Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The real output of Priceangels lasers

anselm

I agree with ^^^. I offered John to send him an IR filter.
I am still waiting for him to PM me his address....

Maybe it's just me, though I know some of you agree... John is going WAY above and beyond what is necessary for the sake of a reliable or even semi-reliable product. I definitely agree that the marketing ploys for different countries and societies vary... Anyone who's ever traveled to Dominican Republic for a little vacation has definitely heard "cheapie cheapie... You like you buy"

While I don't condone the business practices of management, there's also a very different societal structure in terms of respect. Here in North America, its perfectly acceptable to question your management decisions, but in many eastern cultures, it's disrespectful and rude. I can see why John might make that decision. (about the 120$ to 23$ price drop)

People are also suggesting that John gets an IR lens after everything he's been doing already...

Maybe I'm being too ... Self-critical here, but I find the North American sense of entitlement a little disheartening. Some people expect that he bend over backwards for us... For a 40$ laser. Really? I think we are fortunate to have someone that actually cares enough about the customer to do what he has been doing already yet we ask more without offering to help.

Well, I'm offering to help John and (maybe in an indirect way) our community here...

It's not much, but I'd like to buy a few of those IR filters and send them to John. We make the assumption that it's a business expense however how do we know he's not paying out of pocket.

Anyway, I think it would help John, it would benefit us here, and it's a little something maybe to say thank you for caring enough to try and keep a very small niche market happy. :san:

If anyone else is interested, PM me, but I can only see this benefiting the community in the long run.

That's the point, thanks.

I agree with ^^^. I offered John to send him an IR filter.

I am still waiting for him to PM me his address....

It seems that I haven't receive your PM,,,, sorry, have I miss it?

Will you send it to me again? But I am afraid I can only think about it some days later.

Thanks for all kind help!

reliable john

megha

john, in the big picture of the label of this link 200mW 532nm Mid-Open Green Laser Pointer(1*CR123A Included) $40.72 Free Shipping is says "DRIECT" instead of "DIRECT", so you are a HK / Chinese scammer, we don`t like your bussiness techniques. You could change it and had a perfect site with no errors, that`s why you are alive.

but now... I realize that you have one of the best power / price values of all the internet, and a GREAT customer service... so, are you so "BAD" or "LIER" ???

pd: I was just kidding, keep on the bussiness doing things well as you`re doing. Congratulations for all your effort posting the real outputs

Last edited:
john, in the big picture of the label of this link 200mW 532nm Mid-Open Green Laser Pointer(1*CR123A Included) $40.72 Free Shipping is says "DRIECT" instead of "DIRECT", so you are a HK / Chinese scammer, we don`t like your bussiness techniques. You could change it and had a perfect site with no errors, that`s why you are alive.

but now... I realize that you have one of the best power / price values of all the internet, and a GREAT customer service... so, are you so "BAD" or "LIER" ???

pd: just kidding, keep on the bussiness doing things well as you`re doing. Congratulations for all your effort.

What?

this doesnt make any sense read by a native english speaker so I cant imagine John who doesnt speak english as a first language will be able to decipher anything from it.

john id ignore this

megha

What?

this doesnt make any sense read by a native english speaker so I cant imagine John who doesnt speak english as a first language will be able to decipher anything from it.

john id ignore this

don`t ask to ignore, ask me if you have any question or help me to make it more easy to understand.

Okay

What does everything highlighted in red mean?

pd: I was just kidding, keep on the bussiness doing things well as you`re doing.
Congratulations for all your effort posting the real outputs

megha

Okay

What does everything highlighted in red mean?

I`ve already sent a PM to john to avoid answering things that are impossible to understand for english language speakers. Don`t care about understanding it, the message was for john not for his secretary.

Sorry for all the people that lost it`s time trying to understand my ununderstandable answer.

I`ve already sent a PM to john to avoid answering things that are impossible to understand for english language speakers. Don`t care about understanding it, the message was for john not for his secretary.

Sorry for all the people that lost it`s time trying to understand my ununderstandable answer.

It seems that I haven't receive your PM, could you send it again?

BTW, Where is the mistake? and what do you mean by the words " is says "DRIECT" instead of "DIRECT", so you are a HK / Chinese scammer"? I think it is a mistake made by my worker, but I can't find out it now.

thanks
reliable john

John,

In reference to your signature and the $885 1W laser 'pointer'- I don't know if anyone else has told you, or whether I'm the first to mention it.

