Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Unacceptable Language

Sorry for when I got out of line a couple times. :yh: :whistle: BUT I really think someone mature and old enough to be able to operate a laser safely is old/mature enough to hear the F word a couple times. But I started using lasers at 13 so what do I know :p.. :beer: Plus by some of the posts here it seems not everyone on here is old/mature enough to use a laser properly.

Last edited:

Things

Everyone slips once in a while, just don't make a habit of it and there isn't an issue.

Sorry for when I got out of line a couple times. :yh: :whistle: BUT I really think someone mature and old enough to be able to operate a laser safely is old/mature enough to hear the F word a couple times. But I started using lasers at 13 so what do I know :p.. :beer: Plus by some of the posts here it seems not everyone on here is old/mature enough to use a laser properly.

Being able to swear on a public Forum does not prove that one
is mature or an adult..

Being able to control the urge to swear IS.....

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

Stix62

I think German is an unacceptable language!

I've nothing against Germans, I just hate the language.:D

No problem...
what gets me is the Up North, England, UK dialect...
I can't understand a word of it.... unless it is written...

So I guess because I can't understand it... I must hate
it too...:D

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

Stix62

Lol
I live up north now but spent the first 17 years of my life in London. I've been up here 33 years now and don't have either accent :D

Scotlands not too far away, and Newcastle (geordies). They both speak english but its difficult to tell sometimes :D

Last edited:

daguin

If you're a NooB coming on cussing out members, expect to be banned

If you're an established member that has run "out of control", expect a temp-ban

If you're an established member that just made a slip-up or posted a vid or link to something unacceptable, expect the post to be deleted

Peace,
dave

I'd also like to chime in about language.

Abusive language not just swearing towards forum members I think should not be tolerated as well.

I totally agree with Daguin on this.
However, one thing is for certain, if you're old enough to have potentially hazardous "lasers" you SHOULD be mature enough to maintain a respectful manner towards others.

This is how I see it.

Definition 1 - nm. Berliner, resident of Berlin

Definition 2 - donut, small sweet pastry which is usually fried (also doughnut)

Yes somewhat to both translated definitions above, albeit she is actually a resident of Regensburg (origin of birth), as well as likened to a small sweet pastry, indeed!

Yes but residents of Berlin don't usually refer to themselves as "Berliners." If you choose to use that word to refer to yourself as someone from Berlin, you should omit the article that precedes it, in this case, ein. So it would be "Ich bin Berliner" not "Ich bin ein Berliner"

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi here (haha) but JFK made the same mistake several years ago. (His famous speech beginning with "Ich bin ein Berliner," which many Germans interpreted as "I am a jelly doughnut")

jakeGT

Simple words of wisdom Dave gave me when I first joined the forum:

It is all just words on a screen. Don't let them get your panties in a bunch. Even if it is "curse words". People need to start acting more mature, the world has lost its ability to argue effectively.

Honestly, I'm 13 and fine with the use of cursing, because I'm mature. I highly doubt any non-mature kids are interested in laser technicalities. Yes, I do agree that with a large amount of cursing the word does lose its meaning, but in some situations it can be appropriate. Kids aren't too offended with cursing; trust me i'd know. I don't think this is much of a big deal as I haven't had a problem with inappropriate cursing on this forum at all. The forum is fine how it is now, but if there is a thread or post with over the top cursing then it should be edited or deleted.

daguin

Honestly, I'm 13 and fine with the use of cursing, because I'm mature. I highly doubt any non-mature kids are interested in laser technicalities. Yes, I do agree that with a large amount of cursing the word does lose its meaning, but in some situations it can be appropriate. Kids aren't too offended with cursing; trust me i'd know. I don't think this is much of a big deal as I haven't had a problem with inappropriate cursing on this forum at all. The forum is fine how it is now, but if there is a thread or post with over the top cursing then it should be edited or deleted.

It is VERY rarely that the "younger" members complain about language ;)

Peace,
dave