Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TOP 30 - BEAMSHOT COMPETITION NUMBER ONE! Vote for your favorites now :)

Here are the TOP 30 entries in the first beamshot competition!

Votes are being tallied and the top 10 are being decided. I'll have a thread up by this afternoon!! In class right now :p

Prizes-wise (as of now):
1. Super overspec green pen, ~50mW blu-ray pen, and ~15mW Viper-host green pen w/ case.
2. C6 host/heatsink and Mohgasm driver (courtesy of Mohrenberg -- be sure to thank him!)
3. Kinda overspec green pen & blu-ray pen
Where 1st place picks from the list first, 2nd place picks second, 3rd place picks third.

View the original rules for this contest here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/b...an-enter-entries-closed-68520.html#post988369

Like these competitions? Wanna see cooler prizes? DONATE!
NOTE: DONATIONS ARE AND WILL REMAIN ANONYMOUS AND ARE NOT REQUIRED AND WILL NOT AFFECT ENTRIES/JUDGING IN ANY WAY

Last edited:

Voted. Not for mine ofcourse.

There are some seriously sick beamshots there. I'm so way out of my league :D
I see that the leading is #1 currently, though I voted for 27... more work into the photo itself was put, more effort.

I'll vote for a few more later. 6 more votes left, right?

I too voted (Not for mine)
Can only guess which one.... I have a sense of humor.

Very hard choice for me between 10 / 26 / 4
All brilliantly done

Last edited:
Wow there are so many awesome pics its really hard to choose one favourite!

But voted =)

Awesome I voted! Good luck everyone... they look a lot better then mine :D

Hey, err... question. Can anyone vote? Otherwise, some people might be cheating by asking those who aren't LPF members to vote....

it would seem (unless im wrong) you can vote as many times as you like.

Jaseth

Very good job on setting up the voting page so it is clear and easy to choose.

However, there is some obvious cheating going on. #5 is not a very good picture but it has 20% of the votes.

Last edited:
It seems as anyone can vote? Wouldn't that mean someone could use a proxy to cheat?

Votings like this are very easy to cheat with, I suggest to keep the votings either to lpf members (with a certain minimum of posts to avoid bots) or to let the judges decide. #5 is in my opinion a bad photo yet is has the most votes, so this voting is not representative for quality and probably also not for the general opinion. Very nice site for viewing the entries though.

Last edited:
Yeah anyone can vote. I was hoping that people would have the dignity to avoid cheating to get their votes up.. Maybe from the top 15 vote-wise I'll myself narrow it down to the top 12 or 10. I don't think more than ~3-5 people will be arrogant enough to cheat and it'll be hard to be knocked out of the top 15 if your picture is really good.

Votings like this are very easy to cheat with, I suggest to keep the votings either to lpf members (with a certain minimum of posts to avoid bots) or to let the judges decide. #5 is in my opinion a bad photo yet is has the most votes, so this voting is not representative for quality and probably also not for the general opinion. Very nice site for viewing the entries though.

I was debating that. Like handle votes via PM. But I didn't want to make things so you had to take the time to actually send me a PM (and counting would be a pain). This was the most elegant solution I could see. Maybe I'll do something different for the next round. If you look though, basically any picture with more than one vote at this point would be in the next round.

Remember I do have total control over what happens next ;)

If there is clear/agreed cheating by next weekend we can start a poll or something and see. Also since now I'll manually be cutting out a few pictures to get it to the top 10 (for example) you'll only make it if your photo is really good!