Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tridentis 6.7W of Blue Beauty

Hard to teach older dog newer tricks !!!....Will have by Friday. ..never did video B4 for the net...Yikes...how hard can it be ??? to...Point phone...Press Button...Put at least one finger over the phone lens...move phone all around in Rolling Coaster like fashion...have several frames of my feet...oh...and lotsa extra odd noise...hahaha...Got it...Will do
BEAM OUT=======>

Last edited:

Hard to teach older dog newer tricks !!!....Will have by Friday. ..never did video B4 for the net...Yikes...how hard can it be ...Point phone...Press Button...move phone all around in Rolling Coaster like fashion...have several frames of my feet...oh...and lotsa extra odd noise...hahaha...Got it...Will do
BEAM OUT=======>

cool i bet it will look epic, for this laser i recommend going outside so the whole camera doesnt get flooded with blue lol

also comparisons are always good for this kind of vid!

but remember to avoid the greatest sin of all videography, the dreaded vertical video, the scourge of the video world, just remember to use your camera in landscape mode. really i cans stand how so many people on youtube who end up recording something crazy. like a factory exploding or a cop shootout and im like, well this would be cool, if the screen wasn't 90% black bars!!

thats a crazy laser btw, funny thing i went to bed thinking what if someone put a bunch of 9mm diodes together to get a 10w laser or something, oh look they did it

Last edited:
MMmmmm....this video stuff is slightly more challenging than I had imagined !!! I cannot get the file off my phone..." File too large " Must read up on this....for I only did about a 30 sec video ???

Till I figure this out...see the attached pic showing a somewhat improved pic of the optics !

BEAM OUT =======>

Attachments

• Tridentis Improved pic of optics 1.jpg
    Tridentis Improved pic of optics 1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

Pman

Hard to know what to say. Stunning workmanship and getting to see the inner workings is fantastic. Need a special circumstances +5 REP button aproval for something like this! Doesn't seem right that I can only give +1 REP in this instance.
My inexpensive build threads keep trying to delete themselves:eek: I may need therapy after seeing this....

Last edited:
I love it CDB -
Nice job combining all this into a small package and your philosophy of using standard parts.

ATB
MM

MMmmmm....this video stuff is slightly more challenging than I had imagined !!! I cannot get the file off my phone..." File too large " Must read up on this....for I only did about a 30 sec video ???

Till I figure this out...see the attached pic showing a somewhat improved pic of the optics !

BEAM OUT =======>

here is the solution , use youtube, hopefully you have a smartphone , if not then the camera on your phone is not worth while anyway, if you have an iphone , just when you go to share, select youtube, for android , something simular im sure, if you dont have youtube , just sign in with your gmail/e -mail,, and make sure you upload using the HD option !

FL...OK...will go the youtube route.....tomorrow nite !! Thanx !!

MMode......Thank you !! My work is raw compared to the complete finished package you present with your RGB HH !!! Now...that is a work of art !!! And....you did everything !!! Stem to stern...and the electronics....all in 266mm of beauty !!! And ...your machining work.....I am speechless concerning that....what workmanship...WOW

For the "Tridentis SteamPunk" look....Form must be secondary to Function !!! And the form of the "Tridentis" ....albiet unique....with fully exposed internals...surly defers to function vs.form !!!

But.....Even if I could cover the internals.....I think that I personally prefer the " Exposed Parts Look ".....mmmm....the EPL format ... but...that is just me !!!

When I decide to build another Multi LD unit....it will likely have the EPL !!!...and I would like to incorporate a visualized arm switch and in addition....a battery indicator circuit !!!

Thanx for all the kind words !!

BEAM OUT =======>

kilter

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!! THAT THING IS BEASTLY!!! (sorry about the caps, got carried away there ;) )

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Very nice! But I have one snivel, it needs a speaker. A handheld that puts out over 5 watts should also produce an ominous low humming sound. ;-)

Buffo

Amazing craftsmanship, Bob! That thing looks like a commercial product!

Your machining skills are matched only by your imagination.

Any chance of seeing that thing in person at SELEM this year?

Adam

Sorry...no sound....except on the video....mmmm??? Not what you would expect !!! Kinda in the fashion of "Captain Nemo" !!! Just MAD/Crazy !!!

Thanx Adam !!!! My imagination is at least an order of magnitude past my pocket book !!! Oh well....good to have goals !!! Bring the Tridentis to SELEM....mmmmm?? fascinating idea !!!!!!! it would melt the copter blades and cause a malestrom of mayhem !!! !!! hahahahaha !!!

You may note the momentary switch laser I/O has been changed out for a toggle switch.....because....the amp draw fried the momentary... I may leave it this way ?? undecided ?? Perhaps I will do a nite video also.....but the current mosquito population is sufficient to loft me airborn !!!

See the attached video....done in full daylight...colour rendering is not correct....no purple at all.....just a product of the phone optics !! One can see the green flashing " Armed" indicator used as a safety. This is my first video....SOoooo....cut me a break !!

Enjoy the music !!! It is an aquired taste !!! hahaha...and thanx for the Youtube tip Firelaser !

For the "Complete" Steampunk look....one would incorporate a ceramic base-knife switch !!! See pic

BEAM OUT =======>

Tridentis Video 2 - YouTube

Attachments

• Knife Switch.jpg
    Knife Switch.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Thank you for the Laser P0rn :D CDBEAM!

For it to be so visible in broad daylight is most impressive! Love the indicator light and the toggle switches :D

~ LB

Last edited:
WOWOWOWOWO :eek: :eek: :eek: for the beam to be so visible during the day time on a video is truly an accomplishment out of this world, the steampunk look is awesome :beer:

Last edited: