Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The thread of my life ...

Hello forum.
I created this thread for two main reasons, the one to sell some of my laser jewelry, the other to ask You for a little help.
As many of you have known for more than a year, I have developed esophageal cancer, which in itself is already a very bad thing.
Considering the atrocious death that three of my family members made after undergoing chemotherapy lately, I decided not to do it, and to rely only on palliative care. Currently the diameter of my esophagus has reduced by about 1/3 of the original diameter and I can no longer feed on solid foods but only on liquid or semi-solid foods (baby food, vegetable soups, fruit smoothies, etc.). Currently I'm under heavy doses of antacids and cortisone, but soon I will also have to rely on patches containing morphine for the pains that will form pretty fast.
Moreover, I will be forced to be fed through a centralized probe feeding, but frankly I would prefer to die first.
A year ago my family doctor told me that my life expectancy varied from a minimum of one year to a maximum of 5 years, but only if I had done chemotherapy. A year has already passed and I'm not doing chemo. I am living every day as if it were the last of my life. Every extra hour that will be given to me will be added as a welcome surprise.
Unfortunately my problems do not stop here: I was already in serious financial difficulties before the arrival of Covid19, but after the arrival of this virus my activity completely closed its doors and now I am in totally bankruptcy. I can no longer pay my house bills if not the essential ones (water, gas, telephone and electricity), but often I have to choose whether to pay the bills or buy food.
Luckily I have a bartender friend who is making me credit for the lunch at midday, and in the evening I am using meal vouchers kindly offered by the municipality of my city and the Italian red cross, but very soon also those little helps will end.
I also had to give up the car, and the few trips I currently make are made exclusively by bicycle.
I know very well the serious problems facing the American people today, between the tragedy of Covid19 and the rampant madness of many people who are destroying statues and monuments, looting shops and assaulting freight trains. Most of the news, the real and uncensored ones , come every day from Youtube and Facebook channels, certainly not from CNN. Unfortunately I'm forced anyway tro try to ask a little help also in this forum, where I spent the most beautiful and creative years of my life, where I met many good people who introduced me to the wonderful world of the lasers and made me a talent in the field of portable lasers near the level of my grandmaster CDBEAM777 !
I will use this perennial thread to try to sell at fair prices most of my collection of lasers, unique and unrepeatable, and at the same time to ask a little financial help to my friends of the forum: even a few dollars given with the heart today would make me so comfortable, to try to live in dignity the last few months that I will have to live on this Earth.
The necessary data will follow, for those who decide to help me in this devastating period.
I hate to give such bad news to some dear friends, you have no idea how much!

With sincerity and affection.

Richard from Padova, Italy.

Encap

Sorry you have to go through all that you have written so clearly about above.
Has been one thing after another for you--all of them life changing. Was painful just to read about everything.
What you write is way beyond any difficult situation most will ever go through but you have tackled it head on and amazingly are handling it better than most anyone could/might expect.

You have made so many great and enjoyable contributions LPF. I always look forward to your outstanding posts and photos of what you are doing. Whenever I see a new post from you appear I know it will be a treat.
The outstanding uniuque exotic hand held laser builds and Advanced Ariel Pyrotechnic shell making posts here on LPF have been beyond excellent and your creations inspiring works of art to many other Members. Thank you for all of those posts.

What else can be said?
Wish most of your situation were different.
Wish you the strength to continue to handle whatever comes in the same way you have thus far.

Best blessings and good luck with the sale of your unique and exceptional laser bulids,

Last edited:
I am sad that you are having this trouble, I have always enjoyed your laser contributions and enjoyed seeing your fireworks, it's amazing how quickly everything can change in our lives, I will see if I can buy any of your items for sale when you list them or make a modest donation, do you have family nearby ?

Coonie

My mother has done chemo and has survived it. She has lymphoma. Cancer is a hard disease to deal with but you have to fight it with everything you have. Please reconsider the chemo.
Also start listing some lasers. I'd be glad to purchase one when I can.
Things are dire I know but losing hope is the last thing you should do.

Do you mind if I send you a pm?

Thanks Encap for Your kindly and encouraging words.
The positive side of the matter is that this type of cancer usually doesn't cause metastasis.
It originated from a cellular degeneration of the esophagus cellular walls due to a dysfunction of a
sphincter called a hiatal hernia that cause a precancerous degenerative cellular structure called
Barrett's esophagus. This is due to the ascent to the stomach cloridric acids that corrode and degrade
the walls in the time. Usually those with hiatal hernias have a 20 percent chance of developing
Barrett's esophagus, and those with Barrett's esophagus (normal or short) have a 20 percent chance of
developing cancer. Apparently I have had both misfortunes. Unfortunately, humans with this kind of
cancer no longer have that 20 percent chance of being spared: they just die.
How? Malnutrition, degeneration and atrophy of the digestive and intestinal tract, suffocation
due to internal bleeding. I often wake up with blood on the pillow: they are the capillaries inside the
esophagus that breaks. I could die suffocated by my own blood in my sleep, which I think it would
be the best death. But anyway I don't want to talk about my (marked) destiny anymore, I try to stay
among you as much as possible. I still have a lot of material to build rockets and fireworks,
and I have at least twenty ready to be launched. I will keep you updated, I promise :)

Hi RedCowboy. I'm totally alone, I do not have parents anymore, I do not have brothers or sisters, and my
nearest relative lives in Argentina and it is sick and old.
Luckly I have a good friend and the fellowship of a russian hamster and a lot of ornamental flowers and plants
which I treat with passion and dedication.

Hello Coonie. You can PM me as much as You want :)
I have seen my grandmother, my mother and my father destroyed by the chemo:
organic wasting, total hair loss, fistulas, artificial anus, diabetes, multiple removal of organs, endless gashes,
blood, excruciating screams of pain, relapses. Chemo has done more harm than cancer in itself. And for what?
Only to obtain a few some months of extra life? No, it is absolutely not worth it. Chemo is not a cure, it is a poison
that kills everything, good and bad, healthy cells and sick cells. Few, very few humans heal completely.
But sooner or later they develop a relapse, which means that like all medicines in the market today cure
the effect, not the cause. Please consider this scenario: you are driving a car and suddenly a red light turns on
indicating a serious engine problem. And what are you doing? With one punch you break the red light and you
don't see the problem anymore. Apparently there are no more warning signs and the car continues to run well.
But sooner or later it will stop forever. Here, chemo works like this.

If I have to be fully honest with all of you: most of my current conditions have been created with my own hands.
We consider much of what happens around us as an offense, as an undeserved wrong, and instead of learning
the lesson, we fight like Don Quixote against the windmills, obtaining only our self-destruction.
I owe part of this drama to my disordered, reckless life, lived very isolated from the rest of society, with many
internal serious conflicts , bad issues with my family, with the other sex and with the rest of the world, school in
primis. Serious problems pushed me to the worst evil of contemporary society ... addiction!
And so, over the course of a couple of decades I have squandered a fortune on gambling machines.
I could end up drugged, I could end up alcoholic, but between all the available evils I chose perhaps the worst one.
And it was this that led me to physical and economic devastation.
Anger, pain, and frustration have built up over the years, and in the end have somatized into one big evil: cancer.
Stupid and useless end for those who did not want to listen to life lessons ...

Last edited:
For those who kindly help me, also with ONE dollar, You can do it in many ways:

Paypal: SUPERCELLL@yahoo.com
Mastercard: (please ask credit card number by PM)
Wire Transfer: IT43C3608105138220299120308

Last edited:

I will sell this jewel at 300 dollars ALL INCLUSIVE (paypal fees plus FedEx courier).
If possible I can send, as an extra gift, also the needed cells (the best on the market today).

