Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The XBOX 360 HD-DVD high power laser thread

drlava

the big question is.. does the diode have the square barcode marked on the back? and if so... what is the P/I/V chart :)

IgorT

Why does it look different?!? Or is it just something mounted on top?

Jake, we need better pics! And a close up of the diode bottom! My cursor is floating dangerously close to the Pay button...

IgorT

jake21 said:
ill let u no when i tare take the diode out.
You should be able to see the mark as soon as / if you remove the ribbon cable.

Good luck with the extraction Jake! Can't wait to hear the results...

Now i can't decide if i should go to sleep or wait.. :)

daguin

[highlight]BINGO!![/highlight]

Well the post offfice didn't wait until tomorrow. These are my sleds from PSXBOY $40 each :)

PHR-803T

PSXBoy_9.jpg

PSXBoy_3.jpg

PSXBoy_8.jpg

I know -- my photography skills suck

I just ordered two more.

Peace,
dave

those would be the correct ones. i kind of want to stockpile a bunch of these so I can not worry about how hard to push them.

oh, and by the way, I began my lifetime test this afternoon, so hopefully not soon we will know how long they live at 90mA. Unfortunately, the diode we are testing is not in a proper heatsink. My professor did not want to worry about mounting it, since we don't need that particular data for our project. It is just sitting in its regular heatsink off the sled so we will see if it can take the heat. He also does not want to kill another diode doing a max current test. We had one that was just an led and he decided to use that one's point of failure as a guide for the rest. It blew at just over 120mA so I would say don't push it past 100mA.

drlava

excellent! stock ordered :)  Wonder what happened with jake... they look like the PS3 modules. KES400a

climback, why oh why are you testing without a heatsink.. that invalidates the results somewhat.  Was the one that died at 120mA also without a heatink?

so when did jake order his
and when did daguin order his

or did jake just order the wrong thing... cause his are different =/

daguin

pwnstar said:
so when did jake order his
and when did daguin order his

or did jake just order the wrong thing... cause his are different =/

I ordered mine on 5/1/08 using EMS shipping. I couldn't wait :-[

I am in Southern California

Peace,
dave

drlava said:
climback, why oh why are you testing without a heatsink.. that invalidates the results somewhat.  Was the one that died at 120mA also without a heatink?
I know, I know. I wanted to make a heatsink. It only would have take a half hour or so, but I guess he doesn't mind. My guess is that it will live maybe half as long as it would with a heatsink, if that. The one we blew was without a heatsink as well, but it was started from cold and just turned up till it blew.

roSSco

I just ordered one of the 803T's. :D I'm going to have to find a second job!

daguin

To whomever fixed my pictures -- Thank you. I thought I had them cropped and resized, but I'm a speech teacher not a graphic artist :cool:

So each sled you buy could be different? The ones with the barcode are most powerful, right? Im thinking of buying a couple...

jake21

i ordered me like 2 weeks ago and came today mine has the symbol on it also. ill try to take a pic of the diode but it comes out blurry

jake21

sorry for the bad pic, but u can see the lil black symbol on the diode

Attachments

• 4340059.jpg
    4340059.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 324