Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Veteran Status Revoked

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMHO... SBA is a vet. A vet should not be teh one with >1k posts + 1yr membership, but the one that really engages into lasers and dedicate a good time to it.

What I think:
I have access to the vet forums, and I don't post there - because I don't consider myself a vet. SBA, on the other hand, have LPMs, built lasers, really seems engaged with the hobby. Hence he is a vet.

Anyways, my bet is that the requisites for going veteran should be >1k posts + 1yr membership, OR APPROVAL BY MODS. Thats all. There is no reason to fight/drama here, its just logic...

Don't take me wrong ppl. We all have something in common; we all like lasers and we should not be arguing whether someone is a vet or not... Just enjoy the wavelengths, post your builds, and lets :gh:

Last edited:

ARG

Actually, I believe the final straw was when norbyx was admitted to the vets section, not laserbeak hitting 1k posts.

Actually, I believe the final straw was when norbyx was admitted to the vets section, not laserbeak hitting 1k posts.

Yup.

Of course that doesn't stir the drama pot, so our resident lurker troll wanted to point the blame at someone more visible.

norbyx

Oh I see now it´s my fault.... well I know that I wasn´t welcome in the vet section since I posted a hallo thread and didn´t even get one answer. Probably not wanted in the vet section.

tonyt

IMHO... SBA is a vet. A vet should not be teh one with >1k posts + 1yr membership, but the one that really engages into lasers and dedicate a good time to it.

What I think:
I have access to the vet forums, and I don't post there - because I don't consider myself a vet. SBA, on the other hand, have LPMs, built lasers, really seems engaged with the hobby. Hence he is a vet.

Anyways, my bet is that the requisites for going veteran should be >1k posts + 1yr membership, OR APPROVAL BY MODS. Thats all. There is no reason to fight/drama here, its just logic...

Don't take me wrong ppl. We all have something in common; we all like lasers and we should not be arguing whether someone is a vet or not... Just enjoy the wavelengths, post your builds, and lets :gh:

Which is why i said it should be more of a post count + rep deal... Rather than time. As others have said there have been people that have made great contributions to the forum in a very small amount of time..

ARG

Oh I see now it´s my fault.... well I know that I wasn´t welcome in the vet section since I posted a hallo thread and didn´t even get one answer. Probably not wanted in the vet section.

That's not what I'm saying mate. I was about to reply to your hello thread, but after 30 seconds of it being there it was removed by admin.
Let's not play the blame game, the admins made an honest mistake, and they did their best to fix the mistake. :(

tonyt

Norbyx, I hope you took screenshots of all the "top secret" military laser tech that is in the vets section that i hear so much about :D

Norbyx, I hope you took screenshots of all the "top secret" military laser tech that is in the vets section that i hear so much about :D

AND the 555nm 500mW diodes available for $200 :crackup:

Lets enjoy the hobby and forget about this, ppl... :beer:

norbyx

Like I stated in the first post in this thread, I saw nothing special in the vet section that makes me regreat not being there anymore.

I see that 99% of the usefull info is in the general forum seciton....

norbyx

You are probably correct, I was wrong it´s not the 99% but 99.99999%

That's not it at all.

There are only maybe 20-40 people max that actually frequent the Vet section on a regular basis... takes a while for enough people to check to reply. Since the thread was removed fast, no one commented.

Personally I tend to only check for new threads once every 1-2 days.

Which is why i said it should be more of a post count + rep deal... Rather than time. As others have said there have been people that have made great contributions to the forum in a very small amount of time..

This was debated for quite a bit... 50 or 100 rep, 1 year tenure, 1000 posts, with every additional rep point over the minimum being able to count toward either the post quantity or the temporal requirement was my personal proposal for entry to vet section.

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
7008-random-pictures.jpg

Reactions: ARG
Status
Not open for further replies.