That isn't a laser pointer, it's a 'lab' laser, commonly found in either a lab (unlikely, considering the model and power supply), or in laser light show applications.

The reason why it's so expensive is because it's highly likely that it is capable of achieving the full 1W rated output power. These lab units are much better built than pointers, and run much more stable than green pointers or handhelds.

There's no way it can be used as a laser 'pointer'- it needs 240V to run off, and at 1W, the output is too powerful to be even remotely safe.

The unit itself looks like it's from DHOM, and they're known for their respectable-quality labbies.

Either way, two bits of information would be nice:

1. Whether this laser is TTL-modulated or analog modulated
2. A one-hour power output graph.

Hope this helps,

John:
I think megha was trying to make a joke. But he failed. I'm a native english speaker, and I have no idea what megha was saying in his post. Don't worry, we're ALL confused by his message :)

On another note, have you thought about testing some more of your lasers?
Perhaps:
200mw 405nm Focusable Mini Flashlight Style Blue-Violet Laser Pointer(1*CR123A Included) $29.16 Free Shipping
or
200mW 405nm Adjust Focus Detachable Violet Laser Pointer with Safety Lock(1*18650 Inccluded/1*CR123A) $30.86 Free Shipping

Best wishes John!

Hello, the first one is 50mw in reality, but we haven't tested the second one. We will test more later when my worker are not so busy, maybe after the spring festival.

Thanks for your trust!

John,

The reason why it's so expensive is because it's highly likely that it is capable of achieving the full 1W rated output power. These lab units are much better built than pointers, and run much more stable than green pointers or handhelds.

There's no way it can be used as a laser 'pointer'- it needs 240V to run off, and at 1W, the output is too powerful to be even remotely safe.

The unit itself looks like it's from DHOM, and they're known for their respectable-quality labbies.

Either way, two bits of information would be nice:

1. Whether this laser is TTL-modulated or analog modulated
2. A one-hour power output graph.

Hope this helps,

yes, it's really helpful!
Then, do you think it worth $880?
It is really a large amount of money.

Last edited:
I think it would really be needed to investigate the laser itself directly before we could tell if it's worth that much.

The problem is we can't tell what it's built like on the inside, what quality of components are used, etc. etc.

yes, it's really helpful!
Then, do you think it worthy $880?
It is really a large amount of money.

As enigmahack stated earlier, it really needs to be tested before you can determine whether it really is worth $880.

However, for a lab/lightshow unit, other factors are important as well. It's not simply all about output power:

-Output power (the most obvious)
-Output stability (whether the output power fluctuates)
-Modulation type (analog or TTL)
-Modulation response speed
-Modulation linearity (if analog modulation is used)

Do you have the name of the manufacturer of this laser? That would help greatly. From the outside it looks like a unit by DHOM (Suzhou Daheng Optics), but it might be a clone.

For your reference, this is a DHOM labby:

20091018_2c3ae49ff20fe9b4b48f93UDD4mXihGV.jpg

As you can see there are quite a few aesthetic similarities, leading me to believe this may be indeed produced by DHOM.

If you want a list (and detailed explanation) of the testing procedures, I can PM you with said list. It's too messy to post here on the open forum.

Normally, we'd be the first to ask for an evaluation sample (I'm looking at you, TTerbo :na:), but in this case I doubt anyone on this forum has the necessary equipment required (photodiode pickup, etc), and it would be a waste of a laser with little to no returns in terms of performance statistics and results.

To give you a rough price bracket, however:

CNI (one of the largest, and most respected laser companies in China) has a 1W green lab unit available for around $1300 retail:

Lasershow Parts - OEM series CNI 532nm 1w

LaserWave (another well-known manufacturer) carries 1W greens for $1200 (direct), with an average price of $1400 from a retail outlet.

Lasershow Parts - LW Series OEM 532nm DPSS Laser: 1W

https://www.ctlasers.com/purchases/1000mw-watt-532nm-p-88.html

As you can see, it's really nothing to be surprised at- the price is quite low, in fact.

Last edited:

anselm

...but in this case I doubt anyone on this forum has the necessary equipment required (photodiode pickup, etc)...
What about the_led_museum? He always makes very thorough reviews, he has
(access to) a spectrometer as well....
There are others who indeed have some equipment too and know how to use it.

Trevor

What about the_led_museum? He always makes very thorough reviews, he has
(access to) a spectrometer as well....
There are others who indeed have some equipment too and know how to use it.

You are correct, many of us here (myself included) have the right tools to do just this.

Ahh, the glories of a university lab. :D

-Trevor