Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

want rep back? post here if u had a lot of rep and lost it

Am I too late to this party?

I had 24. But while you're fixing stuff, it should've been 2 more (Zom-B at one point tried to do "plus 2", and instead accidentally did "plus 1, minus 1"). I did have one negative rep from Amnizu, out resident-spelling-and-grammar-nazi-for-that-one-day-last-year, so I'll take that one, but whatever. ETA: That's 24 total, including 25 positive, the 1 negative from Amnizu, and Zom-B's 0 that should've been +2

It's not a big deal really, I hope people will be able to judge for themselves who to trust and listen it, I just really like to feel like I've actually contributed something to the forum, to feel like people like my input. In the immortal words of Stuart Smalley, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me".

Another general comment about the rep system is that we get a TON of "drive by posters" on this forum. People with one or two posts, who ask one single question about their laser, like if pot modding works or how to clean the lens on a laser. For these drive by posters, I think rep could be very valuable in decided who to listen to. Such as deciding between the guy with 100 rep who says "don't pod mod your laser, you'll likely break it", or the guy with 5 rep who says "dude, I saw it on youtube, it totally works, you should totally do it". Of course the community will quickly intervene in such an instance, but it may not be in time to save some poor soul's laser. The correct answer could be significantly less obvious in case where, for instance, people say to use different chemicals to clean the lens on a laser.

Last edited:

Well i had 8 reps on my L@z3r account, idk if you can get those back or not.

wow, you managed to maintain a positive reputation on one of your accounts??

EDIT: That came out sounding more sarcastic than it should have.. With the lack of smileys on this new forum I failed to convey my astonishment. In any case, keep it up Wes!

Last edited:
Sooooo, I still don't really get it. I've read Jerry's thread and everything, but I can't see anybody's reasons for rep, or how many points they have, or anything.

Why does one member with <200 posts have 11 rep power and some members with >2,000 posts have 0?

-Mark

I guess if C0ld is still doing this I might as well have mine restored, I had somewhere around 27 on the old system.

Rocket - depends if they had rep restored or not. You can view your reputation in your User Control Panel or your profile - hit the tab labeled reputation.

Things

I had like 25. Also, would it be possible to re capitalize the T in my username?

Cheers, man :)

For the members that post or will post "I think I had about XX Rep Points"...

there is an easy way of knowing what your exact rep points were....

Click on the link below and on the top right of the Members's list choose
"Sort by Name" then chose the letter your User Name starts with to find
your Name on the Old LPF... then click on it to go to your Profile to see
your old Rep Points...

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?action=ml

Jerry

Last edited:
Sooooo, I still don't really get it. I've read Jerry's thread and everything, but I can't see anybody's reasons for rep, or how many points they have, or anything.

Why does one member with <200 posts have 11 rep power and some members with >2,000 posts have 0?

-Mark

Hey Mark...

Rep Power is accumulated by... Number of Posts... Number of Rep Points
and Time since Registered.

Some Member's that have not requested it... have not yet had their Rep
Points reinstated... that's why a member with 2000 posts can have a
Rep Power of Zero (0).

To see a member's Rep... go to that member's Profile and click on his
[Reputation] button to see reasons for Reps...

On the move over to the new LPF some members helped the Admin with
some problems and were awarded extra Rep Points for their help...
(no this is not an attack on seoguy)

Jerry

Last edited:
wow, you managed to maintain a positive reputation on one of your accounts??

EDIT: That came out sounding more sarcastic than it should have.. With the lack of smileys on this new forum I failed to convey my astonishment. In any case, keep it up Wes!
Hey PL...
are you kidding....:whistle:

We have 66 new smiles....:eek:

When posting... click on the [Advanced] button... the smilies will show
up to the right.. then click [More] to see them all...:yh:

If you can't see them....:thinking:
Go your user CP... got to "Edit Option"... got down to "Miscellaneous Options" and in "Forum Skin"... choose [Full WYSIWYG Editing]....

Don't forget to click [Save Changes]... ;)

Jerry

Well i had 8 reps on my L@z3r account, idk if you can get those back or not.

Yeah, ass that you your -40 ish on the other one, and you are still not doing great. Maybe you need a fresh start:umbrella::knight::spank:

Go your user CP... got to "Edit Option"... got down to "Miscellaneous Options" and in "Forum Skin"... choose [Full WYSIWYG Editing]....

Oh my! :rolleyes:
I didn't see that there... Should have that set as the default.

Thanks Jerry! :bowdown:

N/P... just doing my bit to help the transition...

BTW... maybe E-Mailing c0ld about reinstating your Reps
might be faster... You have nothing to loose trying...;)

Jerry

Jerry:

Nah, I don't want to bug him, he's got a lot on his plate... besides, I can think of a few people who probably deserve their rep back more than me.

Let's see...
benm
diachi
rkcstr
drlava
pullbangdead
themonk
thejunkmonger
villageidiot
zom-b
switch
spyrorocks
yobresal
andy_con
...to name a few.

The reason I'm telling you this is because as it stands you can give/take a Rep
and comment but it will have no effect until your Rep Power is higher that zero (0)
even thought you have 1 Rep Point in your profile...

I don't think you'd be bothering him... that's his function here...
and the other member's on your list... I would suggest they try the same thing...
The choice is yours.....:yh:

Jerry