Richard, I am so sorry about your situation. What you're facing is unfair and nobody deserves that kind of outcome. LPF stands with you, and your contributions have always held my highest respect and I know that's true of others in our community as well.

I must ask you to consider removing your card & bank details though, and keep in mind that this forum is available publicly on the internet. Information posted here is not secure and you are at risk of your security being compromised by posting publicly. Perhaps only leave your PayPal email?

Hi and thanks for the suggestions.
Ok I removed the credit card number.
The Wire Transfer datas is safe, I have no moneys in my bank account :)
If anyone want my credit card number I will communicate it thru PM.

Another big masterpiece for sale:

For this little jewel I ask 350 dollars all inclusive (paypal fees and FedEx courier).
No tripod but the cells are free if the delivery is possible.

Encap

MK:
You might want to consider posting anything you have for sale in the Buy, Sell, and Trade subforum also.
Not many people will look in "Other" for items being sold.
The more people who see what you have for sale the better.
Especially so in these times when so many people have been out of work for several months due to Covid and money to make ends meet is in short supply + future uncertain --- not the best time to sell premium items.

Last edited:
YES make a new thread in BST. you can link this thread so others who want can read and understand why you are selling- we ALL will bump it for you and attest to the quality.
Best wishes..

BTW yeah sending batts can become a problem. if inspected would you want some NOT laser smart person try one out.. too much can go bad. Not sure right now which shippers allow li-Ions. You would not want a laser siezed over the cost of batteries.. let the buyers do that.
FedEx was at one time USPS .. might still be allowed.
UPS IIRC does not want to ship them-- DHL maybe.
If you do ship with the batts in the lasers be sure to put a piece of plastic between the battery and the tail cap ... that way it cannot lase as-is by accident.

We will keep you in our hearts and minds and prayers.
Len in Texas

Richard I am truly sorry that you have been stricken by this disease and wish I could say something that would help, I know that's not possible but I want to say that nobody is perfect and you don't deserve this........I'm sure you have explored all your options but I have to ask, could you not have your esophagus removed ? I have read about how doctors can remove an esophagus and make a functional one from part of the stomach, people can even live without a stomach, sorry but I have to ask is there nothing that you can do or try ? Is radiation therapy not an option ?

Richard I am truly sorry that you have been stricken by this disease and wish I could say something that would help, I know that's not possible but I want to say that nobody is perfect and you don't deserve this........I'm sure you have explored all your options but I have to ask, could you not have your esophagus removed ? I have read about how doctors can remove an esophagus and make a functional one from part of the stomach, people can even live without a stomach, sorry but I have to ask is there nothing that you can do or try ? Is radiation therapy not an option ?

Hard to find the right words..
RC has done a good thing here.

THAT being said.
Buy a Laser from MK--treasure it and what time we all have left.
Make a plan to covers your gear. and be sure the forum knows somehow what has happened.
WE are still in the dark about 'Greenmechanic' Marc, 'Pheonix' Rob Banas --and somewhat Alan-
'Pi R square' (He DID make a 'final thread'.....but there was a error in the title (he meant Goodbye but posted 'Good by..'so some did not know what Alan meant.
and too many others.

hak
whose days are also numbered (73 yr old soon) like all of us..

Richard, My FRIEND....I have been silent way too long......not for lack of caring....but for lack of words to describe my feelings !!! Here goes !!!

You have inspired us all !!! You have made all our lives much richer....much more exciting....more full of ....well just life !!!!! Please take great pride in how you have impacted all of us on LPF !!! You have made a difference !!! Your enthusiasm and your excitement has been such a gift !!! I and all of us will remember always !! Just plain ...THANK YOU !!!

I hope to see you in Heaven....honestly I do....If I make it ????????????????? I believe things happen per God's plan....Sometimes....the plan just seems horrible !!!! and....although I am driven by Science....I just have FAITH....I cannot explain why....I JUST DO.....SO....To you....whom has delivered sooooo much good....surly....you will be rewarded !!
Your Friend,
Bob