Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tutorial: 3405 Build Tips!

bloompyle, I understand that your upset, but please take it to PM's instead of lashing out in this thread...

TJ apologized for his comment in this thread, and it's just better for the thread if you took it to PM's.

Thanks! :)

He apologized yes, then gave neg rep with the comment "Leave little boy you bother me."

ALSO! This host is sweet! It has such a solid feel! I should be getting all my diodes and sleds and charger and such this week, so I'll make a review on it :D I CAN'T WAIT!
THANKS JAYROB!

bloompyle, I understand that your upset, but please take it to PM's instead of lashing out in this thread...

TJ apologized for his comment in this thread, and it's just better for the thread if you took it to PM's.

Thanks! :)

Jay the driver in that pic I've seen it before... where, where, where?.

Also I read the quote. It seemed Tech app. to you, not bloom, respectively.:whistle:

jayrob

That picture was from way back when I made a thread showing the host for the first time:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/heres-another-great-blu-ray-host-26919.html

For a higher powered DDL driver, I use a different pot now. Like this one that Dave ordered for his first 8X:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/pioneer-8x-blu-ray-bdr-203-a-36790-5.html#post500740

About TJ... when I read the thread, I see that TJ's original comment wasn't specifically toward any one person. Just a general 'thought it was a simple thing' comment.

But actually bloom took it personal, and called him a name. So from my point of view, TJ appoligized for the negative comment he made. But bloom was the one calling names.

And as was said, it only takes away from the thread to fight in the thread.

Now we've all seen TJ get into it with others in the past. But I must say that I don't see that in this thread. (thanks TJ) Yes, his comment was negative, but he apologized, and then he didn't let bloom keep it going...

And I can see from bloompyle's last comment, that he has also let it go. (thanks bloompyle)

Last edited:
I let it go, because I'm sick of it, it never ends with him. Although, he hasn't insulted me today....but I won't hold my breath.

jayrob

Well, once again, I ask you please not to fight with him in my thread...

That last comment of yours was a shot at him. And honestly, I see that you called him a name in this thread in your very first post. He had not said anything at all to you directly.

Not taking sides, but in this thread, that's how I see it.

So I thank you in advance for taking any personal issues to PM... :)

It wasn't directed torwards me, but I felt offended because he called people who needed help on this, dumb. I was one of those people, so I felt offended. Have you seen the ways he treats me in other threads? Or have you been gone the last month...

jayrob

I'm not taking sides, I'm just asking you please not to fight in my thread is all...

There are other forums and threads just for hashing out these kind of things.

This thread could be a very good thread that can be helpful for a lot of future new builders. So that's why it would be nice if it didn't get all trashed up with fighting...

P.S. I could have taken it personal just as well. After all, I am the one who made the tutorial. So him saying that people who need it are dumb, could also mean that he may think I'm dumb for making it in the first place right? (like it is a thread not needed)

But why take it personal? It's not worth it. If he thinks that, then that's his opinion. Obviously there are many people who do not think it is a dumb tutorial.

And he apologized for that comment anyway...

Last edited:
You must have missed my previous post:
bloompyle said:
He apologized yes, then gave neg rep with the comment "Leave little boy you bother me."
Yeah, what a nifty apology. 'Sorry, but here, have some nice neg rep, also, could you do something for me? Leave.'
That's how I see his 'apology'. Go ahead, check my rep if you don't believe me.

Well, this system doesn't provide me with the same luxory as you, to neg rep somebody everytime they get insulted. Lucky you...

Kevlar

Bloompyle, this could be a very useful thread to those aren't quite sure, or just want some tips from a veteran on this build. I had a good idea on how to go about this build but I came here just for some confirmation from a vet before I proceeded so I wouldn't mess anything up and waste money. I know I don't want to come here for help and have to read all the negative posts and I'm sure no one else does either. So do everyone else a favor and help clean up Jay's thread by deleting you negative posts.

Thank you, Kevin

P.S. TJ isn't going anywhere. You might not know or see this but he does a big service to the members' of this forum. He helps keep it clean of scammers and spammers. This is just some friendly advice, I hope you don't take it personal but you should take some of his advice by reading more and talking less. My father always used to tell me "you'll never learn anything with you mouth flappin'." If you notice, I think I joined the forum around the same time you did but look at my post count compared to yours.

Forgot to mention Jay, I got your kit yesterday (I'm a poet and I just didn't know it!)! And I LOVE it! Especially the solid-ness (solidity?) of it. Not like some laser pointers, this one feels like it should be a laser. And thanks again for the additional leads soldered on for me! Now I know what you meant by it :na: There's no way I could have soldered that, I could get my iron down there yes, but I wouldn't see what I was doing! :crackup: . And unless the USPS thingamabob is lieing to me, I SHOULD be getting my PHR's in the mail today! :D :D THANKS HTD! SO! My first REAL build will get underway in a few hours :D Since Kipkay wasted a perfectly healthy MagLite...and a diode, I have found out that it really is worth investing the additional moolah to do it right. And I wanted this build since it's rckstr compatable (cheaper lol). SO!! Thanks a TON for the kit, and I can't wait to build it!!

jayrob

Good deal... Glad you like it!

DTR, I'm sending your 3405 'Hot' option special request kit with other items today. (Tuesday)

Here's some pictures of the set up...

3405%20Flex%20Max%201.jpg

3405%20Flex%20Max%202.jpg

3405%20Flex%20Max%203.jpg

Notes:

I tested it at 1466mA's with an AW 18650. (for testing) I am curious to see what it puts out with the 3 X 10440's in parallel. So let me know.

I also tried a cheap 18650 battery that I have, and it was about 100mA's less current with that battery.

Anyway, I think you will like this kit for your 445 build. But remember that I did not recommend this set up. Only because it is not in the documentation for a 4+ volt diode. (V5 FlexDrive)

Your upcoming Stainless Steel 18650 similar 'special request' kit (building per 'date paid), will have to use a shorter heatsink for the driver. Because the pill is not as large as the 3405 pill. But I will make it as massive as can reasonably fit in there...

Let me know how it works out! :cool:

Last edited: