIY lasers. The 16X red diodes (early 2007) and the first bluray diodes (late 2007) and the corresponding DIY videos about them that were posted on YouTube and linked back to LPF was really the point were the forum took off. Before that membership was quite scarce.

jakeGT

Who was the first to take a diode, driver, and all other parts to make their own laser? Or who was the first to introduce it to LPF?

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
The majority of the original red builds I saw were "kipkay style" driverless builds. I think deadal was one of the first to design a driver for the hobby.

Wow so everything is Really Newer than I thought. i thought this site had a longer history. It's got some really skilled members in that short of a time then wow. I'm glad to of got to join this community. I hope we don't see no Huge changes in our hobby with negative laws or anything like that.

Any of the original members still left and still logging in?

Last edited:

jakeGT

Wow so everything is Really Newer than I thought. i thought this site had a longer history. It's got some really skilled members in that short of a time then wow. I'm glad to of got to join this community. I hope we don't see to make changes in our hobby with negative laws or anything like that.

Any of the original members still left and still logging in?

Haha avery apparently. I have seen one or two accounts from 05' '06 that have posted since I've been here.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I actually registered right when the forum started in the summer of 2006, my first account got lost though and since I wasn't that active until more recently I just started a new one.

jakeGT

It's funny. I didn't realize daedal was just some guy who built a DIY driver circuit... I thought he was somebody in a science book somewhere when I saw the "daedal" circuit on rog8811.com haha

I think Senkat is the oldest one still posting. Others drop in occasionally, even tommygreen23.

jakeGT

tommygreeen! haha why does he get on here? To scam people? is he scarletpussy?@!?!!?!?

I think we caught him before he did anything. I could be wrong though. It was early last year.

Timelord.
Senkat.
Jake21.
Wesdaman.
DAoO.

:crackup:

That's the summary of the history of LPF.

anselm

Those were all the same guy? What about that Andrew Biddar kid? He ever come back?

jakeGT

well senkat is senkat_stonetek if I do believe so...

I think RA is saying that is the history of LPF, those are the only originals left... maybe? HAHA, it's past my bed time, and I NEED A BEER