Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Voting Thread: I "C" Red Battle Royale

I have a certain yellow tube in mind that I would love to make portable!

Though a portable 612nm would be perfect.

That's cute :crackup:

Plenty of people have made battery powered, and portable gas. Actually, there was a portable CO2 laser made a couple years ago, but I am horrible at remembering names, so I can't give a username. Though I believe he was from Texas.

I think any tube of plasma would be amazing if made portable. I just want to make a portable 612 due to my lust for orange.

As far as means, the yellow tube I am referring to was $175 shipped ;) Just have to know what you're looking at/for. It was almost dismissed as a red.

Last edited:
Hey cdbeam show some more pics if its almost done. ;) I am curious to see how you fit the 50 mm between the diodes and the lenses given the dimensions you have listed...

It is quite possible that he's using another lens. Let's not get carried away with the assumption that the 50mm FOC from Thorlabs is our only option.

Yes that is possible, but he is getting a lot of votes for a lot talk. and he never showed the combined beam of the tridentis at long range. He referred to a vid showing the dot a 20 something feet and it looked pretty big already. This is making me skeptical because I know a guy from MIT who said proper combining is nearly impossible. They always become multi beam at some point. Which would make my luzy more powerful at any range other than the one distance the law giver it is set up to combine at. This is even with out the spring loaded instant touch focus my model has. Also my battery will last longer, so what is meant by more power? The law giver is more powerful at a very specific pre set distance that is very improbable to happen to encounter. :)

And don't forget that my phaser will always be focused at infinity... so should be as powerful as anything here =o And it's a phaser! Heh.

Of course they will diverge at once point. You're talking about making two beams of light parallel from only a few mm outside of the beam. Trying doing that with pipes, or board of wood (imagine you are superman and weight doesn't matter). It's about as impossible as something could be in the realm of optics.

Try thinking about it logically, you won't get perfection, but the goal is to get as close as possible.

I've tried aligning beams with a PBS, and personally, it's one of those things you can't talk trash about unless you've tried. It is NOT easy. I failed.

Regardless I just want to see some pictures of progress from cdbeam. How do you fit those in there!?

Which is why i would like to see proof of success. Otherwise it isn't really scientific success. Everyone can do it wrong. Nobody can claim they did it right unless they prove it. Seems like there is no proof. I want to see a 100 and 1000 yard dot picture.

Last edited:
Hey cdbeam show some more pics if its almost done. ;) I am curious to see how you fit the 50 mm between the diodes and the lenses given the dimensions you have listed...

See " Detailed " drawing.

CDBEAM=======>

Attachments

• JD As Built Drawing 9 Series 4.with 50mm addedCAD.JPG
    JD As Built Drawing 9 Series 4.with 50mm addedCAD.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 104