Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ultimate DIY Projector Reference

vk2fro

Just added a section on alignment (not filled in yet) and filled in a little bit of info on baseplates.

This is a very useful resource! All in one place. Thanks for sharing all your work!

Added to my bookmarks.:beer:

Great idea Dan--I want to help(rather than try to find fault) my username there is the same as everywhere.. I have info to add. +2 for your SIR!!

vk2fro

Just added a pile of updates concerning beam shows, dacs, a pic of a baseplate, etc. :)

burnsa.jpg

Things

Jeez, what's happened with the background colour?? Haven't touched the site for a few weeks and it goes and breaks on me? Heh :p

Thanks to everyone contributing! I'll admit I've been a bit slack with it, but having some other "issues" regarding internet, getting all my stuff down etc, just need to find some spare time.

EDIT: Appears the background colour issue might only be me. How odd. Even tried disabling adblock. Haven't changed anything else, unless Chrome has updated itself. I have also noticed that the favicon works in IE but not Chrome.

Dan

Last edited:

Things

When I look in the section "DAC" I see no mention of a modified sound card, aka LaserBoy DAC, or any reference to the existence or use of the associated LaserBoy application or open-technology.

Thus the reason I decided to turn this into a wiki, so others can contribute. I can not possibly memorize every single DAC on the market, so if you feel something is missing, sign up! :)

Dan

I really don't think it's my place to go onto someone else's wiki and start editing content that was posted by the owner; especially when it involves formatted tables and a bit of personal opinion.

If you decide to include the LaserBoy DAC and some reference to the LaserBoy app, technology, wave file extensions, etc. I would be glad to fill in some of the blanks.

I'm not so sure that the Sound card DAC tutorial is the best reference. It's incredibly long and it provides a very specific step-by-step approach that might not be very useful for people with different sound cards or totally home made correction amps. If someone buys an AudioLASE correction amp, that will not work with the newer C-Media 8 channel sound cards, because they have a lower DC offset voltage that is out of the adjustment range.

As far as I am concerned, a LaserBoy DAC needs to be a full 8 channel device. That is what makes it an exact match for ADAT. The last two tracks are there for stereo audio.

Besides that, I'm not so sure the wiki needs to go in depth about how to make one. It would be nice just to indicate that such a thing exists. The greatest value of the LaserBoy DAC is that it is an amorphous device. There are many, many ways to make a device that fits the generic description and functionality.

Last edited: