Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The reputation exchange thread!

shadowvale

Administrator
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i was intending to be used for senior members, whatever u guys think is the best

some people definately deserve reputation restored and i will manually reset for members if u want

Kenom

Honestly shadowvale, I think that the reputation system is not needed. It was mostly a popularity contest and had people begging for reputation. This isn't ebay and when people have problems or question a sellers integrity in the b/s/t section others are more than happy to gang up and berate the bad guy.

Razako

People generally abused the rep and treated it more like a fun gimmick rather than a serious feedback system. I'm not all that sad to see it go.

Kenom

OK I'm starting a poll to see if we should keep the rep system.

Sorry guys... I don't agree...
even though the old Rep system had flaws... even if you were a Noob to LPF....

By just reading the Rep comments... you could easily figure out who you could trust to do a transaction with...
The number of rep points is not as important as the comments that go with them... IMO

Jerry

Kenom

yeah but 2/3 of transactions didnt' end up getting rep points. we've all banded together to warn people about bad products we see when they come up for sale on the b/s/t section (take for example jake21 and how everyone loves to jump on him)

I'm sure people had some issues with me in the past (I've been known to forget to ship a product) and never did I have anyone saying anything bad about me though they should have.

I think rep points work, but one must actually read the comments. This is because some people have like 150 rep and under every comment it's just like "LAWL HHEAR IS SUM REPZ FOUR YOU.... YOU ARE SO HUNGRY FOR REPZ LMAO!!!"

and then there are others who have a lot of points, and every one of them is legitimate.

I think that we should keep the rep system, but start anew. This will give a well-needed purge to the useless reps and a fresh start.

Rep points should be given for valid reasons, not just "Cuz you had it before".

EDIT: What's up with the rep system anyways? I was trying to figure out why I have 1 rep point (thanks to whoever gave it to me!); I clicked on it, and it said I had 10 points (what?!) but I couldn't see them...help please?

As previously stated, rep points are much more useful if there is a reason displayed next to them, and the rep giver/taker is shown as well.

I think it's a great system, by the way. It definitely deserves to stay in place, as long as you can see who posted it and why.

-Mark

Last edited:
I think rep points work, but one must actually read the comments. This is because some people have like 150 rep and under every comment it's just like "LAWL HHEAR IS SUM REPZ FOUR YOU.... YOU ARE SO HUNGRY FOR REPZ LMAO!!!"

and then there are others who have a lot of points, and every one of them is legitimate.

I agree with this viewpoint. The unfortunate truth is this will always be an ongoing argument, and it seems like we have almost an even split (at least here in this thread). I say we leave this particular aspect of things up to c0ld. That way it's out of our hands and we can all move on. We just spent every moment of our LPF existence dealing with a rep system, so if c0ld decides to keep reps, it's not like it will be some shocking change or anything, and if he decides to get rid of the system then there is a whole contingent of people with valid arguments suporting that option as well.

This is just my opinion on things.

i say start new.......and someone should be in charge of approving the rep points before they are officially posted....to keep the useless ones out.......

i say start new.......and someone should be in charge of approving the rep points before they are officially posted....to keep the useless ones out.......

That sounds like a great idea. It would be nice to have a reputation system that contained useful information and prevented the childish BS that went on with the old system. But who will be the one to check each rep point for validity? That sounds like a full time job.

Will this new site have moderators? A good set of moderators would make LPF much better.