Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thoughts on my design

This jack of all trades is reminding me of USABro and a few others. He talks a good game but actually can not produce a single jpeg or any other file type of this laser he is supposedly built!

Solomon.

!. prove us wrong by actually producing a picture, schematic, or anything else that will make us say hmm good design!

2. Encap is not attacking you personally but your big talk with out any thing to back it up!

3. We have as a community seen many people come on here and talk a good game but produce actually bupbkis.

4. We have had veterans and most will remember That joker incident I am talking about! work for a long time and have a good product just to FUCK everything to hell!

5. Prove us wrong please! We are as a community tired of all the posers, trolls, Juvenal (not saying you are) bs, Scammers, and every one else that makes our community look bad, or paint us in a bad light and it happens to often.

6. Please for your sake watch how you speak to people! It really makes you look like a total ass.

7. Encap and others that have called you out are some of our brightest and most knowledgeable when it comes to building and buying lasers so just saying it makes you look less creditable!

O,kk, here's my opinion but bear with me, i'm a little drink, hold my beer.
Your design isn't particularly good in the sense that you would want to sell it in mass production, mainly because the cut grooves are only for aesthetics. I don't thing you gave any thought to convection currents cuz as it stands, the channel width can be approximated as round because the boundary layers would just cover the channels cuz they're not in the right direction. You would want the fins to run parallel to the natural convection currents. But I like it aesthetically cuz it looks like Darth Vader's light saber.

On the other hand, i Think it may be just thicc enough for your application. To have a pocket 1w burner that'll go in short bursts.

That bbeing said, I like your approach to screw tha aixiz head right into the socket for better conduction.
Don't listen to tha haters, you machine it good, and you pop those ballonons.

O,kk, here's my opinion but bear with me, i'm a little drink, hold my beer.
Your design isn't particularly good in the sense that you would want to sell it in mass production, mainly because the cut grooves are only for aesthetics. I don't thing you gave any thought to convection currents cuz as it stands, the channel width can be approximated as round because the boundary layers would just cover the channels cuz they're not in the right direction. You would want the fins to run parallel to the natural convection currents. But I like it aesthetically cuz it looks like Darth Vader's light saber.

On the other hand, i Think it may be just thicc enough for your application. To have a pocket 1w burner that'll go in short bursts.

That bbeing said, I like your approach to screw tha aixiz head right into the socket for better conduction.
Don't listen to tha haters, you machine it good, and you pop those ballonons.
Yeah... posting while Drunk is obvious....:crackup:

BTW... What haters...:thinking:

Jerry

You know what, I don't even know. I kinda just skimmed the thread last night

Its time to put up or Shut up! The forum is tired of the Drama

Last edited:
1kwgj4.jpg

Wow,

Apparently I have become quite popular!

PGS is amazing material, I encourage everyone to read up on it, seeing it in action is amazing, cut a 3 inch strip, put a lighter to one end and you burn your fingers instantly :shhh:

Encap, I have a 18w single mode blue diode (5.6mm) I was thinking of using in my build.... exclusive through my Chinese supplier, what are your suggestions....??

Hmm, I like doing 3d drawings on my computer... I am glad they taught me that in junior high, when you tell me your ideas Encap I will draw it up!!!

Wow,

Apparently I have become quite popular!

PGS is amazing material, I encourage everyone to read up on it, seeing it in action is amazing, cut a 3 inch strip, put a lighter to one end and you burn your fingers instantly :shhh:

Encap, I have a 18w single mode blue diode (5.6mm) I was thinking of using in my build.... exclusive through my Chinese supplier, what are your suggestions....??

Hmm, I like doing 3d drawings on my computer... I am glad they taught me that in junior high, when you tell me your ideas Encap I will draw it up!!!

18W of single mode in a 5.6mm diode...yeah...

Definitely,

2rdusk0.jpg

Nice Laser concept and Idea, specially the aluminium with holes pattern to expose a bit of the copper.

One thing that I have to say, sometimes for pocket things is much better to be thin but a bit longer, than short but fatter. Just IMO, though.

You could do 14500, 18350 and 10440 battery tubes, keeping identical the heatsink area, but with different thicknesses in the battery section depending on the option chosen. And they are much bettet than the CR2, providing higher voltage, instead of the CR2 driver you could make a 3.7-4.2V input driver for all, so driver could keep being the same.

Anyway, great job, looking forward to seeing some finished ones!

A.

Albert, Great feedback! I will due the different battery options like you suggest! I am actually trying to design a driver now too and would like to sell it stand alone in addition to using it in the laser pointer; what features do you think current drivers are missing... or is it just cost?

Solomon, let's not forget that you can't post a sale thread on LPF with negative rep. ;)

Edit: 18W single mode, LOL yea okay

Last edited:
Solomon, let's not forget that you can't sell anything in LPF with negative rep. ;)

Edit: 18W single mode, LOL yea okay

EP,

All I have done is shared my design... while a few members have highjacked this thread due to desire to be outspoken when there is of no need.

Someone here must understand the language of sarcasm, if not then handover your credit card numbers and I will ship that 18W diode right away.... starting with encap:san:

Well, you did mention you're going to sell them:

Actually this is going to happen, expect to seem them for sale in one month! They will be affordable too and will come with a few batteries, a G2 lens in addition to a focusing knob will be included!!:shhh::shhh:

Can't do that with negative reputation.

I think you're the one who doesn't understand sarcasm, since there was no hint to indicate that it was other than pure stupidity, which can be found without sarcasm. Hence the creation of this thread. ;)

I don't see where your thread was highjacked? You asked the entire forum for their thoughts, and I don't see anything to the contrary in this thread.

No one will hand their credit card numbers to a troll...

That "Blue 18W single mode 5.6mm diode" will probably be a NUBM44, 9mm diode multi mode with awful divergence and less than 8W, so... Or the chinese supplier lies and you believe him without proof, or you are just a troll and a scammer.

Let's make a thing, make a video (not a photoshopable photography), and post this video here, and we'll see :)